When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It was as I was saying earlier, we've has the warnings before and done nothing. This is solely at the feet of the Government and Johnson; whatever happens next is on them.

Completely agree but they take no responsibility and that majority means no one can question them. We are so screwed.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

It was as I was saying earlier, we've has the warnings before and done nothing. This is solely at the feet of the Government and Johnson; whatever happens next is on them.

It’s been frustrating enough watching from overseas as the UK government has ignored every lesson learnt by other countries in their decision making, whether it be incompetence or some misguided British exceptionalism, but they aren’t even listening to their own advice now. It’s an absolute car crash at the moment. 

10 hours ago, gazzared said:

I won't be going to my parents on Christmas Day if things are locked down again and they wouldn't want me too either. They are both 70 and they have the same opinion as me regarding Christmas dinner... It's just another bloody roast dinner on some fake guys fake birthday 😂

I’m not a fan of Christmas... or religion, totally agree on the fake guys birthday. But... my folks are into it and I don’t know how many more they have left. 

Also, my sis is having a baby end of nov so there’s a lot of anticipation and excitement about that. My colleagues joke and call me Scrooge because I’m always vocal about how much bullshit it is but, if they tell me I can’t see my fam at Christmas that will be the breaking point for me... fuck it! 

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Some kind of "circuit break" lockdown being considered apparently:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54199642

I really can't see a pub curfew achieving much.

Why wait till next week, they are so reactive. Take some proactive measures now to try to get on top of the virus is surely a more effective option?

7 hours ago, Gregfc15 said:

It’s been frustrating enough watching from overseas as the UK government has ignored every lesson learnt by other countries in their decision making, whether it be incompetence or some misguided British exceptionalism, but they aren’t even listening to their own advice now. It’s an absolute car crash at the moment. 

Can't it be both?

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Why wait till next week, they are so reactive. Take some proactive measures now to try to get on top of the virus is surely a more effective option?

Where does it say next week? I thought it was just speculation. According to Sky News, Hancock hasn't ruled it out. He is due on BBC Breakfast soon apparently.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Where does it say next week? I thought it was just speculation. According to Sky News, Hancock hasn't ruled it out. He is due on BBC Breakfast soon apparently.

He’s just been on. Typically vague answers and he said another lockdown is a last resort but we can avoid it if everyone follows the ‘rule of six’ and does face/space etc.

Basically, it’s inevitable it is coming in.

Edited by Ryan1984

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

He’s just been on. Typically vague answers and he said another lockdown is a last resort but we can avoid a national lockdown if everyone follows the ‘rule of six’ and does face/space etc.

Basically, it’s inevitable it is coming in.

Cheers. It'll be sold as "you didn't follow the rules so now we have to do this" then. Even though the rule of six was never going to work wonders at this point.