When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

No temperature tests at our gym since I’ve returned ... they were defiantly doing them initially ... why not just carry on ... it’s no real hassle is it ?!! 

I feel like things have definitely slacked off a bit at mine, but the temperature tests have stayed. That said aren't they the least useful aspect?

1 hour ago, Homer said:

@zahidfCheers for the heads up re Kennington - got a couple of £10 tix to see Brigstocke and Parris in a few Saturdays' time (bargain). Apparently they're a couple (someone I know, can't remember who I am afraid, told me he saw them getting off with each other by the thames recently).

Also, apparently Top Secret COmedy have cleaned their act up. By a massive coincidence I was listening to a Carl Donnelly pod the other day and he said he had his very first gig back there and was saying how good their measures are (what are the chances?!). Tempted to go tonight - Simon Brodkin (Lee Nelson) for a quid! ( @Zoo Music Girl )

Yeah they're very publicly married. Did you somehow miss their lip syncs?!

And enjoy! We're still not there yet I don't think.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I feel like things have definitely slacked off a bit at mine, but the temperature tests have stayed. That said aren't they the least useful aspect?

Maybe yes ... but if they manage to stop 1 person with a temperature it’s worth doing .... cumulative effects of all the measures will definately help ... 

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Bolton now has 192 cases per 100k people, surely a full lockdown is on the cards for them now?

Definately time for the vulnerable to be protected and the care home doors very firmly shut if they haven’t already ... pubs have to go ... probably gyms too 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

10,000 cases in France and 12,000 in Spain

And they aren't doing national lockdown 

I don’t think anyone will be doing National Lockdown again. It’s too damaging. The French Government might be about to give in to the haunting realisation there’s isn’t actually that much they can do. 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Definately time for the vulnerable to be protected and the care home doors very firmly shut if they haven’t already ... pubs have to go ... probably gyms too 

I agree some more action needs to be taken. I feel this week is important as to how the next few weeks will go. 

26 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Just googled spaffer (some of these modern terms sail way over my swede), anyhow came up with this; seems too kind a term of endearment to me...

203853335_fpostersmallwall_textureproduct750x1000.thumb.jpg.e01422b562181789b7aeca306fe6c749.jpg

It relates to him saying that the money spent on investigating historic child abuse was "spaffed up a wall" 

8 minutes ago, mcshed said:

It relates to him saying that the money spent on investigating historic child abuse was "spaffed up a wall" 

Thank you @mcshed that explains it, rolls off the tongue as well. Mind you so does walloper, of which he certainly is, a fuckin big one at that.