When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I find it quite distressing that they are calling it "NHS Test and Trace" at every opportunity as if to shift the blame of it's failure towards the people most clapped for on a Thursday night when really the people behind Test and Trace are the government and the blame should lie with them.

Shift and Denial. 

• Like 1

Have they released any supporting documentation behind the latest rulings that have been brought it, to try and justify the reasons behind doing so? 
I think it really would go a long way to getting people on board, for example the reason behind no longer allowing fans into sporting events isn’t due to social distancing within the stadium, rather that it will be very difficult to do so when getting into the ground itself, and congregating in the concourse at HT or FT. Or closing pubs at 10pm so people don’t get so drunk they can no longer apply social distancing. 

As crazy as some of these restrictions seem to most of us, there must be some logic behind them (you would hope!)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kalopsia said:

I find it quite distressing that they are calling it "NHS Test and Trace" at every opportunity as if to shift the blame of it's failure towards the people most clapped for on a Thursday night when really the people behind Test and Trace are the government and the blame should lie with them.

Shift and Denial. 

I’m surprised and disappointed nobody from the opposition has called this out yet.

14 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's almost too easy for Labour now isn't it?  Just ask the PM a question, any question, and you've a huge, overwhelming chance that he doesn't know the answer and will just waffle.  He can't even waffle a pont he wants to get across, it's just abstract noise most of the time.

That's the problem though isn't it? They're up against someone who gets away with absolute waffle*. People will moan on here and on Twitter and by 2pm it won't have made any difference. Right wing press only seem to report when Labour slip up.

*We've all gotta come up with a different word soon coz I love waffles and their name is being dragged through the mud.

3 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Shift and Denial. 

That reminds me of my current pet hate which is people calling it "Track and Trace".

"Track and Trace" is a royal mail term.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Missed the beginning of PMQs ... dont get home till 12.10 ..... how did Starmer do ? 

Just a normal Wednesday... he asked a valid question clearly three times and Boris didn’t answer it and accused him of not supporting the government. 

Boris Johnson doesn't understand that the arts and theater bill doesn't simply give money and aid to the freelance workers. Every time someone asks a question about why the government arent supporting jobs in certain sectors. Boris Johnson just brings up a financial investment tories have made in something similar. 

Freelancers aren't getting any help and will have no income for six more months. - "We gave more to theatres already"
Thousands of Jobs in Scotland are at risk - "We are encouraging businesses to hire young people and creating more building sites"
Job loss a plenty if you don't extend furlough - "We've already given so much money to furlough and the job retention scheme, so those job losses arent our fault."

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

Pretty standard I'd say, nothing sensational.

Yep, called out Boris for his contradictory statements on Test and Trace, pushed for answers he was never going to get and got shouted at for not being supportive and going against the ‘spirit of togetherness’.

Oh, and upset Boris by reading out direct quotes from Hancock and Dido Harding regarding the failure of testing. It was a bit like Preston’s reaction to Simon Amstell reading Chantelle’s autobiography on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

• Upvote 2

thanks all ... won't bother searching it out ... not too much out of the ordinary .... haven't been able to find out a definite date for facemasks mandating for retail workers  yet ... ? talk was Thursday but ive found nothing to confirm this and my  workplace haven't yet updated us .... I want to know when to take in my party poppers !!!

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Yep, called out Boris for his contradictory statements on Test and Trace, pushed for answers he was never going to get and got shouted at for not being supportive and going against the ‘spirit of togetherness’.

Oh, and upset Boris by reading out direct quotes from Hancock and Dido Harding regarding the failure of testing. It was a bit like Preston’s reaction to Simon Amstell reading Chantelle’s autobiography on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

That is bloody brilliant example! The trouble is most people blindly go with Boris even though he turns up and waffles out a load of shit, it's so frustrating.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thanks all ... won't bother searching it out ... not too much out of the ordinary .... haven't been able to find out a definite date for facemasks mandating for retail workers  yet ... ? talk was Thursday but ive found nothing to confirm this and my  workplace haven't yet updated us .... I want to know when to take in my party poppers !!!

Pretty confident the new mask rules come in effect tomorrow

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
The Govs website has been updated today so I would think the rules are in place now.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

It's about 5 people making up the majority of the posts so not sure how it's keeping more people happy.

Pretty much sums up the entire Glastonbury forum... Some members post way too much shite that would be much more suitable in a group chat, quite off putting to a lot of people who just end up being lurkers instead of contributing.. including myself.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

That is bloody brilliant example! The trouble is most people blindly go with Boris even though he turns up and waffles out a load of shit, it's so frustrating.

Starmer wasn’t even criticising Dido at this point. He just asked which one of their reasons does the government back.

Just now, Ozanne said:

very little change today ..... I will wait and see .... our facebook page needs an update before my colleagues will react ... they have all seen it has happened but are too selfish and ignorant to bother  as yet ... 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

very little change today ..... I will wait and see .... our facebook page needs an update before my colleagues will react ... they have all seen it has happened but are too selfish and ignorant to bother  as yet ... 

Do you mean change in the store?

3 minutes ago, lbits said:

Pretty much sums up the entire Glastonbury forum... Some members post way too much shite that would be much more suitable in a group chat, quite off putting to a lot of people who just end up being lurkers instead of contributing.. including myself.

Being someone that posts a lot ive never stated that anyones views are less valid than anyone else's .... and all views are equally valid ....in other threads people are actively encouraged to post and contribute .... please carry on and get involved ... by not contributing it will seem more like the same posters ... 

7 minutes ago, lbits said:

12 posts in 10 years is some dedicated lurking. I have to admire your commitment. 

We do waffle a lot on here, can't deny that but the forum is active and especially while there's no Glastonbury news it's good to keep the site traffic high. Spreading the waffle might be the best solution for all.