When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Reckon this'll be of interest to you then, you're ASDA if I remember correctly?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54261861

oh my bloody god ... I need to lie down thats far too much for me in the space of 2 days ....  now they can actually enforce properly now the staff have been made to wear them .... I nearly handed out some today to one of the customers I know was ignoring .... shame I cant issue the fines that might make people reconsider very quickly ..... but yes great news for my safety .... now should I apply for one of those jobs ? :) 

Unfortunately it is going to be at least a couple of weeks until we even start to see any effect on the case numbers. Even if we went into a March style lockdown tomorrow the numbers would be rising.

I just hope we don’t make the same mistakes as last time and leave things too late

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Super Dishi Rishi (as my Indian neighbour calls him) to the rescue !?

I mean, as politicians go, he’s not bad I suppose! But super dishi is pushing it a bit! 

12 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Unfortunately it is going to be at least a couple of weeks until we even start to see any effect on the case numbers. Even if we went into a March style lockdown tomorrow the numbers would be rising.

I just hope we don’t make the same mistakes as last time and leave things too late

Personal opinion but I think stricter action is required right now. The new measures announced yesterday are just stalling the bigger problem and I think we will act too late again. I imagine we will see a full lockdown in 2-4 weeks time, as sad as it is.

There is no chance of a full lockdown again, it isn't viable and people wouldn't comply. It's more likely they will do a 2 week circuit break in October within the school holidays so it doesn't effect that to carry cases down, I bet the government will also carry the mantra that it isnt as bad as we're testing the whole country as opposed to only the worst example of cases in hospitals

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

Im confused, so the figure reported today are the highest reported figures of a single day in the lockdown. Is the Uk gov website wrong, why are these other figures?

Sorry mate I edited my post. The figures that Sky are going from are the reported date figures whereas I think the one you are going from is the specimen date.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Sorry mate I edited my post. The figures that Sky are going from are the reported date figures whereas I think the one you are going from is the specimen date.

Ah okay. No worries. I'm just wondering how high cases have to spike, before they have to take stricter measures, or will it only rely on hospitalizations going up

5 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Ah okay. No worries. I'm just wondering how high cases have to spike, before they have to take stricter measures, or will it only rely on hospitalizations going up

Itll be hospitalizations easily, if there were for example 1000 cases and only 50 needed assistance they wouldn't act as radically as if there were 500, I think they also have seen generally in europe the cases haven't increased hospitalizations as harshly as the first time round

Edited by Chapple12345

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Bear in mind that todays figures are 6,178 from 218,360 tests.  The 6,201 on 1st May was from just 83,143 tests, and it's possible that those tests were still mainly only in hospital environments.

It's clearly on the up, but we're still way under the volumes of the spring peak.

Edited by parsonjack

Just now, parsonjack said:

Bear in mind that todays figures are 6,178 from 218,360 tests.  The 6,201 on 1st May was from just 83,143 tests, and it's possible that those tests were still mainly only in hospital environments.

It's clearly on the up, but we're still way under the volumes of the spring peak.

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Itll be hospitalizations easily, if there were for example 1000 cases and only 50 needed assistance they wouldn't act as radically as if there were 500, I think they also have seen generally in europe the cases haven't increased hospitalizations as harshly as the first time round

Hospitalizations have gone up. Tbh though I think they'll wait to see how the local lockdowns and new measures do first. I think they'll ban household mixing first

Edited by zahidf