When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

The coronavirus is evolving slowly, researchers have confirmed, in a report that is a glimmer of good news for vaccine researchers.

The report, released by the Royal Society’s Science in Emergencies Tasking: Covid-19 group, reveals that while the genome of the virus has shown some mutations, these do not appear to be making the virus more dangerous.

Indeed such changes could actually be useful, with the team noting they can be harnessed to probe the spread of Covid-19 in hospitals, schools and other settings.

While the report notes the evolving genome of the virus should be considered when it comes to testing to make sure cases are not missed, it says the changes seen so far mean the virus is unlikely to outflank vaccines currently under development.

“The genome variation seen hitherto is unlikely to enable virus escape from immune responses induced by vaccination or prior infection,” the team write.

33 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes who knew that when we opened up more of society need for tests would increase. Their incompetence is staggering. 

....as I was saying the other day about Scotland, which would have told them exactly what would happen when School reopened. The incompetence is staggering.

5 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

....as I was saying the other day about Scotland, which would have told them exactly what would happen when School reopened. The incompetence is staggering.

I thought that when I was posting that tweet funnily enough. This government don't like warnings do they, at the beginning with China/Italy and now with rising cases after school reopenings.

This cases thing is really big too, it's the key to having any semblance of normal life and with them going as they are we won't be able to enjoy many of the activities we normally do in the coming months.

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

One for toilet duck to interpret

😉

For those wanting to read the full study protocol for the Moderna vaccine*, they've published it in full here:
https://www.modernatx.com/sites/default/files/mRNA-1273-P301-Protocol.pdf

Gonna get the little one off to bed, then I’ll have a look! 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I've been told that a significant cluster in Wales has been caused by a group of 15 packing into a minibus to attend Doncaster races, where a few of the 15 were waiting on test results. These few infected their mates and then the group brought the virus back to the Rhondda area which is now in lockdown.

We all know why the races were allowed to go ahead with fans *sigh*

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I've been told that a significant cluster in Wales has been caused by a group of 15 packing into a minibus to attend Doncaster races, where a few of the 15 were waiting on test results. These few infected their mates and then the group brought the virus back to the Rhondda area which is now in lockdown.

What the fuck were a few people who had suspected coronavirus doing packing into a minibus? Fucks'* sake, of course the government should be turning the tests around more quickly, but what knobhead puts themselves in a situation known for spreading the virus, whilst you're waiting for a test for the virus? They clearly thought they could have had it, otherwise they wouldn't have had a test. Pricks.

* Yes, there are many fucks that own this sake.

56 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I could add a 5th version on that chart, a person that wears a mask round their wrist. I’ve seen a couple of them in the supermarket.

In other news that ignore button doesn’t seem to be working... 😉

@SDSMstop downvoting you utter 🛎️🔚

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

It's a bloody good dinner though

to be fair my mums roast dinners are brilliant all year round so wont be risking their health for fake jesus day, plus theyd normally be 8 of us . I'll just order a pizza, ive always wanted to do that or and indian or both 🤣

40 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I thought that when I was posting that tweet funnily enough. This government don't like warnings do they, at the beginning with China/Italy and now with rising cases after school reopenings.

This cases thing is really big too, it's the key to having any semblance of normal life and with them going as they are we won't be able to enjoy many of the activities we normally do in the coming months.

I’d like to know what causes it. Either the inflow of information to the Decision makers in Government is appalling or it’s just exceptionalism and arrogance.

Could be both I suppose.

Bizarre story from Germany

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54193770

TLDR: Football team tries to postpone a fixture when it emerged that their opponents had come into contact with a covid case at their previous game. The authorities refused to allow them not to play and said they'd be fined €200 if they didn't turn up. They turned up, but stood at the side of the pitch to ensure they were 2 metres from their potentially contagious opponents. They were beaten 37-0.

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’d like to know what causes it. Either the inflow of information to the Decision makers in Government is appalling or it’s just exceptionalism and arrogance.

Could be both I suppose.

If we as normal citizens can see the same information and come to the view that something needs to be done then surely they can too?  I think it's the later. It's kind of confirmed in that leaked letter from Patrick Valance where he said he was pithing the hardest for an earlier lockdown in March but the CMO and Chief of the Civil Service basically shouted him down. They have the information there, it proves we haven't been guided by the science at all.

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

to be fair my mums roast dinners are brilliant all year round so wont be risking their health for fake jesus day, plus theyd normally be 8 of us . I'll just order a pizza, ive always wanted to do that or and indian or both 🤣

Don't you belong in the 'hopefully no xmas' thread? 🙂