When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not aiming this at you mate but how did people not see this coming!? It was obvious when the weather turned and people started doing more cases would rise, now they have and we still don’t act quickly enough. There’s a huge chasm of leadership for this country at the moment which won’t be filled by the PM giving a prerecorded 10 minute address before Bake Off. 

yeah...true...but in a way it is still not too bad at moment, but could get a lot worse...so we have the opportunity now to prevent a similar situation to what we had in the spring.

11 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Tell me about it!! A lot of our staff went home in march and we were told we still have to come in. We're classed as key workers but its just an office, no customers come in here and theres no reason we cant do the job from home. Seems ridiculous to me!! 

Oh fingers crossed your volunteering for that will help with the stability of your job! It shows willing and if you're keen thats got to go in your favour!! X

that is ridiculous. Don't suppose you're a member of a union?

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

that is ridiculous. Don't suppose you're a member of a union?

I am, but they arent really doing anything about it. Tbh all they seem to be bothered about is 'making sure the people at home still feel included'

Which is bollocks to me, cos they arent anything to me other than people i work with - they arent my friends they are just colleagues - and they all skipped out of here in march cos of their poor lifestyle choices (bmi mostly.. 90% of them had a bmi over 39) and we're just here getting shafted cos there's nothing wrong with us and we arent that fat while they toss it off at home.

They've been told to take extra breaks and 'just do what you can' at home, so their productivity has reduced massively.. thats after the 6 week jolly they had waiting for laptops to be sent home.

Its no wonder am bitter 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I'd love to be working from home too.

We've had to come into the office all the way through even tho i could do my job at home just the same as i do here.

At this point, any boss making their staff go to the office when they can work from home is a dick

• Like 1

Just now, Wellyboot said:

I am, but they arent really doing anything about it. Tbh all they seem to be bothered about is 'making sure the people at home still feel included'

Which is bollocks to me, cos they arent anything to me other than people i work with - they arent my friends they are just colleagues - and they all skipped out of here in march cos of their poor lifestyle choices (bmi mostly.. 90% of them had a bmi over 39) and we're just here getting shafted cos there's nothing wrong with us and we arent that fat while they toss it off at home.

They've been told to take extra breaks and 'just do what you can' at home, so their productivity has reduced massively.. thats after the 6 week jolly they had waiting for laptops to be sent home.

Its no wonder am bitter 😂

you just need to eat more.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

At this point, any boss making their staff go to the office when they can work from home is a dick

🤣 couldnt agree with you more!!

Just now, steviewevie said:

you just need to eat more.

I thought i did quite well, but i obviously need to step it up!!

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This went under the radar yesterday.

Just been discussing it elsewhere. 

Why would the tory government want to lower food standards? Not only would it mean cheaper food but a lot more people getting ill. Normally a lot of ill people would be a disaster for the economy but if you also have a plan to monetise the healthcare system then its a double win for those at the top of the tree. 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Why would the tory government want to lower food standards? Not only would it mean cheaper food but a lot more people getting ill. Normally a lot of ill people would be a disaster for the economy but if you also have a plan to monetise the healthcare system then its a double win for those at the top of the tree. 

Exactly, it’s all part of their bigger plan to sell off our public services which in-turn lines the pockets of themselves and their rich friends. 

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I thought it wasn't the food standards that were the problem, but the standards of animal welfare?

Anyway, govt just want a US deal to show brexit was a success...even though in terms of GDP a US deal won't even get close to what we currently have with the EU. Trump knows we're desperate, so will get a very good deal for the US, and a shit one for the UK. If Biden wins, then who knows....

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Exactly, it’s all part of their bigger plan to sell off our public services which in-turn lines the pockets of themselves and their rich friends. 

Losing the NHS is my biggest fear. I know what it costs people in the US to live with the same condition as myself. The medication costs alone are well in excess of $500 every month and that’s before you start thinking about the costs of Dr appointments, scans and tests and the actual operations I’ll need could mean I would be looking at a total bill of above a million dollars. 

You think I’d get insurance with my existing condition? Not a chance unless I’m willing to pay extortionate premiums. 

My medication isn’t expensive. It costs the NHS €4.50 a month. I get it for free. The US patients pay $100s for it. It all comes from the same supplier in Europe. 

That’s the endgame here, most people voting the Tories in every time aren’t even aware it’s happening. 

14 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not really gone under the radar, more it has absolutely no relevance to the thread.

Under the radar in the general media. I’ll continue to post interesting news/politics related items in this thread. They seem to interest a few here. You’ve posted that a couple of times now I’ve noticed, this thread has been going on for months and has plenty of different topics discussed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

Tell me about it!! A lot of our staff went home in march and we were told we still have to come in. We're classed as key workers but its just an office, no customers come in here and theres no reason we cant do the job from home. Seems ridiculous to me!! 

Oh fingers crossed your volunteering for that will help with the stability of your job! It shows willing and if you're keen thats got to go in your favour!! X

odd. I WFH and am classed as  a key worker and have been told would be the last to go back to the office due to this.

Although thinking about it now it could be that no one likes me and they will keep me at home for years

Edited by fred quimby

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Under the radar in the general media. I’ll continue to post interesting news/politics related items in this thread. They seem to interest a few here. You’ve posted that a couple of times now I’ve noticed, this thread has been going on for months and has plenty of different topics discussed.

Yeah and the thread is getting less and less useful because good, informative posts (from Toilet Duck for example) are diluted by 4 or 5 people posting every new article they can find in here even if it isn't related to Covid. There is a General News Discussion thread elsewhere btw.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

odd. I WFH and am classed as  a key worker and have been told would be the last to go back to the office due to this.

Although thinking about it now it could be that no one likes me and they will keep me at home for years

Oh really? It's crazy, it just seems like everywhere else seems to have really got it together and people are working from home just fine.. but here its just a massive shit show! 

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Says the lady posting on an internet forum all day ;)

I'm not sure ive ever been called a lady before :) i do always exceed my targets tho 

Edited by Wellyboot
cant spell!!