When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

theres the online version :) from 7 ..... but yes it will be amazing to meet all the people on this thread .... it will certainly feel like a massive deal that we've all been through 

Ah I hadn't noticed that before! Making our own pizzas tonight but will definitely join one soon!!

I really can’t believe the hysteria and shock at the increased rates and subsequent restrictions. I mean it was always going to happen - they should have stated very clearly that when towns/cities get above 100 cases per 100,000 then that automatically triggers the restrictions we have seen applied this week. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

I really can’t believe the hysteria and shock at the increased rates and subsequent restrictions. I mean it was always going to happen - they should have stated very clearly that when towns/cities get above 100 cases per 100,000 then that automatically triggers the restrictions we have seen applied this week. 

I know, it was obvious this was going to happen. I was pointing this out weeks ago when cases started to rise, as it was before winter it was concerning. I feel we opened up too quickly, we opened up when Europe started too but forgot we were actually 2 weeks behind them. 

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah it seems a fair compromise, with a year to plan events such as festivals or sports such as the Euros I think a lot of these particular events will have contingency plans in place to allow them to go ahead, I know the IOC are determined to have the Olympics no matter what so I won't be surprised if they do it in this way and then decide at an appropriate time what the best route to take will be.

All events will have to make these compromises during the next year to allow them the best chance to go ahead which you can hardly blame them for

Can we run the Olympics on Wii Sports?

1 hour ago, onthebeach said:

A glimmer of a bit of hope in a sh*tty day - I seem to remember reading before that a % of people probably have some immunity from previous Coronavirus infections 

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3563.full

I've often wondered whether Asian countries have coped better with covid 19 as they've had more exposure to coranviruses (in recent history anyway) so may have developed some sort of level of immunity. Probably a load of bollox though and its more likely down to the fact that they have better systems in place because they've been had to have systems in place.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

A massive 2nd wave plus a no deal brexit plus a trump 2nd term. You know it's happening...

No offence at all, but that's just silly. So Biden is ahead in the polls now comfortably BUT if those polls saying something different then there will be a different outcome. IF the polls are which they generally are then Biden will win. If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle.

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

measures everywhere ?  im going to go with work face coverings to be mandated ... and maybe used in more areas to 

Face coverings in indoor pubs and restaurants when not seated perhaps.

I hope they don’t ban us from seeing any family/friends at all- it would be super sad. Even if they just limit it to two households at once. A complete ban would be really upsetting and bad for mental health.