When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

We've had easyjets booked to Gran Canaria for ages watching the price come down and down and down. We could have got them now for £39 return if we booked today. We decided ages ago that we wouldnt go if quarantine was still on so we're now assuming we're not going.

I reckon Easyjet are being a bit snide (funnily enough). They've said we can change our flights for free. But most of the flights are now waaaaaaaaay cheaper than the £130 return we paid back in Jan or whenever it was. Much better to cancel then rebook. I bet loads of people are falling for it though.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Turkey looking like the best shout for a sunny getaway right now.

Ta, is that looking safer then? You're the second person to tell me that. Was considering Cyprus - but apparently you need a test (costing about £150) in order to go.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Plus the Cummings saga which really started the decline in trust during the pandemic. 

That’s the day it all changed for me and many others. From that day onwards, I take protections that I feel necessary in order to keep myself and others safe, but I do not avoid doing things purely because the government told me not to, if that makes sense 

23 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ta, is that looking safer then? You're the second person to tell me that. Was considering Cyprus - but apparently you need a test (costing about £150) in order to go.

My daughter has just returned from Turkey and she said it's safer than here. Everyone wearing masks in public places, hotel lobby, taxis, walking to they're sun bed , going to the buffet etc etc. Her Cape Verde holiday on Oct 5th was cancelled last week so she's going back to Turkey again haha.

• Upvote 1

More restrictions coming:

Tighter restrictions will come into force in Lancashire, Merseyside, the Midlands and West Yorkshire after significant increases in Covid-19 cases.
The new rules ban separate households from meeting each other at home or in private gardens.
Pubs and restaurants must also shut early in parts of Lancashire and Merseyside. 
The measures will come into force from Tuesday.

I’m off to uni in the midlands 😬

Edited by FestivalJamie

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

More restrictions coming:

Tighter restrictions will come into force in Lancashire, Merseyside, the Midlands and West Yorkshire after significant increases in Covid-19 cases.
The new rules ban separate households from meeting each other at home or in private gardens.
Pubs and restaurants must also shut early in parts of Lancashire and Merseyside. 
The measures will come into force from Tuesday.

I’m off to uni in the midlands 😬

What counts as the Midlands there? Pretty big area.

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’ve got to say though guys, whilst the government’s response has been far from adequate, public level of compliance is dropping daily. I’m seeing less and less people wearing masks and more and more people circulating conspiracy theories online.

I fear whatever the government does isn’t enough to stop this virus now. At the end of the day, to control this thing you need a good government response and good level of compliance from the public. The government’s response is awful, but the level of public belief and compliance now is even worse. I fear whatever measures we put in now won’t be enough to stop this virus escalating because people just don’t care anymore.

That’s where they were idiotic in the extreme to rush out of Lockdown as quickly as they did. Compliance as always time limited. They’ve made it worse with their mixed messaging (and the Cummings saga) and I maintain that the different rules in different areas are totally counter productive. It just confuses people.

Don't you think this whole lock down the North is a bit reminiscent of that film Monsters? Where you had to battle your way through the red quarantine zone between Mexico and the US as it was full of monsters...

Now we have the Covid monster from Liverpool over the hills stretching to Newcastle..... enter at your peril!!  :huh:

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

That’s where they were idiotic in the extreme to rush out of Lockdown as quickly as they did. Compliance as always time limited. They’ve made it worse with their mixed messaging (and the Cummings saga) and I maintain that the different rules in different areas are totally counter productive. It just confuses people.

Can’t agree that the exit from lockdown was rushed. We were able to meet outside in small groups and go to garden centres etc in May and June to varying degrees, but largely the country was locked from from 23rd March to 4th July and cases and deaths were low by the time we exited.