When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, mcshed said:

It relates to him saying that the money spent on investigating historic child abuse was "spaffed up a wall" 

I thought it caught on because of all the spaffing he must have done to get that indeterminate number of children.

Edit: agreed on the initial origin though.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

17 minutes ago, Henrik said:

You want a full Bolton lockdown because 0.1% of their population has Covid? You’re kidding, right? 

So at what point do you think it’s acceptable? Do we wait for nhs to be overwhelmed ? Or do we carry on regardless and cross our fingers that infections don’t turn into worse in 2 weeks ? Trying to get perspective on this ... you have asked ozanne if he’s kidding without offering your view point ? 

Lovely weekend down in Cornwall on my friends boat.

It was nice to have a break from the wife and children for the 5 of us!

It was very relaxed down there and great to be able to chill out.

I actually forgot about covid for a few days, a reminder of how normal life used to be!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Henrik said:

You want a full Bolton lockdown because 0.1% of their population has Covid? You’re kidding, right? 

I didn't say I wanted a full lockdown, I've said it's surely on the cards now. Given that when Leicester went into lockdown they had 135 cases per 100k people, the precedent indicates that Bolton would have to go into it now too as they have 192 cases.

Whilst it might be 0.1% of their population (citation needed?) it's clear the current measures aren't slowing the spread of infection therefore I would think stricter measures are needed to prevent infection growing further.

Edited by Ozanne

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So at what point do you think it’s acceptable? Do we wait for nhs to be overwhelmed ? Or do we carry on regardless and cross our fingers that infections don’t turn into worse in 2 weeks ? Trying to get perspective on this ... you have asked ozanne if he’s kidding without offering your view point ? 

More cases do not equal more deaths. This can now clearly be seen in the stats. The cases are rising yet deaths are not. 156 days now since peak deaths.  

I personally think the damage caused by any further lockdown would be far worse than anything the virus could do. In fact, I would go as far as to say we should never lockdown for anything ever again. Not even if there are thousands of Godzillas roaming the streets. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

More cases do not equal more deaths. This can now clearly be seen in the stats. The cases are rising yet deaths are not. 156 days now since peak deaths.  

I personally think the damage caused by any further lockdown would be far worse than anything the virus could do. In fact, I would go as far as to say we should never lockdown for anything ever again. Not even if there are thousands of Godzillas roaming the streets. 

whilst that may be true we currently have only a small proportion of the cases we were having at the peak ... estimates were suggesting 100,000 cases per day at the peak if I remember correctly .... and fortunately we aren't near those levels as yet but id rather we didnt get back to those levels either .... I understand a balance has to be achieved to protect mental health and other health services but aren't we better prepared and able to keep these things functioning now ? 

17 minutes ago, Henrik said:

I don't think there will be a lockdown again, but might be further restrictions...which obviously some people will ignore because they know best.

The main issue I have with reimposing national lockdowns is that when the first one was being eased, the true numbers of those infected at the time was probably still more than they are now. Not sure the whole ‘R’ rate can be trusted at all. 

Edited by st dan

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How are they doing this American football safely ? Those numbers of players :.. and the masks have bloody big holes in them :) 

Have you seen the way they tackle each other?

Being safe is the last thing on their mind (well what little there is left of their minds)

My significant birthday is due in November.  It is doubtful that I will be able to celebrate the way I had planned.   So if I set up my speakers in the front garden and handed out cake and bubbles to my neighbours (social distance of course), would anyone here disapprove.

My taste in music is excellent of course.

Seriously my mental health is suffering and I need to hope there is an end to all this. 

Sorry not to add anything of value to this topic, no insights, no political points, just personal feelings. 

• Upvote 3