When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Maybe there was something to that rumour earlier about a 2 week lockdown. October half term is end of October isn't  it? I wonder what position we'll be in by then.

How long till a Government of National Unity is spoken about then!? That was rolling about for a bit in March too.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So the 2 week lockdown thing did have some truth to it after all then. Not necessarily that it's going to happen or that Whitty has recommended it to the Prime Minister, but it is being talked about among these committees. I can see Cummings getting on board with the "2 weeks to save Christmas" tbf

The thing is a 2 week lockdown by that stage might not be enough, last time it was 3 weeks at a pop and they even said we won't see the benefit for a good few weeks.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The thing is a 2 week lockdown by that stage might not be enough, last time it was 3 weeks at a pop and they even said we won't see the benefit for a good few weeks.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

2 week lockdown won't be enough will it...

I guess it depends on if they're trying to drive the virus all the way back down to July levels, or if they just want to pause the spread for a couple of weeks to relieve immediate pressure on the NHS

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I guess it depends on if they're trying to drive the virus all the way back down to July levels, or if they just want to pause the spread for a couple of weeks to relieve immediate pressure on the NHS

or help the world leading testing system become world leading once again :)