When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

+4322 cases, over 1000 patients now in hospital, 127 on ventilators and +27 deaths.

Was just coming on to post this.... not great and fingers crossed death figures keep low given medical professionals know a lot more on how to deal with it now

37 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I hope this is what happens, and that it's as close to a full on capitulation by Boris and co as possible, giving as little long term disruption as is possible in the circumstances (though the short term disruption with or without a deal is still pretty significant)

just know how most of the right wing papers will portray it though...a Boris victory over EU...him on fron pages doing his churchill victory sign and all that...

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

My cousin was saying they're properly enforcing the household rule in pubs in Fallowfield. Sounds like the poor staff are having a hard time of it but they're trying! 

That's good then, that's a big student area too so they are defo going to have their work cut out shortly :(

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

That's good then, that's a big student area too so they are defo going to have their work cut out shortly :(

That's now - she's a student and just went back 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, I'm sure there will be a few house parties going on in Fallowfield the next few weeks...

She also said police are hanging around to check how many live in houses and knocking on doors when they see too many going in. Making an early example to scare people I imagine

And its probably making Fallowfield the safest it's been in freshers week for many years...

14 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Was just coming on to post this.... not great and fingers crossed death figures keep low given medical professionals know a lot more on how to deal with it now

We're in a far better position now in most regards with the virus now than first in April and I think its important to remember that at the peak we were experiencing a suspected 100,000 infections a day and now its stands at about 6000 meaning we're detecting a lot more of the community transmission 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

We're in a far better position now in most regards with the virus now than first in April and I think its important to remember that at the peak we were experiencing a suspected 100,000 infections a day and now its stands at about 6000 meaning we're detecting a lot more of the community transmission 

Yeah...but how about compared to early March?

Just now, steviewevie said:

Yeah...but how about compared to early March?

I think we have similar infections per day to late Feb/early March but thankfully it’s not growing as quickly because R is above 1 but well below 2, whereas back then March was at least 2.5. Worth remembering that we weren’t social distancing at all back then. 

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I think we have similar infections per day to late Feb/early March but thankfully it’s not growing as quickly because R is above 1 but well below 2, whereas back then March was at least 2.5. Worth remembering that we weren’t social distancing at all 

Exactly, people seem to forget up until the start of March life was completely normal with nothing in place whereas now we're heading into the period with existing (and some tightening) restrictions, we also had a health service with no idea of what to expect whereas now we have a far greater idea of what could happen 

8 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

A glimmer of a bit of hope in a sh*tty day - I seem to remember reading before that a % of people probably have some immunity from previous Coronavirus infections 

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3563.full

Keep those glimmers of hope coming ... we all need them to see us through the winter together .... my inbox is open for anyone who needs a chat at any point over next few months ... can’t say I won’t be in need myself at some point .... we are going to get though this and hopefully be looking back on all this with a cider in hand in june 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Keep those glimmers of hope coming ... we all need them to see us through the winter together .... my inbox is open for anyone who needs a chat at any point over next few months ... can’t say I won’t be in need myself at some point .... we are going to get though this and hopefully be looking back on all this with a cider in hand in june 

I’m essentially a glass half full person and I’m hoping my heroine of the moment, Professor Sarah Gilbert comes through for us! It’s great to come on here to chat and share experiences as the most optimistic of us can have down days. We definitely need to have a ‘when will this shit end’ meet up next year - don’t worry I’m convinced you’ll get a ticket

Just now, onthebeach said:

I’m essentially a glass half full person and I’m hoping my heroine of the moment, Professor Sarah Gilbert comes through for us! It’s great to come on here to chat and share experiences as the most optimistic of us can have down days. We definitely need to have a ‘when will this shit end’ meet up next year - don’t worry I’m convinced you’ll get a ticket

WE have one planned already June ... and we have some amazing hosts in Michael and Emily .... im hopeful depending on resale availability and also no ticket buying errors ... :) 

18 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Exactly, people seem to forget up until the start of March life was completely normal with nothing in place whereas now we're heading into the period with existing (and some tightening) restrictions, we also had a health service with no idea of what to expect whereas now we have a far greater idea of what could happen 

But...being a negative nelly...back in the spring they could do a full lockdown...whereas this time that is a last resort as would be too devastating for economy...and not sure we'd get some compliance anyway...

15 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

I wouldn't have done an efests Glasto meet in the past but totally would do next time (whether i get in on the 2021 resale or I have to wait for a ticket for 2022) because of this thread 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I wouldn't have done an efests Glasto meet in the past but totally would do next time (whether i get in on the 2021 resale or I have to wait for a ticket for the next one) because of this thread 

theres the online version :) from 7 ..... but yes it will be amazing to meet all the people on this thread .... it will certainly feel like a massive deal that we've all been through