When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Surely it’s time for the Daily Briefings to come back!

No, he got bored of those when he realised they were fucking things up. Last thing he wants is to have stuff he says actually recorded on camera again.

All I can think time and time again with this lot is the Simpsons episode with the chilli cook off. "Well of course, everything looks bad if you remember it".

• Upvote 1

I’ve got to say though guys, whilst the government’s response has been far from adequate, public level of compliance is dropping daily. I’m seeing less and less people wearing masks and more and more people circulating conspiracy theories online.

I fear whatever the government does isn’t enough to stop this virus now. At the end of the day, to control this thing you need a good government response and good level of compliance from the public. The government’s response is awful, but the level of public belief and compliance now is even worse. I fear whatever measures we put in now won’t be enough to stop this virus escalating because people just don’t care anymore.

6 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’ve got to say though guys, whilst the government’s response has been far from adequate, public level of compliance is dropping daily. I’m seeing less and less people wearing masks and more and more people circulating conspiracy theories online.

I fear whatever the government does isn’t enough to stop this virus now. At the end of the day, to control this thing you need a good government response and good level of compliance from the public. The government’s response is awful, but the level of public belief and compliance now is even worse. I fear whatever measures we put in now won’t be enough to stop this virus escalating because people just don’t care anymore.

Time to let evolution take over. If people are choosing to be dumb and ignore the measures being put in place then leave them to it. 

Keep yourself protected and those you care about. Let the masses deal with the consequences of their inactions. 

7 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

But then that's the consequence of bad govt messaging. 

Its going to be around a while. I say make mask wearing 100% compliant on pains of custodial sentence and reopen.

43 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

has to self isolate until test result, and then continue to self isolate if result comes back positive...?

Yea that sounds about right.

She has been keeping her distance (as much as possible) and avoiding contact with her sister this week but if she returns a positive result she will have to self-isolate for a fortnight probably.

Hopefully its negative and just one of the many other viruses no doubt travelling around the school!

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yes there is. We live in the South West where currently infection rates and so on are low in comparison to our friends in the North.

Only caveat being we're going to be kneecapped for infection rates hundreds of miles from where we live.

Just been speaking to a colleague who shares the same view as me on it which was reassuring... 

I do think that is extremely unfair - im still behind some kind of travel ban between the hotspot areas and the less affected ones down south

Students all going to uni/back to uni from the hotspot areas may soon seem a little bit mad if outbreaks happen in previously ok places

20 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

889D7DC4-F3F8-41A0-9161-7BFDC0668C5D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

We was planning a visit to London for that but totally understand the reasons why (we cancelled the trip a couple of months ag)

NYE is going to be a funny one this year. Not much going on, most people at home, and 50% of voters pretending to look joyous as the pound collapses at midnight. Party! Party! Party!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

There's always an element of personal responsibility of course.  You can't escape that.

But...

The government's job is to, well, govern.  The government essentially needs to act as parents to a large family of toddlers and teenagers.  The kids that have grown up and left home can be trusted to do what they need to do, but the rest need to be guided.

A parent's job for example would be to explain to a child in clear, easy to understand and unequivocal terms exactly why they shouldn't stick their hand in a fire, and what the consequences of doing it will be. And controls put in place to ensure that they aren't just left to their own devices and trusted not to do it.

Substitute child with electorate and fire with C19, and you're there.

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Only 100days till xmas and hopefully we will have that vaccine or some idea when it’s rolled out by then ... that may give us the clue where we go with events and live music from that ... fingers crossed 

Agreed.....apart from the Xmas bit as I'm a bit of a humbug about that.  Festival of excess and all the gluttony and pressure on people to conform when they can't afford it.  Don't get me started on the ads that say such things as ".....and how about this 52" HD Smart TV for Gran....only £799 at PC World" etc.  Makes me fume.  Rant over.

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Mykonos holiday in October has now bitten the dust. Easyjet just cancelled all flights there from 1st Oct. Presumably people have been cancelling in droves since the quarantine came in. Now have the option to switch flight to elsewhere. God knows where though!

Turkey looking like the best shout for a sunny getaway right now.

43 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

The government are to blame for the non compliance.  The messaging has been so confusing and hideous its really not a surprise.  

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Agreed.....apart from the Xmas bit as I'm a bit of a humbug about that.  Festival of excess and all the gluttony and pressure on people to conform when they can't afford it.  Don't get me started on the ads that say such things as ".....and how about this 52" HD Smart TV for Gran....only £799 at PC World" etc.  Makes me fume.  Rant over.

You'd expect 4k at least for that price these days.

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

Mykonos holiday in October has now bitten the dust. Easyjet just cancelled all flights there from 1st Oct. Presumably people have been cancelling in droves since the quarantine came in. Now have the option to switch flight to elsewhere. God knows where though!

We've had easyjets booked to Gran Canaria for ages watching the price come down and down and down. We could have got them now for £39 return if we booked today. We decided ages ago that we wouldnt go if quarantine was still on so we're now assuming we're not going.