When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep correct .... will edit .... but my point stands on the most effective control measure announced 

I did read that 60% of the population worked from home in the lockdown though. So that's a full 1-in-5 workers that have returned to the workplace since lockdown ended (the remaining 80% are split equally between those who never stopped working in person, and those who haven't gone back yet)

I think it will have a big impact, more so than the curfew.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

With all the incessant talk of pubs closing, facemasks, distancing etc we have got to remember to support those who will find this whole thing so difficult to cope with. I am almost positive that all of us will know someone, a friend, relative or colleague who will struggle over the next few months. After thinking we’ve come through the worst we find ourself faced with what seems like going backwards. For some folk that is going to be hard and cause problems.  So if you know someone like that, give them a call, talk to them, arrange to meet them in a pub or a park. Don’t let them suffer in silence.  I spoke to a former work colleague today, I hope I did some good. 

absolutely .... and thats obvious by the nature of lots of the posts on here at the moment ... its challenging for all of us .... 

6 hours ago, mcshed said:

Do you really believe this?

What benefit is it to the Government to have these restrictions, they are tanking the economy and why? Martial law? Boris is many things but he isn't a power crazed authoritarian.

Yes, I won't bore you with a conspiracy theory but another 6 months of this will kill many businesses esp. leisure & travel, the response to this is much the same  globally so the global economy will have to be rebuilt and the debt based system we now have will have to change, I'm predicting a far less prosperous future than many would have been expecting, the strive for "global equality" many want mean a far poorer standard of living for us in the west (unless you believe everyone can be rich). I can't see how we get back to the life we had previously after this.

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Well, he speaks very well but it’s all a load of waffle. And promising mass rapid testing again? Well that never comes to surface..

It’s Boris. He has to finish with a positive. 
To be fair, there needs to be some hope for people to cling to. Is the trust still there?