When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I fully understand .... they are something else .... I asked a customer to put a mask back on as she was shouting in my direction .... she looked at me in amazement  ... they get stranger by the day 24 years in retail I thought id seen it all .... but no I haven't !! all this respect for shop workers that was supposed to happen its clearly gone out the window ... 

It got worse. The guy who just stood in the middle of the group of strangers. About an hour after checking in he came to give me the keys back but wouldn't tell me why they were leaving. An hour after that we got a phone call from his very angry son in law, who'd booked the room for him. He'd called the SIL to tell him they'd had to leave because the room and bathroom were covered in vomit and shit and they felt threatened and in fear for their lives. The room is fine obviously, but they were very annoying so I can imagine someone wanting to kill them

Fucking Sundays. I don't know what it is but it's always fucking Sundays

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

The PM will give an address to the Nation on Tuesday apparently.

Oh really? Does seem like something is happening then. 

I'm torn. I'd rather lock down earlier and shorter if it will have more of an impact and stop us being in another really long one that really hurts the economy. I don't care about Christmas, but I know a lot of people really do. Also I don't underestimate how much the nice weather really helped in late March, April, May and June... winter could feel really long without even being able to see loved ones.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh really? Does seem like something is happening then. 

I'm torn. I'd rather lock down earlier and shorter if it will have more of an impact and stop us being in another really long one that really hurts the economy. I don't care about Christmas, but I know a lot of people really do. Also I don't underestimate how much the nice weather really helped in late March, April, May and June... winter could feel really long without even being able to see loved ones.

Yeah it looks like it could be Tuesday. Boris doesn’t work Mondays 😉

I know what you mean about the winter months, it could be tough on many. I hope they keep the support bubble as at least I can go and see some family in that case. 

It's more likely coincidence, or confirmation bias or something, but during the previous rise of the pandemic I definitely started hearing sirens on the roads around my house with much greater frequency than normal. At it's worst it felt like every hour there'd be an emergency vehicle speeding by in the vicinity.

The last few days, I've noticed a distinct increase in the siren noise again. Not close to the same levels as before, but definitely... more.

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

One more chance to follow the rules according to the Torygraph

20200920_220330.jpg

How is the public’s fault, we’ve essentially done what they asked, eating out, going to pubs and kids back to school. What have they done to get ready for the 2 wave? Doesn’t seem like much. 

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

One more chance to follow the rules according to the Torygraph

20200920_220330.jpg

So they’re basically going to hope something magic happens for a week, waste more time, then blame the public when they act too late and end up managing to once again have the worst of both worlds- big economic impact and big casualties.

At least there is action bring taken to stop it as opposed to france and spain where they just seem to be letting it loose, the government know by now how much scrutiny they've been and will be under during the winter and will avoid any colossal second spikes, I may not be a fan if theirs but I at least appreciate them making an effort to plan some measures that aren't as draconian as before