When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

The thread title is when will this shit end? 

Shit I would like to end at the moment:

Covid-19

Brexit

Tory rule

Trump

It all seems on topic to me! 

Same. I don't post here much but read regularly because I'm after updates and views on all of those. 

Just now, Lycra said:

News from the frontline.

Mrs L reports her unit is once again full of Covid cases. In her opinion this time the patient demographic has chanced. It's broader with noticeably higher numbers of younger patients. 

Yeesh. Any view from Mrs L on severity of the cases compared to last time?

12 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I think maybe people are right about just posting turns of links to random articles without commenting on it yourself, or linking to any larger topic. 

Final thing I will say on the matter but this is my main grievance. Articles with no relevance posted with 0 context.

I get this is a difficult time for a lot of people but the thread had basically become a group chat for a few people. I think there is a borderline obsession for some people which really is not healthy. 

58 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not just him specifically but if it was kept to relevant posts about the topic it would be a better and more useful thread. Atm it's basically the same few people posting every current affairs news piece into the thread as possible.

Yeah yeah very good. Well over half the posts in this thread come from the same few people- what are you hoping to achieve with this pish?  

This is the least relevant thing that's been posted on here in a while

49 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Once this thread hits the inevitable 1000 page mark then maybe a split is in order. Have a dedicated Covid thread with a strong emphasis on how it potentially may affect Glastonbury. Plus a generic politics/grumbling thread about the shit. 

People are always going to come to this section of the forum as it’s the most popular one. I don’t think a lot of people even realise there is a general news thread elsewhere on the site. 

Covid news is going to dominate conversations right now. So keeping it on track would be great. More active moderation could help with moving posts and reminding people to keep on topic but that will be a colossal amount of work considering the high activity in here. 

The problem is, as noted, most the posts on here come from the same 5-7 people and they seem happy with it being a general politics/shit thread. If we moved to have a general politics thread, and a COVID thread, and you couldn't discuss anything else on the COVID thread, the same 5-7 people would just post the same stuff in the general politics thread, and no-one would use the COVID thread. 

It's not reasonable to expect the people going out of their way to share the latest developments, news and opinions in two different places so you can have a more curated experience. 

There's no harm in someone creating a COVID/Glastonbury thread, but the people doing so, and the people wanting to keep that thread active and on the front page, need to be willing to do the heavy lifting in actually doing that. By, y'know, posting something other than complaints about what other people are posting. Because all the active posters will probably stay here.

• Upvote 1

You can see Boris realizing he needs to maybe actually do something about furlough in real time. 

Though I am insulted every time he mentions "we are making new jobs" - yeah let all those people who lose their jobs work on construction sites

Edited by ace56blaa

46 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Personally right now I’m hardly checking any other media sites as I know people are going to be posting relevant information here as soon as it’s available. It’s become a condensed news feed where the majority of us are thinking the same here. 

There’s always a large group of people viewing and if they weren’t happy with the information on this thread then they wouldn’t be here. 

A dedicated stats and @Toilet Duck thread would be nice without any other conversation breaking it up. 

Yeah got to agree with this.