When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Exemptions you should have to have a valid medical certificate from your GP. Or no mask no entry. 

None of this “I’m exempt” crap where anyone can claim they’re exempt.

But I completely agree. We need strict mask enforcement in Indoor spaces; pubs restaurants bars shops hotels etc etc. Before we even think about on the street. Also actually tightening up enforcement in indoor spaces would have far more positive benefits on transmission than a weakly enforced masks on the street policy.

Gotta be a little careful there are some things that might not have been stated to gp ... mostly I agree 

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Nah, Trump is #1 I'm afraid! You wouldn't believe the amount of property he sells to Russian criminals, and they always appear to be willing to pay way over the odds too!

I’ll let u tell Boris ... he must try harder ... did anyone see the tweet about the Italy trip ... ? Not sure if I believe it or not ... nothing would surprise me though .. 

Just out of interest has anyone tried to see their GP recently?

At my local surgery with a fairly serious existing condition it takes me around 3 weeks to get a phone call appointment. 

If GP’s had to issue mask exemption certificates it would take a while and would also likely cost you £30 for the privilege. 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Outside I’m not so sure ... let’s get inside sorted and working first ... really need to go hard on enforcement and get it people seeing it on the socials ... and that might mean that shops take a different approach ... We also need a clear exemption approach as well .... far too many exemptions ... and if it’s a genuine reason let’s make things easier for those people too 

Yeah makes a lot of sense and I agree with all that.

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's not an either/or.

Masks should be worn on the street and in restaurants/pubs.

The more mask wearing, the better. It's a minor convenience and reduces infection numbers. 

I'm sure I read that masks start to lose their effectiveness when they get wet - they'd need to give some proper advice on what to do in the rain

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just out of interest has anyone tried to see their GP recently?

At my local surgery with a fairly serious existing condition it takes me around 3 weeks to get a phone call appointment. 

If GP’s had to issue mask exemption certificates it would take a while and would also likely cost you £30 for the privilege. 

For me the queue was shorter on the phone and I got an a phone appointment an hour later and a same day appointment... that was during the pandemic though so appointments had dropped right down ... of course excemption certificates would take time ... and there’s an admin process but shielding letters were free so no reason why they need to cost anything ... but yes I know they do ... my one for diabetes needles and customs should have cost me ... luckily a contact got it free for me 

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm sure I read that masks start to lose their effectiveness when they get wet - they'd need to give some proper advice on what to do in the rain

I don't think it's too complicated really. Don't let it get wet (think Rihanna) or if it does, replace it!

You can get masks for 20p...

In Leith today about 50% mask wearing on the street- it's pretty busy at the Foot of the Walk (Trainspotting heartland). 

Everyone gives space to each other passing by.  Inside shops everyone is wearing a mask.

We went for a meal tonight and everyone in the restaurant put on their mask when they left the table.

I've been wearing a mask since April outside my garden gate.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I am sick of that witch’s face. This lot need to go. 

Just the NHS that will be going in this situation. If it's a European model where it's relatively cheap and good quality then it would probably be an improvement 

But how likely is that considering we're trying to distance ourselves from all things European and move towards america?

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just the NHS that will be going in this situation. If it's a European model where it's relatively cheap and good quality then it would probably be an improvement 

But how likely is that considering we're trying to distance ourselves from all things European and move towards america?

I’ve got no complaints about the nhs ... apart from waiting slightly longer now for my routine appointments ... the care is excellent for me ...  I’d not be able to afford any fees for my care and drugs so I’ll stick 

So I'm encountering the scamdemic crowd on my FB feed, this is the lovely reply to a person who thinks Covid is totally made up (not overblown or measures too strict, totally made up) looked on his FB profile looks like he's one of those Q anon nutters

Granted I did tell him to take his hoax nonsense elsewhere but thought the reply was very rude tbh

image.png.79e2d70f706cfa5fe76e33db6f0f5887.png

Edited by shoptildrop

19 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

In Leith today about 50% mask wearing on the street- it's pretty busy at the Foot of the Walk (Trainspotting heartland). 

Everyone gives space to each other passing by.  Inside shops everyone is wearing a mask.

We went for a meal tonight and everyone in the restaurant put on their mask when they left the table.

I've been wearing a mask since April outside my garden gate.

I live in Musselburgh and work in Edinburgh - mask compliance is extremely high here compared to stories I hear from other parts of the country. 

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

So I'm encountering the scamdemic crowd on my FB feed, this is the lovely reply to a person who thinks Covid is totally made up (not overblown or measures too strict, totally made up) looked on his FB profile looks like he's one of those Q anon nutters

Granted I did tell him to take his hoax nonsense elsewhere but thought the reply was very rude tbh

image.png.421da3a7d97b37a8f1fea276c83a757a.png

it's best not to engage with them, just ignore the idiots.

Just now, steviewevie said:

it's best not to engage with them, just ignore the idiots.

Yeah I've left it alone and blocked him as I can't deal with folk who think its fake.. I get maybe rules are too much etc etc.. but outright it doesn't exist is too much for me to take tbh :(

I'm finding the whole denial thing thing very hard and it worries me that we have to trust other like this to do their part when you know they won't 

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Yeah I've left it alone and blocked him as I can't deal with folk who think its fake.. I get maybe rules are too much etc etc.. but outright it doesn't exist is too much for me to take tbh :(

I'm finding the whole denial thing thing very hard and it worries me that we have to trust other like this to do their part when you know they won't 

yeah, there's a lot of stupid fuckers out there. They're very loud, but they are still a small minority (I hope).

13 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

image.png.79e2d70f706cfa5fe76e33db6f0f5887.png

I’m raging ... can I reply ? :) 

• Upvote 1