When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

17 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Upvoted for the response To situation not because she is feeling ill!!! Hope she feels better soon!! 

Ha! I didn't think you were pleased my daughter was ill 😊

She's fine. Been quite annoying at bedtime, which means she's perked up a bit.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

An addition to the thread - the only answer to this is that they're going to need to restrict tests to those who are most important to the general running of society first.

It's MID SEPTEMBER and we're in a situation where being unable to get tests (for them or their children) will cause people to lose their jobs.  It's still warm and winter isn't even close to hitting us yet....

If you can’t test, you can’t find the positive cases to track and trace. If you can’t track and trace, or your system is not “world’s beat” then  you can’t proactively isolate positive people and test their contacts from the community and stop them spreading. You couple this with the continued importing of cases from returning travelers and a lack of quarantine compliance. 

Hate being a doomer, but If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention. 

Edited by Gregfc15

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

the bit about using GPs as gatekeepers makes sense. I hope they don't fail to do that because "the data will be delayed by 24 hours". It's not exactly "timely" now so it's better than nothing or just skipping to harsher measures

That said, I think the rule of 6 is far too lenient - faced with the data they have it needs to be back to households don't meet (with one bubble for mental health/people on their own etc of course).  If they want to attack this rise, that should be in tomorrow ahead of the weekend 

1 minute ago, Gregfc15 said:

If you can’t test, you can’t find the positive cases to track and trace. If you can’t track and trace, or your system is not “world’s beat” then  you can’t proactively isolate positive people and test their contacts from the community and stop them spreading. You couple this with the continued importing of cases from returning travelers and a lack of quarantine compliance. 

Hate being a doomer, but If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention. 

world beating.

2 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Hate being a doomed, but If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention. 

is your location of Singapore still the case? I am majorly envious if so - love it there. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Sounds like the scientists want to lock down again. My mental health is now completely fucked :( I should just disappear for a bit 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

the bit about using GPs as gatekeepers makes sense. I hope they don't fail to do that because "the data will be delayed by 24 hours". It's not exactly "timely" now so it's better than nothing or just skipping to harsher measures

That said, I think the rule of 6 is far too lenient - faced with the data they have it needs to be back to households don't meet (with one bubble for mental health/people on their own etc of course).  If they want to attack this rise, that should be in tomorrow ahead of the weekend 

Also gps could help triage out some people who might think they have symptoms but actually don't? 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Many tory ministers and backbenchers thing rule of 6 is too much...as do much of the public probably.

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Also gps could help triage out some people who might think they have symptoms but actually don't? 

That's my thoughts on it - I'm not blaming the public exclusively but there is a lot of hysteria and I can imagine a lot of very mild symptoms that are of normal colds leading to people taking tests (or being told to by bosses etc). If they're limited, then somebody with medical training needs to decide who gets them to keep society running

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

is your location of Singapore still the case? I am majorly envious if so - love it there. 

Yep. Aussie in Singapore. 

its been interesting following the group of 6 chat. We’ve had group of 5 since June and everyone is starting to take the piss now, even in a place with generally compliant attitude. Very minimal community transmission (0-2 a day, usually from proactive testing of risk occupations) so the bargain with the government to do the right thing is fraying as restrictions aren’t loosened 

3 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Yep. Aussie in Singapore. 

its been interesting following the group of 6 chat. We’ve had group of 5 since June and everyone is starting to take the piss now, even in a place with generally compliant attitude. Very minimal community transmission (0-2 a day, usually from proactive testing of risk occupations) so the bargain with the government to do the right thing is fraying as restrictions aren’t loosened 

I guess the fact it can go so mad so quickly is their reasoning but this is where doing such a good job backfires as people get complacent.

Had a great week's holiday over there last December to watch U2. What I'd give to be back there on that week again....

14 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

There will be a happy ending...but it's ages off. It'll be because of a vaccine.