When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

So what About the businesses that aren’t able to function at all at the moment .... Do they get nothing ? Or did I miss something ? 

Yep they get nothing, they basically said they are protecting VIABLE jobs. So anyone else has to somehow get a new job. 

FUCK rishi, who the hell likes this fraud hack 

Also for MONTHS the government kept saying support wouldn’t be extended, businesses would’ve planned for that and now suddenly after cases have been rising for weeks now they announce new measures. It’s so unorganised and reeks of panic.

Clearly the support is good for those that are applicable but serious questions have to be asked at why it’s taken them this long.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

hmm, totally misunderstood how it works.

It will work for me - I think - but it's a heavy load on wages costs from the employer, of at least 55% of the wage.

14e04cc5-29aa-4487-974f-41dae8df45dd.png

I swear he said the business would pay a 3rd of the wages then the government would cover 2/3rds? I probably didn’t understand him. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Can I decide that Boris job isn’t viable ? 

Absolutely.

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Serious question - whom else would you suggest does that?

To be honest I’m not really sure, society as a whole. I just don’t like that if the Government thinks a job isn’t viable in their eyes then that’s it. Surely you could keep people in jobs like they currently are (for sectors that need it) then when the crises is over and trade returns then the jobs are there for them?

37 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Probably the Scottish one, which I’ve got,  screams out the warning ‘ get yourself back across the border ya bastard right now’  if I dare cross into England 😉

Just tested it, maybe it has set an alarm off somewhere.  Question I have is what postcode do I use for the English one? 

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

hmm, totally misunderstood how it works.

It will work for me - I think - but it's a heavy load on wages costs from the employer, of at least 55% of the wage.

14e04cc5-29aa-4487-974f-41dae8df45dd.png

By the end of October they'll already be paying 20% of wages for 0 hours.

So they effectively go up to paying 35% more wages for 33% of the hours.

For a large enough company where you could go from furloughing 50% of your employees completely, to furloughing X% more on a 33% hours basis, it could probably be no more expensive.

Just now, Ozanne said:

To be honest I’m not really sure, society as a whole. I just don’t like that if the Government thinks a job isn’t viable in their eyes then that’s it.

It's not quite the govt who's doing it, it's the economics - whether a business can get by with Sunak's offering.

Whatever Sunak offered there'd still be an economic crunch point for some (the worst-off) businesses.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Surely you could keep people in jobs like they currently are (for sectors that need it) then when the crises is over and trade returns then the jobs are there for them?

I think Sunak's thinking is this...

1. if you can't work there's no viable job there.
2. you can get another job in the meantime (subject to availability, of course)
3. if the old job comes back in the future, you can return to that job if you want to.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's not quite the govt who's doing it, it's the economics - whether a business can get by with Sunak's offering.

Whatever Sunak offered there'd still be an economic crunch point for some (the worst-off) businesses.

3. if the old job comes back in the future, you can return to that job if you want to.

I think they need a separate compensation scheme for businesses closed under their regulations ( i.e, sectoral)

Saying that, Rishi also said the economy is shifting permanently as a result of Covid, so i think they are braced for failures of some businesses 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

All those options add extreme measures of stress and anxiety don’t they? If you kept furlough like it is wouldn’t that help those measures at least for a while. 
This is the thing there isn’t a viable job because the Government have asked people to stay at home and have put restrictions on businesses. The Government said at the beginning that no one should lose out for doing the right thing, they will now possibly be losing out for doing the right thing.

I really get how tough it is to find the right option and no way is perfect; I’m just worried this might not be the best way.