When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

For anyone looking for work at the moment its worth keeping your eye on supermarkets with an online delivery service .... It is minimum wage and the contracted hours probably won't be full time .... but in the near future my store will be recruiting 30 new posts .... and im pretty sure that all online delivery supermarkets will be doing the same . And if its an ASDA please dm me :) so you can use my name as a recommendation :) 

Do we think thts an indication there may be restrictions with shopping in the actual supermarket and to increase the online shopping in another possible lockdown!! 
Good News on the working conditions for you and others though!! 

Edited by funkychick2007
Spelling

15 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Do we think thts an indication there may be restrictions with shopping in the actual supermarket and to increase the online shopping in another possible lockdown!! 
Good News on the working conditions for you and others though!! 

we have just had a couple of extra vans so that will account for some of the extra roles ... its  mainly though just the increase in demand going up and up ... I think they might limit the numbers inside the stores and reintroduce the queues outside at some point ... but also read about an app that they were trialling that they might use to stop people waiting in the winter cold outside ... presumably you checked in on arrival and somehow you were summonsed in a queuing system ... didnt hear to much after it was trialed elsewhere but I doubt they dropped it ... added to that labour turnover is quite high in these roles 

Edited by crazyfool1

Good speech by Starmer, I much prefer his style of public speaking which is much more low key and down to earth than Johnsons. He had a good mix of optimism, realism of the current situation, criticism of the Government and patriotism. The criticism addressed areas that people will be able to connect with in their lives as he focussed on testing. It was noticeable that when the PM blamed the public for these additional measures, Starmer blamed the PM and his Government.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I will hold off then .... Thanks although I think I might have it on my phone already but in a not working state 

Dont worry about that - it's just there to hook into the app when installed - put there by your phone software manufacturer - if you dont install the app it'll do nothing 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Dont worry about that - it's just there to hook into the app when installed - put there by your phone software manufacturer - if you dont install the app it'll do nothing 

ive got the app on my home screen but it needs some kind of code that ive not been sent or entered presumably that will be available tomorrow 

5C346151-A648-4376-BF78-76F1115DB228.jpeg

Edited by crazyfool1

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Remember when I suggested Spaffer would work the rules to the benefit of his wedding? Seems I was wrong about that, tho perhaps not by much.

2 days before lockdown Carrie had a baby shower.

2 days before the rule of six their baby had it's Christening.

Hmmmmm!

Saw a rumour that they had broken up. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so who is ? and who isn't ? downloading the app tomorrow , and why ?  I will be but dont think it will ever pick me up as my contacts are very rarely over 15 mins 

I’ll download it... seems like a better way to pick up our “hidden” contacts than manual contact tracing (e.g. the person you sit beside on the train) 

8 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

It's 2.5% at the moment. Obviously needs watching in the next week's to see if restrictions make an impact and keep it at that level or lower.

Over 7% in Scotland yesterday. Sturgeon talks a good game but there are serious problems especially in city areas. Only 20 miles from us is a town where the police are overwhelmed with trying to deal with house parties and  drinkers gathering in parks. And there is the scandal of care homes, government instructions back in March to clear the hospitals and transfer the elderly to care homes, without testing, resulting in half the deaths in Scotland have been in care homes.  Sturgeon is winning the PR battle but it’s easy to do that when you don’t have to find the cash to pay for everything and just asks for more from Westminster. 

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Ian Brown at it now.

That rock n roll lifestyle. Live fast n die young or live fast and survive to see all those toxins you exposed your noggin to make your brain ripe for conspiracy theories and insisting on giving opinions nobody asked for.

Maybe John Squire was actually the good guy all along?!

https://www.ft.com/content/b782f666-6847-4487-986c-56d3f5e46c0b

Apologies if this has already been discussed but theres been an interesting and controversial development on the vaccine, they're planning on deliberately infecting fit and healthy volunteers after being immunised with the Oxford vaccines and seeing the immediate effects of it and if it can work 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

https://www.ft.com/content/b782f666-6847-4487-986c-56d3f5e46c0b

Apologies if this has already been discussed but theres been an interesting and controversial development on the vaccine, they're planning on deliberately infecting fit and healthy volunteers after being immunised with the Oxford vaccines and seeing the immediate effects of it and if it can work 

It's paywalled but does it specify the Oxford vaccine? Was reading about this earlier on a different site and it said the specific vaccine/s hadn't been disclosed.