When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

So Rishi's on in a bit. 
He's gone from a promising voice at the beginning of lockdown, to one of the most grating of them all in my opinion. 
He released the first furlough scheme and from then on has only bragged and boasted about how much money the government have spent to help us. Though his priorities have always been with the businesses themselves and not retaining jobs as he has refused to address huge gaps in the furlough scheme. Don't get me started on how eat out to help out probably is responsible for this second spike and a lot of my friends worst months in work in the hospitality sector, due to busy nights and rude customers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54272938

Early reports from his new plan, seem to suggest a wage subsidy, meaning only extra help for those businesses that are already open or can open before furlough ends, paying parts of workers wage, if they are employed with a lot lower hours than usual. It doesn't seem like any plan to help the excluded or the self employed as of yet, but if it's like last time, he will try giving the bare minimum help until theres enough backlash and then maybe still ignore it. 

I want Rishi to surprise us today and announce some new plan that will actually help people, rather than just encourage businesses to stay open, while they feasibly can't. 

Also seems he is doing more loans. Like are you fucking kidding me, we are beyond loans at this point. 

We'll see I guess

45 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If you want a more detailed breakdown of cases in your council area then this will help:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=47574f7a6e454dc6a42c5f6912ed7076
It’s linked from the Gov site so it’s legit. 

That's MSOA level and is I believe the lowest level that the test result data is shared with the wider public. 

Unless it's changed in the last 3 weeks it was still only available to local authorities at a postcode level which isn't as useful as all that...

30 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

So Rishi's on in a bit. 
He's gone from a promising voice at the beginning of lockdown, to one of the most grating of them all in my opinion. 
He released the first furlough scheme and from then on has only bragged and boasted about how much money the government have spent to help us. Though his priorities have always been with the businesses themselves and not retaining jobs as he has refused to address huge gaps in the furlough scheme. Don't get me started on how eat out to help out probably is responsible for this second spike and a lot of my friends worst months in work in the hospitality sector, due to busy nights and rude customers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54272938

Early reports from his new plan, seem to suggest a wage subsidy, meaning only extra help for those businesses that are already open or can open before furlough ends, paying parts of workers wage, if they are employed with a lot lower hours than usual. It doesn't seem like any plan to help the excluded or the self employed as of yet, but if it's like last time, he will try giving the bare minimum help until theres enough backlash and then maybe still ignore it. 

I want Rishi to surprise us today and announce some new plan that will actually help people, rather than just encourage businesses to stay open, while they feasibly can't. 

Also seems he is doing more loans. Like are you fucking kidding me, we are beyond loans at this point. 

We'll see I guess

Union and CBI seems to be on board

CBI and TUC bosses join Sunak for photocall ahead of winter economy plan announcement

On budget day it’s traditional for the chancellor to pose for a photograph outside No 11 with his red box and his Treasury team. There is no red box today, but there does seem to be a winter economy plan document, which Rishi Sunak was holding when he had his picture taken in Downing Street a few minutes ago.

Much more interesting was his decision to stage the photocall with Frances O’Grady, general secretary of the TUC, and Carolyn Fairbairn, director general of the CBI. The Treasury has been consulting both organisations ahead of today’s announcement. That in itself is not particularly unusual, but to get both of them to sign up to pre-announcement endorsement-by-photocall is striking.

He also has an afternoon press conference

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hope the Scottish and English apps are compatible

They aren't according to the Beeb:

"What if users travel to Scotland or Northern Ireland, which have their own apps?

Apple and Google's framework will not allow two apps to contact trace simultaneously.

So when users cross the border, they need to open the local app and turn on contact tracing within it.

This will bring up a prompt asking: "Switch app for exposure notifications?"

Doing so, will turn off the one they were using beforehand."

Which is of course fucking stupid and I'm not sure which administration is to blame.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Union and CBI seems to be on board

CBI and TUC bosses join Sunak for photocall ahead of winter economy plan announcement

On budget day it’s traditional for the chancellor to pose for a photograph outside No 11 with his red box and his Treasury team. There is no red box today, but there does seem to be a winter economy plan document, which Rishi Sunak was holding when he had his picture taken in Downing Street a few minutes ago.

Much more interesting was his decision to stage the photocall with Frances O’Grady, general secretary of the TUC, and Carolyn Fairbairn, director general of the CBI. The Treasury has been consulting both organisations ahead of today’s announcement. That in itself is not particularly unusual, but to get both of them to sign up to pre-announcement endorsement-by-photocall is striking.

He also has an afternoon press conference

Sounds promising. though i dont hold out hope 

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

"What if users travel to Scotland or Northern Ireland, which have their own apps?

Apple and Google's framework will not allow two apps to contact trace simultaneously.

So when users cross the border, they need to open the local app and turn on contact tracing within it.

Which is of course fucking stupid and I'm not sure which administration is to blame.

Knowing our Government it'll be us the users who are to blame!

Edited by JoeyT

7 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Probably the Scottish one, which I’ve got,  screams out the warning ‘ get yourself back across the border ya bastard right now’  if I dare cross into England 😉

This is so shit so far. -  Doesn't help anyone in industries that cannot open at the moment. Not viable businesses, as in the whole of arts, theatre, cinemas, hospitality. All the excluded don't get a thing. It's been 6 months with no income for so many. and there are not jobs 

This is ridiculous, again putting all the power of employment in the hands of the employer, There's no reason for some businesses to keep  

SHITTTTTTTTTTT