When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, DSanzhez said:

For reference I said on the Chinese military not the people! I did put you on ignore but still see your posts when people quote 

I don't post her much at the moment but I do read a far bit. You, sir, are behaving like a bully. Please play the ball and not the man. Put forward and debate, lay off the ad-hominem shit. 

37 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Caprice the model?

The very same. Although to be fair, she was seeming to argue than a very firm total lockdown for two weeks would stop it in its tracks and sort out the virus fully, rather than being a quick reset to get community transmission right down to buy us some time.  But essentially the same idea.

13 minutes ago, not worthy said:

You are far from the only one and do well to remain micro. This is by far the worst government of my lifetime. There is not a single member of the cabinet I can understand anyone having an ounce of respect for. They are a disgrace and an embarrassment.

Exactly. This government is a fucking disaster, there aren't enough down votes in a day for someone to dish them out every time it's pointed out how shit bojo and co are!

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The very same. Although to be fair, she was seeming to argue than a very firm total lockdown for two weeks would stop it in its tracks and sort out the virus fully, rather than being a quick reset to get community transmission right down to buy us some time.  But essentially the same idea.

Weirdly that now sounds vaguely familiar, but also so long ago...

@sdsm It is getting tiring pal, this is a very useful thread with contributions from very well informed people that has helped me along with a number of others I'm sure get through these very strange times we find ourselves living in. Yet it keeps getting hijacked and diluted by your posts and ungrounded grievances with other members. I know its been said before but why not just ignore this thread and enjoy/contribute elsewhere on this lovely forum. Or at least explain why you disagree with a view point rather than down vote with no explanation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think they should do that on a locality basis to be honest. Why should SW and other places do that when they still don't have many cases?

Because people will go "oh we can't go to the pub here but can in the South-West? Let's have a weekend in the South-West then!"

49 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is quite a good way for Labour to go about it, get the message out there loudly now that they want to work with the government to 'save Christmas'.

I really think this is what the next strategy will be, use the carrot and stick method by saying ‘follow the rules you get Christmas, if you don’t then we bring in Yuletide restrictions’ - I do like how open and constructive Starmer  

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Exactly. This government is a fucking disaster, there aren't enough down votes in a day for someone to dish them out every time it's pointed out how shit bojo and co are!

Every time I see people still coming out in support of this government, I just think ‘You must have absolutely zero self-respect.’ It is gross. 

54 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is quite a good way for Labour to go about it, get the message out there loudly now that they want to work with the government to 'save Christmas'.

It's a good way of getting transmission down a bit with some extra compliance, but I can't see any scenario at all where restrictions could be lifted in December without some severe lockdown time before then. If it's like this in December it won't exactly get better.

And yes I know that's negative, but I think it's pretty realistic

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's a good way of getting transmission down a bit with some extra compliance, but I can't see any scenario at all where restrictions could be lifted in December without some severe lockdown time before then. If it's like this in December it won't exactly get better.

And yes I know that's negative, but I think it's pretty realistic

I don't think that's negative, I was saying the same earlier today to my Mum. 

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I guess for a lot of people it hasn't affected them...they don't have anyone close who has had it, let alone died of it. And...with social media, and pub chat...there's all this it's all bollocks thing going on...and even worse that it's a conspiracy etc etc. And people are just sick of it, they want their old lives back...but it now looks like that isn't going to happen any time soon, infact quite possibly going to get worse. It's going to be a long and grim winter.

Yep this is the issue.. my mum, dad and brother all caught it end March and unfortunately my mum is only just getting her sense of taste/smell back and still suffering fatigue

Neighbour who owns shop at end of road has sore throat one day the next full on organ failure and died... underlying issue diabetes but that's not what killed him. He was only in his late 50s too :(