When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

39 minutes ago, priest17 said:

what happens if I get a notification? If I'm on a train does the whole train then have to self isolate?

So if you get a notification it means you've had close contact with someone who has tested positive. If you were on a train then it would only be those people who were close to the person who had a positive test for more than 15 minutes that would get a notification to self isolate. So if you were sat next to them on the journey you'd definitely get a notification, I don't know quite what the definition of close contact is but the maximum range of Bluetooth is only a few metres so it can't be more than that.

43 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Also what if I think I've already had it? Would washing my hands after getting a notification do the job?

Thinking you've already have it makes no difference and washing your hands after a notification absolutely won't do. If you get a notification you isolate and if you develop symptoms you get a test*.

*Assuming you can actually get a test.

35 minutes ago, priest17 said:

If I'm walking down the street and walk past someone with it my phone tells me (and I guess my flat mate who I've known for a total of 7 weeks) to stay home for 2 weeks? Do I have to go home immediately?

Your flatmate wouldn't have to isolate, you should try and socially distance as much as possible and your flatmate would only have to isolate if you developed symptoms.

If you get a notification you should isolate immediately, I can see the temptation to do a big shop first but that is putting people at risk. Go home get a friend to go on a supply run for you.

5 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’m just getting fed up to be honest, I’m absolutely petrified to go to university after hearing constant stories about hundreds of students having freshers parties and absolutely no one is sticking to the rules. Like I already know it’s going to be so horrible for me and the universities aren’t doing anything to stop the parties and enforce the rules... and the amount of students put into isolation already is horrible.

And then I’m told I might not be able to leave at all at christmas? It’s horrible.

Dropping out becomes more and more tempting before it’s too late. But the job market is so bad so I’m not sure I would be able to find a job and I can’t sit around unemployed for a whole year again.

Obviously I don't know exactly your situation but if I had been due to start Uni this year I would absolutely have looked into deferring entry for a year. Starting uni is a social experience that just isn't compatible with social distancing.

19 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So if you get a notification it means you've had close contact with someone who has tested positive. If you were on a train then it would only be those people who were close to the person who had a positive test for more than 15 minutes that would get a notification to self isolate. So if you were sat next to them on the journey you'd definitely get a notification, I don't know quite what the definition of close contact is but the maximum range of Bluetooth is only a few metres so it can't be more than that.

Thinking you've already have it makes no difference and washing your hands after a notification absolutely won't do. If you get a notification you isolate and if you develop symptoms you get a test*.

*Assuming you can actually get a test.

Your flatmate wouldn't have to isolate, you should try and socially distance as much as possible and your flatmate would only have to isolate if you developed symptoms.

If you get a notification you should isolate immediately, I can see the temptation to do a big shop first but that is putting people at risk. Go home get a friend to go on a supply run for you.

Thank you, that's useful.

So basically I've just gotta remember to turn it off when I'm on a train :P

(I haven't got a train since March, I don't know why I was worried about that)

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ok so another one ... how does it work with walls between properties ? I’m probably sat within Bluetooth range a floor below my neighbours ... will that trigger for me ? And will it tell me the location where I came into contact ? 

From the BBC article - I guess this applies at home too? 

What if users work with PPE or behind a perspex screen?

While users are normally encouraged to keep the app active and their phone to hand whenever out of the house, there are exceptions.
To avoid people being told to self-isolate when they were protected, or phones logging each other while in lockers, there is an option to temporarily turn off contact tracing, at the bottom of the home screen.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

From the BBC article - I guess this applies at home too? 

What if users work with PPE or behind a perspex screen?

While users are normally encouraged to keep the app active and their phone to hand whenever out of the house, there are exceptions.
To avoid people being told to self-isolate when they were protected, or phones logging each other while in lockers, there is an option to temporarily turn off contact tracing, at the bottom of the home screen.

Yep that makes sense ... read it but didn’t log in my head ... rushes to turn off the app :) 

In a separate interview Scotland’s national clinical director, Prof Jason Leitch, said research showed that a contact-tracing app had to be downloaded by 15% of the population “to start to make a difference to actual harm and death”.

In Scotland 15% of the adult population would be around 689,000 people. But the Scottish government’s app has been downloaded by 1.2m people in the 10 days since it was launched, Leitch said.

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m moderate ... despite 0cases per 100,000 in my postcode 

There’s only 2 risk levels in England... medium and high! 

(Wales has low, medium and high) 

F00EFD62-5FB7-4D28-8A00-2B52C2090307.png

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

that will be why im medium then !!! not moderate :) was thinking I might be surrounded by higher risk areas 

I’m guessing our lords and leaders think that by telling people they are in a low risk area (which you and I both are) everyone will have continuous raves and orgies! 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Seriously?

Is someone really going to check to see if I have someone tied to my bed or not. Especially if they are masked up. 

I mean, what you and Mr Squirrelarmy (Or Mrs of course. People of all sexual orientations are welcome on this thread) do behind closed doors is none of my business. But casual hookups are out for the time being. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I mean, what you and Mr Squirrelarmy (Or Mrs of course. People of all sexual orientations are welcome on this thread) do behind closed doors is none of my business. But casual hookups are out for the time being. 

Strangely enough I got sent the link for the bbc article about this yesterday ... if someone is mad enough to have me longer term i will take the risk ... it’s no more risky than people in couples in my eyes