When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So if there is a London lockdown, do we think there will be restrictions on leaving the city? Has that been the case for the northern ones?

We were planning a family visit next Saturday and wondering if that is now likely to be scuppered.

some areas are now under 5km movement restrictions now 

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So if there is a London lockdown, do we think there will be restrictions on leaving the city? Has that been the case for the northern ones?

We were planning a family visit next Saturday and wondering if that is now likely to be scuppered.

don't think we had those restrictions in Manchester...just weren't supposed to go someone elses house...or something.

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

the world is going mad.

These were the kind of people that fell for Orson Wells war of the worlds prank on radio. Maybe it takes a decade for people to realise that not everything they see/hear on a new medium is true, like they build up a cynical immunity to it, first radio, then TV now we need to wait for the penny to drop regarding Facebook 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

don't think we had those restrictions in Manchester...just weren't supposed to go someone elses house...or something.

im pretty sure @Wellyboot has them in Accrington and Liverpool too ? maybe they will bring them in nationally to make them more consistent across the country 

46 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Depends on the university really. We can and do kick students out for serious disciplinary breaches...but we train doctors and pharmacists, so in addition to handing them a degree that allows them to go on to register to practice, we also have a statutory obligation to declare that they are fit to go into either profession. If, based on their behaviour we feel we can’t do that without leaving ourselves legally liable, we wouldn’t hesitate to terminate their registration. It happens from time to time, and an audit of disciplinary action forms part of the process of recertification for our programmes every few years. Most universities aren’t legally liable for what their graduates do afterwards, so Med schools are a special case. All graduates (even those at the bottom of the class) have to be deemed competent to practice or it would put patients at risk, so it’s taken very seriously. Sure fees are important, it’s what pays for everything else, but our reputation is far more important.

That sounds like an institution to be proud of. I think I got so jaded on this issue from my time spent in a medical school. There were just some students who were absolutely inappropriate for the profession, as demonstrated and evidenced in their conduct, but any disciplinary action was taken to appeal upon appeal upon appeal, and these kids often came from wealth so they could hire solicitors to deal with them/us. I had to leave that job, it was too infuriating and stressful.

I felt for the 1st years who failed their resits and left the course, not knowing that if they had just appealed/paid for a dyslexia diagnosis after the fact, then they'd still be well on their way.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/20/dido-harding-appointment-corrupting-our-constitution-lord-falconer?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Interesting article .... not sure anything will be changed on her appointment though

Edited by shoptildrop

26 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

That sounds like an institution to be proud of. I think I got so jaded on this issue from my time spent in a medical school. There were just some students who were absolutely inappropriate for the profession, as demonstrated and evidenced in their conduct, but any disciplinary action was taken to appeal upon appeal upon appeal, and these kids often came from wealth so they could hire solicitors to deal with them/us. I had to leave that job, it was too infuriating and stressful.

I felt for the 1st years who failed their resits and left the course, not knowing that if they had just appealed/paid for a dyslexia diagnosis after the fact, then they'd still be well on their way.

I have to admit that I am really proud of where I work, it’s a wonderful place. I’ve sat on many appeals boards and the rich kids that turn up with a lawyer tend not to get very far!

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im pretty sure @Wellyboot has them in Accrington and Liverpool too ? maybe they will bring them in nationally to make them more consistent across the country 

Yep, we're not allowed to mix with anyone from another household indoors or outdoors. But we can sit in an office with people in the middle of a pandemic... we're meant to be trusting these people to wash their hands yet half of them dont even have a bath coming in smelling of sweat 🤢 mucky!!!!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

Yep, we're not allowed to mix with anyone from another household indoors or outdoors. But we can sit in an office with people in the middle of a pandemic... we're meant to be trusting these people to wash their hands yet half of them dont even have a bath coming in smelling of sweat 🤢 mucky!!!!!!!!!! 

everyone needs to shower before work 😂

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

We don't have any 5km limit on traveling at all in the North West as you can go to work or visit a bar anywhere you like, it's just don't mix with other household anywhere

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I have one guy on my FB feed that is 100% like this and he's from Bolton too - he is constantly shouting scandemic at every moment

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I have one guy on my FB feed that is 100% like this and he's from Bolton too - he is constantly shouting scandemic at every moment

Perhaps restrictions on social media might work better than other restrictions ... although I’m not sure that would go down so well ... it really doesn’t seem to have many positive benefits ... efests aside :)