When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 hours ago, Ozanne said:

@FestivalJamieI hope you are ok mate and your trip is good. I don't mean any disrespect at all by this but if this whole thing is impacting your mental health is posting in this thread and following COVID news good for you?

Not being funny but if he's willing to fly to Europe during this then he must be doing alright. Seems mad hypocritical to me but that's just my opinion.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Not being funny but if he's willing to fly to Europe during this then he must be doing alright. Seems mad hypocritical to me but that's just my opinion.

He said he went away to help with his mental health and for some time away. Just because someone might seem to be doing ok doesn't mean that they are ok.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Go fuck yourself, you judgemental dickhead. You have no idea how much anyone is suffering right now. Take a long hard look at yourself and come back when you’re ready to be kind. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Go fuck yourself, you judgemental dickhead. You have no idea how much anyone is suffering right now. Take a long hard look at yourself and come back when you’re ready to be kind. 

Calm down please. We are all living through this and suffering to varying degrees. 

I'm just saying if you're worry is catching Covid or not wanting to make things worse then why fly to another country? Why is that so controversial?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Calm down please. We are all living through this and suffering to varying degrees. 

I'm just saying if you're worry is catching Covid or not wanting to make things worse then why fly to another country? Why is that so controversial?

Because you have no idea what his reasons are? Germany is an air bridge and has lower Covid rates than the UK. He’s statistically more likely to catch Covid by staying right here in the UK. Germany is pretty safe. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Because you have no idea what his reasons are? Germany is an air bridge and has lower Covid rates than the UK. He’s statistically more likely to catch Covid by staying right here in the UK. Germany is pretty safe. 

That isn't the only factor in determining whether it's a sensible thing to do though is it. Germany will probs be less safe if people from the UK keep going there...

I don't care if he wants to go on holiday abroad it's his choice, I am just saying it seems at odds with what his posts here have been saying for months.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

That isn't the only factor in determining whether it's a sensible thing to do though is it. Germany will probs be less safe if people from the UK keep going there...

I don't care if he wants to go on holiday abroad it's his choice, I am just saying it seems at odds with what his posts here have been saying for months.

That’s a fair point, but if he’s becoming more relaxed and less of a doomer then that’s good for his mental health imo. 

I don’t really want to elaborate on here but I was supposed to be going to live and work in germany permanently from May onwards but I lost my contract due to corona. It’s been a really tough time and it’s part of the reason I’ve headed out there, but as I said, it’s not what I want to elaborate on.

Im still nervous of the virus, I’m nervous of passing it to others more vulnerable and at the end of the day I’m only nervous because people don’t stick to the rules. If I knew everyone was going to wear a mask and social distance properly, then I wouldn’t have to be nervous, I’m only nervous because others don’t stick to the rules, and i haven’t broken a single rule this whole time. If everyone stuck to the rules then I wouldn’t be as panicked as I have been.

Regardless, we could be living with this virus for years. At some point I have to just try and start to accept that there’s always going to be a risk and live with that risk but go about daily life with masks and social distancing. This was a big step for me in doing that but germany made me feel very safe, and immediately coming back to the uk I’ve started to feel unsafe again (my contact locater form was not checked and when I asked the lady if she wanted it she said no and that I could just leave without any checks whatsoever).

The world still has to go round, we can’t all stay locked up for however many more months, we’ve got to all start to try to make progress in our lives again. This last week has helped me a lot. But we still need to be so careful with masks and social distancing, which I am.

So, I don’t particularly think I’m hypocritical but I understand where you’re coming from because I have posted a lot and I have been nervous, and I still am. But I need to try and start to live my life again 6 months after we first locked down.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I don’t really want to elaborate on here but I was supposed to be going to live and work in germany permanently from May onwards but I lost my contract due to corona. It’s been a really tough time and it’s part of the reason I’ve headed out there, but as I said, it’s not what I want to elaborate on.

Im still nervous of the virus, I’m nervous of passing it to others more vulnerable and at the end of the day I’m only nervous because people don’t stick to the rules. If I knew everyone was going to wear a mask and social distance properly, then I wouldn’t have to be nervous, I’m only nervous because others don’t stick to the rules, and i haven’t broken a single rule this whole time. If everyone stuck to the rules then I wouldn’t be as panicked as I have been.

Regardless, we could be living with this virus for years. At some point I have to just try and start to accept that there’s always going to be a risk and live with that risk but go about daily life with masks and social distancing. This was a big step for me in doing that but germany made me feel very safe, and immediately coming back to the uk I’ve started to feel unsafe again (my contact locater form was not checked and when I asked the lady if she wanted it she said no and that I could just leave without any checks whatsoever).

The world still has to go round, we can’t all stay locked up for however many more months, we’ve got to all start to try to make progress in our lives again. This last week has helped me a lot. But we still need to be so careful with masks and social distancing, which I am.

So, I don’t particularly think I’m hypocritical but I understand where you’re coming from because I have posted a lot and I have been nervous, and I still am. But I need to try and start to live my life again 6 months after we first locked down.

How were the airports? That'd be my worry. Planes circulate the air a fair bit and Germany is doing better than we are but airports would worry me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Considering the rise in cases in France, I was surprised to see fans in a football stadium (apparently 5,000?)... They really are focusing on getting back to ‘normal‘ and living with it, aren’t they?

I'm not sure 5000 out of a 47000 seater stadium is too much of a problem- no issues keeping people apart there in the concourse and the seating is all outside anyway

Definitely safer than many city centre scenes I've seen pictures of recently!

8 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Totally get this. I love getting away and exploring other parts of the world but I can’t think of much worse ways of catching/spreading the virus by mixing with people from all over the world in an airport and then on a plane. Unless it’s important or a business trip then I’m of the view it should be avoided. I know of people who say they have ‘HAD’ to go abroad because of their mental health, and that then always makes it had to argue or disagree with them but the UK has some amazing places to visit if you need to get away. 

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Good for you, I would leave this country in a heartbeat if I could.

Honestly everyone is dealing with this thing the best they can and I know so many people suffering more than ever with their mental health and don't have the access to GPs and therapists like we usually do, myself included.

I think less people need to make judgement on what others do as no one knows what others are going through and everyone thinks they're a rule maker now. As long as we're following social distancing where we can and wearing masks where required, that's all we can do. We need to start getting on with our lives soon, even if it's not the way it was. 

6 hours ago, DeanoL said:

How were the airports? That'd be my worry. Planes circulate the air a fair bit and Germany is doing better than we are but airports would worry me.

We flew from Manchester to Sardinia last week. The airports themselves were very quiet, not many flights. The flight itself was busier than I would have liked. Wore a properly fitted mask from the hospital the whole time. Felt reasonably comfortable. A friend’s son is a pilot and he said that they have fitted some sort of anti-viral contraption to the air circulation system in the planes

58 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Totally get this. I love getting away and exploring other parts of the world but I can’t think of much worse ways of catching/spreading the virus by mixing with people from all over the world in an airport and then on a plane. Unless it’s important or a business trip then I’m of the view it should be avoided. I know of people who say they have ‘HAD’ to go abroad because of their mental health, and that then always makes it had to argue or disagree with them but the UK has some amazing places to visit if you need to get away. 

I'm of the view we should stop judging other people all the feckin time.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm not sure 5000 out of a 47000 seater stadium is too much of a problem- no issues keeping people apart there in the concourse and the seating is all outside anyway

Definitely safer than many city centre scenes I've seen pictures of recently!

Good point! Just surprised they’ve gone ahead but our top-level sport still has no one.

They just had the crime and policing minister on the news proudly declaring he will be voting for the illegal law but then saying a fine of £10k for a teen who arranged a party is completely correct because ‘it’s illegal’...

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Handy guide to what and what is not permitted...read whole thread

After reading through it, basically you can meet in a group of more than 6 but only on the third Tuesday of a month ending in R and that’s only if the moon is rising in Venus. 

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

After reading through it, basically you can meet in a group of more than 6 but only on the third Tuesday of a month ending in R and that’s only if the moon is rising in Venus. 

What about if you’re testing your eyesight? Or if you only intend to violate the law in a limited and specific way?