When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Students have been so shafted from the exams fiasco to this, a complete lack of thought about them or regard, a complete failure with regards to the university's duty of care towards them, overseen by a government that doesn't give a s*** about them- what an awful way to treat people

Tories have never given a shit about students, unless they went to Eton!

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

On Wednesday. Move in day is tomorrow but I’m going up later to miss some of freshers to avoid the initial parties...

It will be fine ...  just try to make the best out of the difficult early times ... a few months and hopefully you will be able to enjoy more of uni life 

9 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

On Wednesday. Move in day is tomorrow but I’m going up later to miss some of freshers to avoid the initial parties...

I do hope it turns out okay, it must be hard waiting to go and seeing all the stuff in the news

29 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’m so scared to go now

Pretty sad state of affairs when what should be the happiest days of your life provoke this reaction! This is not a dig at you FJ, I'd be scared too if I was in your boat.

It just makes me so angry at the way our young people are treated by the c**ts in charge!

15 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I do hope it turns out okay, it must be hard waiting to go and seeing all the stuff in the news

That’s why I’ve decided not to go for move in day... I just want to see what happens with everyone moving in and then turn up a bit later. I hope I settle in ok though. 

I hope I don’t get put into isolation too, I’m gonna be super careful around campus.

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Honestly the most shortsighted rule since this whole thing started. Will make zero difference to infection rates, if anything they'll go up when people start gathering in homes

Im trying to work out some logic to it .... maybe it will put some off going out at all if they have to be home by 10 !! 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anything particular ? The partner issue ? 

Nah she’s here :D just looking at the whole thing with the students and feeling a bit paternal because that was me many moons ago and I remember how tough the transition was and feeling sorry for all those 18-19 year olds. I just want us all to have our old lives back y’know. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Nah she’s here :D just looking at the whole thing with the students and feeling a bit paternal because that was me many moons ago and I remember how tough the transition was and feeling sorry for all those 18-19 year olds. I just want us all to have our old lives back y’know. 

Not alone on that one ... hopefully won’t be so long ... just a tiny proportion of our lives and theirs ... hopefully most will be able to adapt and make the best of it ... and the party’s will just be a little delayed ... it’s  less than 100 days till xmas so hopefully after that or maybe slightly before we can see some light at the end of the tunnel 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I know it must be so hard for them as going to Uni is an exciting and social experience but Covid has other ideas :( 

I'm sure they will get through it like the rest of us but it's defo challenging time at the moment...

You take care and keep talking to folk as by doing that we are supporting each other and keeping our sanity!!

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah, that's been catching me a lot this week. I'll think of something from *the before times* and think "gah, I really just want to go out, get drunk and have a dance" and then I remember and I realise just how far away we are from that being a thing again. Or at least a thing I can feel safe and responsible to do.

Then I'll think about making plans to see my family. And then I remember. And then I remember I'm in the heart of a hotspot right now and it won't be 'safe' for who knows how long. 

It's a weird old time alright. I'm just trying to focus on the things I'm fortunate to have right now.

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yeah, that's been catching me a lot this week. I'll think of something from *the before times* and think "gah, I really just want to go out, get drunk and have a dance" and then I remember and I realise just how far away we are from that being a thing again. Or at least a thing I can feel safe and responsible to do.

Then I'll think about making plans to see my family. And then I remember. And then I remember I'm in the heart of a hotspot right now and it won't be 'safe' for who knows how long. 

It's a weird old time alright. I'm just trying to focus on the things I'm fortunate to have right now.

By the time this pandemic is over I’ll have a decent excuse for my shit dancing :) 

• Upvote 2