When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

That is interesting, as it's definitely at odds with what I see!  But I guess there's a lot more to it than just mask/no mask so it's hardly a controlled experiment!

Thinking about people in general, maybe it's more likely to be attention span!  The wearing of masks is relatively new, whereas they've been telling us to maintain distance and wash our hands for 6 months now, so people just forget they've still got to do it.

One thing I've realised as I've got older is that I'm now far more accepting of the fact that people as a collective species are idiots. Whether it's simplistic populist sloganeering winning elections, or an apparent inability to maintain multiple behavioural patterns as required, I have a shrinking faith in the belief that we're all just not component cells of a giant moron. I have to look at individuals and small groups to have any hope for us! :lol:

You are totally right ... people inability to stay away from people astounds me some have to get up very close to others ... I know we are supposed to be social creatures ., but how do we forget / ignore such a simple concept that’s been drummed into us for months now ... 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

You’re allowed to post things that you find interesting, and I’m allowed to analyse why I think it’s wide of the mark for now. That’s how it works. 

Thanks for giving me permission. I can't wait for the next time you feel the need to pick something apart needlessly or argue for 2 days over the use if a single word. What's the point, seriously, in trying to provide information to people when some just constantly pick at everything.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

So Boris has said that there won’t be a second lockdown. 

Think that means it’s now nailed on. Time to start filling the cupboards back up with crap food 

Just bought a load of loo roll at the weekend as part of general shop. For the win, it turns out.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Thanks for giving me permission. I can't wait for the next time you feel the need to pick something apart needlessly or argue for 2 days over the use if a single word. What's the point, seriously, in trying to provide information to people when some just constantly pick at everything.

Because I don’t want everyone going crazy thinking “omg 2 week lockdown coming ASAP” because of a single tweet by an independent sage member that the media have picked up? It’s right that we should discuss it in here, but it’s also right that we point out that it’s not a particularly substantiated report and there’s a lot of scepticism as to whether the CMO even said what the IS member claims. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Because I don’t want everyone going crazy thinking “omg 2 week lockdown coming ASAP” because of a single tweet by an independent sage member that the media have picked up? It’s right that we should discuss it in here, but it’s also right that we point out that it’s not a particularly substantiated report and there’s a lot of scepticism as to whether the CMO even said what the IS member claims. 

You pick apart everything though, the other day I posted a lighthearted tweet and you took all the fun out of it by pedantically commenting on the use of one word.

I think people will be able to make their own minds up without you having to pick it apart. I probably won't pass on any information I come across anymore as I can't be bothered with the grief. Thanks for nice start to the day.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

You pick apart everything though, the other day I posted a lighthearted tweet and you took all the fun out of it by pedantically commenting on the use of one word.

I think people will be able to make their own minds up without you having to pick it apart. I probably won't pass on any information I come across anymore as I can't be bothered with the grief. Thanks for nice start to the day.

Why don’t we sort our differences over an “animal house party with a hot tub*”. You’re all invited.

* when safe and responsible to do so. 

Christ on a bike, can you two please give it a rest? It wasn't a personal attack on you Ozanne, it just questioned the validity of an article that you put up for discussion. Given the nature of mainstream media reporting, it's not a bad shout to look past the headlines a bit.

This thread is depressing enough without wading through pages of sniping as well.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Christ on a bike, can you two please give it a rest? It wasn't a personal attack on you Ozanne, it just questioned the validity of an article that you put up for discussion. Given the nature of mainstream media reporting, it's not a bad shout to look past the headlines a bit.

This thread is depressing enough without wading through pages of sniping as well.

As I said yesterday I don't find this thread depressing. What I do find tiring and actually takes all of the enjoyment out of this place is when people needlessly pick apart when information is posted. I just thought it would be interesting, but as I said I won't bother from now on as I can't be bothered with the grief.

Said it once and i'll say it again, I'm pretty peed off there's likely to be more restrictions forced on us down in the South West.

Here in BANES for instance we had 12 confirmed cases 7th Sept - 13th Sept which is 19 cases down on the previous week.

We currently sit at 6 cases per 100,000 people.

Next door in Bristol it's 13 cases per 100,000 with 61 cases in the above mentioned week (18 cases down on the previous one)

I hate to play the petulant child but to be punished for a dramatic rise in cases at the opposite end of the country doesn't seem right?

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeyT said:

Said it once and i'll say it again, I'm pretty peed off there's likely to be more restrictions forced on us down in the South West.

Here in BANES for instance we had 12 confirmed cases 7th Sept - 13th Sept which is 19 cases down on the previous week.

Next door in Bristol it's 13 cases per 100,000 with 61 cases in the above mentioned week (18 cases down on the previous one)

I hate to play the petulant child but to be punished for a dramatic rise in cases at the opposite end of the country doesn't seem right?

How have you guys handled the virus so well, with so little cases? Is it due to less people in and coming to the area?

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The danger there is that people will travel from areas with heavy restrictions to places with none risking further transmission and putting your local population at risk. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Let’s hope we don’t get too much ... similar if not lower figures around here too ... hope they stick to local restrictions / north / south now ... apologies to those up north ..... same as you mention on population density that has to be the factor ... we were fortunate in the first wave ... I’m thinking London might be lower now because of numbers of office workers still wfh and some herd imunity from first hit 

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If we don't know that the CMO has advised a new lockdown, but actually an (unnamed so far) newspaper says that independent sage says that the CMO might have advised a lockdown, then that's a welcome clarification. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not if people are still working I guess maybe at weekends ? 

Honestly I think the only way South West gets more restrictions is if things are applied at the national level and I’m inclined to think they’ll stick with local at least for the immediate time being. The Tory back benchers will go ballistic if Boris is seen to be overstepping his mark.