When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I won't be going to my parents on Christmas Day if things are locked down again and they wouldn't want me too either. They are both 70 and they have the same opinion as me regarding Christmas dinner... It's just another bloody roast dinner on some fake guys fake birthday 😂

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

What I think my point is, that the Government might not have much of a choice?

I think a different logic is needed. We won't get a huge spike in infections if people just go visit family and stay there. They just need to be pushing other stuff, don't go to the pub if you do that, work at home if you do that, maybe make 29th and 30th bank holidays to keep more businesses closed.

I don't think what works now will work at Christmas, but I think there are things that will work at Christmas that won't work now.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

What I think my point is, that the Government might not have much of a choice?

You reckon by December, we'll be having an April-esque peak? If that happens then you might be right that they have to cancel Christmas to avoid the NHS being overwhelmed.

3,395 cases today. 16% up on last Thursday which is a damned sight better than yesterday's 3,991 which was 50% up on the previous Wednesday. I do worry that there are a lot more hidden infections due to this testing fuck up though.

6 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I won't be going to my parents on Christmas Day if things are locked down again and they wouldn't want me too either. They are both 70 and they have the same opinion as me regarding Christmas dinner... It's just another bloody roast dinner on some fake guys fake birthday 😂

It's a bloody good dinner though

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You reckon by December, we'll be having an April-esque peak? If that happens then you might be right that they have to cancel Christmas to avoid the NHS being overwhelmed.

3,395 cases today. 16% up on last Thursday which is a damned sight better than yesterday's 3,991 which was 50% up on the previous Wednesday. I do worry that there are a lot more hidden infections due to this testing fuck up though.

Oh no I used April just for arguments sake, as a possible worst case scenario. To be honest I don’t really know what cases will be like, I think they’ll be high in the winter but how high I’m not sure. 

14 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I think a different logic is needed. We won't get a huge spike in infections if people just go visit family and stay there. They just need to be pushing other stuff, don't go to the pub if you do that, work at home if you do that, maybe make 29th and 30th bank holidays to keep more businesses closed.

I don't think what works now will work at Christmas, but I think there are things that will work at Christmas that won't work now.

I don’t mean that people visiting family will cause a spike, I mean if there is a large rise in cases at December the Gov might not have much choice but to tighten things down before the Christmas period and going through it. 

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

When will we know if these daily new cases data is correct. I just can't buy that cases haven't increased today. Any thoughts or tips for accurate data rn?

Well it's factual that 3,395 people tested positive which is significantly fewer than yesterday, but the question is how many covid positive people are unable to get a test right now.

3 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

When will we know if these daily new cases data is correct. I just can't buy that cases haven't increased today. Any thoughts or tips for accurate data rn?

yeah, can't say for sure...and won't know until they get the testing capacity sorted. So, just have to take these case numbers for what they are, and look at hospitalisation and death rates...which I think are still low..?

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, can't say for sure...and won't know until they get the testing capacity sorted. So, just have to take these case numbers for what they are, and look at hospitalisation and death rates...which I think are still low..?

actually deaths are 21...creeping up a bit...? Is that where we were mid March?

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

I mean there's still a chance he says "fuck it" and doesn't do anything at all, but there's no way he's going to tell people they can't see their family at Christmas. It's just not his brand. 

They can see their family at Christmas, but only in a pub at 120 quid a head.