When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Hey was wondering if anyone here can help me out with advice on whether I need to isolate or not. Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat, which throughout the day turned into a sore throat headache, chills and a runny nose. Didn’t get much sleep and when I woke up my nose is fully blocked the chills are still there and headache but sore throat is gone. A cough has started to develop however it’s about one cough every hour nothing major. A bit gross but my snot is green which online says this is a viral infection like the common cold or flu. The blocked nose means I’ve lost my taste and smell and that and the new cough by government guidelines means you have to isolate right or is it different if you know the cause of the loss is a blocked nose. It also says online that any congestion of nose or runny nose is highly unlikely to be COVID so what shall i do ?

5 minutes ago, alfc7 said:

Hey was wondering if anyone here can help me out with advice on whether I need to isolate or not. Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat, which throughout the day turned into a sore throat headache, chills and a runny nose. Didn’t get much sleep and when I woke up my nose is fully blocked the chills are still there and headache but sore throat is gone. A cough has started to develop however it’s about one cough every hour nothing major. A bit gross but my snot is green which online says this is a viral infection like the common cold or flu. The blocked nose means I’ve lost my taste and smell and that and the new cough by government guidelines means you have to isolate right or is it different if you know the cause of the loss is a blocked nose. It also says online that any congestion of nose or runny nose is highly unlikely to be COVID so what shall i do ?

I don’t think you need to isolate, generally a runny nose, blocked sinuses and a sore throat aren’t symptoms. Have you downloaded the NHS COVID-19 app it should give steps of what you should do?

8 minutes ago, alfc7 said:

Call 111 and see this website rather than ask for medical advice on a festivals site?

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19

Edited by Copperface

6 minutes ago, alfc7 said:

doesn't sound like covid19 to me...you could try and get a test but might not be easy to get one. Maybe you should stay home as much as possible though as you don't really want to pass whatever it is on. If you do go out you could wear a mask...ugh.

Another national lockdown has to be a no-no surely?

In the East and the South-West and all the other areas where there's such a low-level of infection would suffer dis-proportionally.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=47574f7a6e454dc6a42c5f6912ed7076

Need to give the local lockdowns time to work. A few weeks at least?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, alfc7 said:

Sounds like you're ill enough from your cold to take a couple of days off work.  

8 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Another national lockdown has to be a no-no surely?

In the East and the South-West and all the other areas where there's such a low-level of infection would suffer dis-proportionally.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=47574f7a6e454dc6a42c5f6912ed7076

Living in the SW this is the precise reason I'd be so so annoyed if any thing too draconian was enforced nationwide.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Living in the SW this is the precise reason I'd be so so annoyed if any thing too draconian was enforced nationwide.

They won’t want to be seen to be picking on London. Especially after the whole ‘stop being lazy and get back in the office’ drive was pretty focused on the city. It would show they got it wrong on a huge level. Better for them to lock all areas down and blame the students going to university...

31 minutes ago, Gilb said:

The government was criticised for acting far too late last time, leave it a few weeks and we act too late again and our hospitalisation figures could look as bad as last time. Yes, cases are lower in south and east England compared to the north, but the rate of infection is increasing nationwide and we need some proper action taken before it’s too late and the health of the entire nation suffers. It’s clear the local lockdowns aren’t working to bring nationwide rates down, further action is needed to bring the nationwide rates down.

This is coming from someone living in South of england, an hour out from London. We can’t make the same mistakes as March.

Just to clarify I dont want to be banned from mixing households, it’s bad for mental health, but the pub curfew isn’t going to stop surging virus cases!

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

So the restrictions in Leeds are going to be that we can't mix households... Unless we go to the pub or restaurant to do it 🤨

People will not adhere to the no mixing of households rule if they can go down the pub still. Imagine being told you can't go round to your Mum's house to see her but you can go down the pub with her for a spot of lunch? Its farcical and people will (rightly, imo) take umbrage with it. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Andre91 said:

People will not adhere to the no mixing of households rule if they can still go down the pub with other households. Imagine being told you can't go round to your Mum's house to see her but you can go down the pub with her for a spot of lunch? It would be farcical and people would (rightly, imo) take umbrage with it. 

58 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yes it bloody is ..... countdown to vaccine of some description is on now .... keep the faith 

Exactly, we can’t allow the virus to affect us mentally. We have to remain positive. This shit will end sometime, until then we have to support one another, our friends and families. Life is precious.