When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah and the thread is getting less and less useful because good, informative posts (from Toilet Duck for example) are diluted by 4 or 5 people posting every new article they can find in here even if it isn't related to Covid. There is a General News Discussion thread elsewhere btw.

Oh well, seems like you might have to get over that. Maybe just message Toilet Duck if he’s who you want to hear from.

• Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Oh well, seems like you might have to get over that. Maybe just message Toilet Duck if he’s who you want to hear from.

Not just him specifically but if it was kept to relevant posts about the topic it would be a better and more useful thread. Atm it's basically the same few people posting every current affairs news piece into the thread as possible.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah yeah very good. Well over half the posts in this thread come from the same few people- what are you hoping to achieve with this pish?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not just him specifically but if it was kept to relevant posts about the topic it would be a better and more useful thread. Atm it's basically the same few people posting every current affairs news piece into the thread as possible.

Yeah yeah very good. Well over half the posts in this thread come from the same few people- what are you hoping to achieve with this pish?  

The people you are aiming this at post much more relevant information than I’ve ever seen you post in here. Whether it’s info from Twitter, News or daily stats; it’s more than I’ve seen from you. So yes some of it might not technically be in topic but that’s because a conversation and relationships have evolved here over the 6 months.

Ironically your comments have no taken this thread even more off topic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

you love it

News on while working today is making me angry! 

This narrative that the people are to blame for not following the rules, that’s currently being spread faster than Covid by Dominic Raab sofa surfing is disgusting. 

Nothing to do with everyone in restaurants to get their cheap food then? Or being told to go back to the office and buy lunch? Schools and universities? Your pissy leadership? 

Enough TV for one day. 

Edited by stuie

Once this thread hits the inevitable 1000 page mark then maybe a split is in order. Have a dedicated Covid thread with a strong emphasis on how it potentially may affect Glastonbury. Plus a generic politics/grumbling thread about the shit. 

People are always going to come to this section of the forum as it’s the most popular one. I don’t think a lot of people even realise there is a general news thread elsewhere on the site. 

Covid news is going to dominate conversations right now. So keeping it on track would be great. More active moderation could help with moving posts and reminding people to keep on topic but that will be a colossal amount of work considering the high activity in here. 

21 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah and the thread is getting less and less useful because good, informative posts (from Toilet Duck for example) are diluted by 4 or 5 people posting every new article they can find in here even if it isn't related to Covid. There is a General News Discussion thread elsewhere btw.

The thread title is when will this shit end? 

Shit I would like to end at the moment:

Covid-19

Brexit

Tory rule

Trump

It all seems on topic to me! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The people you are aiming this at post much more relevant information than I’ve ever seen you post in here. Whether it’s info from Twitter, News or daily stats; it’s more than I’ve seen from you. So yes some of it might not technically be in topic but that’s because a conversation and relationships have evolved here over the 6 months.

There will be a lot of lurkers here that agree with me. Also I clearly wasn't talking about daily stats etc I clearly took issue with the completely irrelevant posts of which there are plenty. Not sure how it could go anymore off topic than chlorinated chicken but ok 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you love it

I've had you ignored for about a month on here so I can assure u I don't.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Once this thread hits the inevitable 1000 page mark then maybe a split is in order. Have a dedicated Covid thread with a strong emphasis on how it potentially may affect Glastonbury. Plus a generic politics/grumbling thread about the shit. 

People are always going to come to this section of the forum as it’s the most popular one. I don’t think a lot of people even realise there is a general news thread elsewhere on the site. 

Covid news is going to dominate conversations right now. So keeping it on track would be great. More active moderation could help with moving posts and reminding people to keep on topic but that will be a colossal amount of work considering the high activity in here. 

I say keep it as it is, this thread is keeping more people happy than it is otherwise. The vast majority of stuff is Covid related anyway. 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

There will be a lot of lurkers here that agree with me. Also I clearly wasn't talking about daily stats etc I clearly took issue with the completely irrelevant posts of which there are plenty. Not sure how it could go anymore off topic than chlorinated chicken but ok 

I've had you ignored for about a month on here so I can assure u I don't.

Can you get back on topic please?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ozanne, could you try to have fewer beefs with people please?

• Upvote 1

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

It's about 5 people making up the majority of the posts so not sure how it's keeping more people happy.

Personally right now I’m hardly checking any other media sites as I know people are going to be posting relevant information here as soon as it’s available. It’s become a condensed news feed where the majority of us are thinking the same here. 

There’s always a large group of people viewing and if they weren’t happy with the information on this thread then they wouldn’t be here. 

A dedicated stats and @Toilet Duck thread would be nice without any other conversation breaking it up. 

• Upvote 1

I love this thread for what it is. 

For me 90 percent of the info is relevant to the larger "When will this shit end" topic. Posting stuff about brexit and chlorinated chicken is interesting and helps bring context to the poor leadership of the USA and UK on coronavirus. - The government tried to use brexit to distract us from their coronavirus response and all the relevant info was posted here. 

I think maybe people are right about just posting turns of links to random articles without commenting on it yourself, or linking to any larger topic. 

Anyway to keep this relevant, PMQs soon? - How will Keir Starmer approach this without just been called out for "not supporting" the measures, Even though it is very clear he does.

• Like 1