When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Whilst Labour support the amendment they also support these restrictions so they’ll vote for any measures to limit the spread of the virus. 

In a tory majority parliament? - I'm sorry but all that will end up happening is the tory mps playing to there constituents who will be largely sick of the measures. 

They will reduce measures in favor of the economy. 

Like the scientists said in august or july, we were at the threshold then for how much of the economy we could open up then without their being dire consequences on the virus and since then we have opened more nationally. 

I think we'll only be able to look back on this and make a full assessment of just how bad the government played this in about a decades time. I think there are so many things we don't know we'll only be able to compare and contrast different countries approaches with hindsight. I wish we had taken New Zealand's approach and locked down sooner and done our best to avoid all of this shitshow. Our government opted for herd immunity and every single one of us is in some way paying the price for that. 

I'd be interested to know if long Coivd is something that resulted from the lack of/poor treatment of the condition in the early days and if now that we have more effective treatment it will also reduce the instances of that as well. My friend who has it was never tested and told to self-isolate at home and even when he went to hospital twice was not given any of the effective medications that are now being given. Again only time will tell if we start seeing a reduction in these based on more effective treatments. 

One thing I'd urge everyone to remember though is that we are all in the same storm but we're not in the same boat. Some of us have barely a raft, others a huge fucking yacht and everything in between. Try hard not to be one of those who judges the actions of others (believe me I know how hard it is especially when you see people having a go at others for not sticking to rules when you have seen them not adhering to them themselves). At the end of the day we don't know what others are going through and why they are acting as they do. Stick to all the basic hygiene practices including the wearing of masks that's just common decency. 

Step away from social media and the news itself if you find it is making you feel worse. Hopefully this is just the 6 month wall that most of us are going through now. Hopefully soon we'll start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have fingers crossed that we have a live music scene to get back to next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'd be interested to know if long Coivd is something that resulted from the lack of/poor treatment of the condition in the early days and if now that we have more effective treatment it will also reduce the instances of that as well. My friend who has it was never tested and told to self-isolate at home and even when he went to hospital twice was not given any of the effective medications that are now being given. Again only time will tell if we start seeing a reduction in these based on more effective treatments.

Yeah there's nothing at the minute for the non hospitalised long covid folks. People who get a severe case and have to go to hospital are getting the steroids and newly discovered treatments, but there's a big gap where people who are really sick but are riding it out at home have no treatment other than painkillers/flu meds etc.

• Upvote 1

I've just found out a former colleague is recovering from Covid, tested positive on 18th Sept and was actually in hospital last week requiring oxygen!! Thankfully just back home but bringing it closer to home again as I only saw her a month ago to pick up a hat stand she was getting rid of jeez she's only in her 40s :( 

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

In a tory majority parliament? - I'm sorry but all that will end up happening is the tory mps playing to there constituents who will be largely sick of the measures. 

They will reduce measures in favor of the economy. 

Like the scientists said in august or july, we were at the threshold then for how much of the economy we could open up then without their being dire consequences on the virus and since then we have opened more nationally. 

You mean doing what their constituents voted them in to do? That's how democracy works, they should be listening to the public and acting on their wishes. Most people are sick of the measures because they don't make sense, won't work, and are doing more harm than good. They are misinterpretating the science and data and ruining the country.

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You mean doing what their constituents voted them in to do? That's how democracy works, they should be listening to the public and acting on their wishes. Most people are sick of the measures because they don't make sense, won't work, and are doing more harm than good. They are misinterpretating the science and data and ruining the country.

thought their constituents voted then in to get brexit done....or something like that?

23 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You mean doing what their constituents voted them in to do? That's how democracy works, they should be listening to the public and acting on their wishes.

That's not how democracy is designed in the UK. MPs are representatives, not delegates.

They are expected to use their own judgement, not blindly follow what those who are the loudest bedwetters are shouting.

13 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Mahyar was clearly expecting TV companies to have TV cameras, but there's little point filming what you don't want to show.

The loons have been sent home anyway now. Not much to film. Dispersal order in place.