When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Is this 10pm curfew really gonna stop covid?

The only good thing I would say is that establishments are now restricted to table service only, which restricts people moving around between tables, which is a lot better. Prevents crowding round bars in pubs too. Should have been this way since July i don’t know why this is only a thing now.

It has been like that at every pub I've been to you're not allowed to go to the bar. Although I only ever went to them for a meal.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

It has been like that at every pub I've been to you're not allowed to go to the bar. Although I only ever went to them for a meal.

When I went to Great Yarmouth it was walk up to the bar and order and no table service at all. Also there’s a local restaurant which is really safe near me (staff in masks, cleaning, sanitiser, screens, tables spaced) where you can order on a QR code or go up to the counter.

I was also in a hotel bar today which was order at the bar so it feels like it will make a lot of difference in my head.

5 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Is this 10pm curfew really gonna stop covid?

The only good thing I would say is that establishments are now restricted to table service only, which restricts people moving around between tables, which is a lot better. Prevents crowding round bars in pubs too. Should have been this way since July i don’t know why this is only a thing now.

A lot of places are open until later like midnight on weekends. And I think its probably better overall as on weekdays, people are working until 5.00 so less drinking time

Just now, zahidf said:

A lot of places are open until later like midnight on weekends. And I think its probably better overall as on weekdays, people are working until 5.00 so less drinking time

Maybe it’s just me, I don’t really go out that much. I didn’t realise people work and then go straight to drink...

Lol I literally live in a different world from some people. I work go home and eat some food and have a rest 😂

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Maybe it’s just me, I don’t really go out that much. I didn’t realise people work and then go straight to drink...

Lol I literally live in a different world from some people. I work go home and eat some food and have a rest 😂

I think its probably a good way to show how serious things are and will stop some people being out 

Saw some comments earlier about masks and thought i'd share an update / observation on the change in Wellington NZ.

Overnight we went from level 2 to level 1 and so masks are no longer a requirement on public transport and this morning the number being worn has dropped to maybe 10-20% of passengers when at 100% just yesterday.  I thought people might have become used to wearing them and it would take longer to drop away. It's difficult in this area as there is no suggestion of any cases around, but it does feel nice to have a mask on when in a confined space just for peace of mind.

6 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Saw some comments earlier about masks and thought i'd share an update / observation on the change in Wellington NZ.

Overnight we went from level 2 to level 1 and so masks are no longer a requirement on public transport and this morning the number being worn has dropped to maybe 10-20% of passengers when at 100% just yesterday.  I thought people might have become used to wearing them and it would take longer to drop away. It's difficult in this area as there is no suggestion of any cases around, but it does feel nice to have a mask on when in a confined space just for peace of mind.

you lucky bastard.

9 hours ago, philipsteak said:

You've been to a few comedy gigs, right? What sort of stuff are they doing? Carrying on with stuff from their last tours, or is it all Covid and lock down stuff? Even if anyone was coming up here (and there was anywhere for them to perform) I don't think I could be arsed with constant covid stuff. It'd be worse than when everyone started doing dead dad shows

Bit of a mixed bag really I guess. Sunday was a good example. Compere tried to riff with the crowd and wasn't funny. Nathon Caton was all fairly hack (I guess) observational stuff about being in lockdown with your partner (I did find it funny though). And Milton Jones (if you're not aware) just does a stream of quick puns, so the same act as pre-Covid.

One annoying change is it all feels a bit rushed now as they often don't have intervals. I quite like at comedy, particularly on a Sunday night, settling in with a bottle of wine for the night and building the evening up. Whereas generally now they all just come on back to back and you're done in an hour.

@zahidfmay have more to offer than me on all this.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Bit of a mixed bag really I guess. Sunday was a good example. Compere tried to riff with the crowd and wasn't funny. Nathon Caton was all fairly hack (I guess) observational stuff about being in lockdown with your partner (I did find it funny though). And Milton Jones (if you're not aware) just does a stream of quick puns, so the same act as pre-Covid.

One annoying change is it all feels a bit rushed now as they often don't have intervals. I quite like at comedy, particularly on a Sunday night, settling in with a bottle of wine for the night and building the evening up. Whereas generally now they all just come on back to back and you're done in an hour.

@zahidfmay have more to offer than me on all this.

I found it the same tbh. Kevin bridges and Phil wang did post lockdown stuff. Aisling bea pre lockdown stuff. It is a bit more rushed but I generally don't like stuff lasting too long!

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone watching Panorama ?

Just read something about this. Was it about money laundering? May have to watch. Were Deutsche Bank involved by any change? I understand they are the money launderer's vehicle of choice and have seen them described as 'a Nazi bank'!

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I found it the same tbh. Kevin bridges and Phil wang did post lockdown stuff. Aisling bea pre lockdown stuff. It is a bit more rushed but I generally don't like stuff lasting too long!

You've managed to catch some good comedians there! Where were they? Not sure how I missed all those!

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Another wonderful u turn, they didn’t even have to press this issue it was obvious cases would rise again. They are so dumb.

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Apparently Starmer is doing his conference speech this morning...as if anyone will actually be watching...

I will 🙋‍♂️