When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

In direct costs sure. But if you can utlize those 33% of hours productively it's only a small increase.

Which, I think regardless of if you like the approach or not, is the point.

I get the point, but it's not only about "if you can utlize those 33% of hours productively", because I could fill full hours productively .... but productive is naff all use without the sales and better (proportional) profits than in 'normal times'. ;) 

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Kind of like this? Employer retains staff on 33% hours, while paying them, out of their own pocket, 58% of their salary?

They could simply hire part-time staff, without the additional cost? This scheme is destined to fail.

I believe they also qualify for the £1k per employee bonus if they don't make them redundant.

5 minutes ago, hogga said:

The job retention bonus might also help. Would you be eligible to claim it? 

yeah - tho the bummer for me is that I now need to pay myself a bigger wage (that the company can't afford) from November than I would have otherwise done to get that 'free' £1k in January.

Personally I gain (which is useful, but I can survive on less), but it will be worse for the company's finances - and I was trying to keep the company debt as low as I can, so I end up feeling no real benefit with the company in that worse financial position.

Edited by eFestivals

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If places where you go for lunch aren’t following guidelines and you’re not comfortable with it then take your business elsewhere to somewhere that is following the rules. Businesses will follow the money. 

Wasn’t my choice unfortunately it was a vegan place which my dad wanted to go to. I wouldn’t have personally eaten in there with it like that. I just think people constantly ignoring the rules will put us all back into lockdown, which I really don’t want to happen.

4BBD21BE-A93B-49F5-85B4-121308761635.jpeg.42f091a250bbd2595c61a4e208a8c65c.jpeg

@Sdsm123 sorry my posts are such a burden to you and that my analysis is “really annoying”. 

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah - tho the bummer for me is that I now need to pay myself a bigger wage (that the company can't afford) from November than I would have otherwise done to get that 'free' £1k in January.

Personally I gain (which is useful, but I can survive on less), but it will be worse for the company's finances - and I was trying to keep the company debt as low as I can, so I end up feeling no real benefit with the company in that worse financial position.

Reading this has tipped me over the edge and convinced me to do something I've been meaning to for a while - I've gone Gold. Hope that helps, even if it's only a little bit of help.

3 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Reading this has tipped me over the edge and convinced me to do something I've been meaning to for a while - I've gone Gold. Hope that helps, even if it's only a little bit of help.

Thank you, yes it helps.

I might lose my employment sometime soon with my company but support from the gold-ers ensures that efestivals won't be going anywhere.

16 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Wasn’t my choice unfortunately it was a vegan place which my dad wanted to go to. I wouldn’t have personally eaten in there with it like that. I just think people constantly ignoring the rules will put us all back into lockdown, which I really don’t want to happen.

4BBD21BE-A93B-49F5-85B4-121308761635.jpeg.42f091a250bbd2595c61a4e208a8c65c.jpeg

@Sdsm123 sorry my posts are such a burden to you and that my analysis is “really annoying”. 

Just have to put your foot down. Personally I wouldn’t have been comfortable with a vegan place anyway but that’s a conversation for a different place 😂

As for the @Sdsm123 issue. Surely a member that has been banned from posting should also be banned from harassing people via private message. Something for @eFestivals to look at. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just have to put your foot down. Personally I wouldn’t have been comfortable with a vegan place anyway but that’s a conversation for a different place 😂

As for the @Sdsm123 issue. Surely a member that has been banned from posting should also be banned from harassing people via private message. Something for @eFestivals to look at. 

Yep totally ... @FestivalJamie everyone’s posts are equally valid ... keep posting ... 

2 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

Bye Bye to so many sectors

bye Bye to the arts.

Everyone needs to get a new job lolollollol. 

What?

He's been getting such undeserved servile, deferential coverage over the lockdown, I'm enjoying your rampage because I think he's shite!

Plus don't forget, he was against the first lockdown and only got the job in the first place because he was more than happy to let Cummings dominate. 

He's yet another tory, emperors new clothes, non-entity, inflated by fawning media coverage (the BBC even depicted him as a super hero) because he's posh and they find him handsome - it's a joke! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

He's been getting such undeserved servile, deferential coverage over the lockdown, I'm enjoying your rampage because I think he's shite!

Plus don't forget, he was against the first lockdown and only got the job in the first place because he was more than happy to let Cummings dominate. 

He's yet another tory, emperors new clothes, non-entity, inflated by fawning media coverage (the BBC even depicted him as a super hero) because he's posh and they find him handsome - it's a joke! 

He's also really short, not that it matters but he's a little pixie person.

24758580-8005719-image-a-15_1581718859871.jpg

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

So are music venues just screwed then?

Sorry, didn't watch but going on what I've read... 

I'm also very worried for the charity sector, had our update meeting recently and its grim- most charities are really really struggling, and can't fundraise due to lack of face to face events.