When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, st dan said:

Really interested to see how Sweden get on in regards to the ‘second wave’ the rest of Europe is currently experiencing, mainly as a result of the gradual reopening of things back to ‘normal’. Maybe their model was right after all? 

With Sweden you have to compare with other scaninavian countries really...so they have a lot more deaths, but a little less economic damage. At moment those countries aren't looking too bad, but...this winter have to see what happens, maybe they will have more immunity. Need to remember that Sweden has had some restrictions, life isn't totally normal there.

AFP has more on the announcement by the French prime minister, Jean Castex, not to impose a new lockdown. It quotes him as saying:

We have to succeed in living with this virus, without returning to the idea of a generalised lockdown.

Our strategy is not changing. We must fight the virus without putting on hold our social, cultural and economic life, the education of our children and our ability to live normally.

But he did not announce any major new restrictions, urging people instead to respect social distancing guidelines and use face masks.

And the quarantine period for people with the virus would be shortened to just seven days from 14, to better match “the period when there is a real risk of contagion,” Castex said.

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I was dating a girl from Sunny Scunny years ago. There was a barbers there which was called Public Hair Salon. 

Someone had stolen the first L from the sign. 

There's a store called County Music near me. The "o" used to regularly go missing.

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

With Sweden you have to compare with other scaninavian countries really...so they have a lot more deaths, but a little less economic damage. At moment those countries aren't looking too bad, but...this winter have to see what happens, maybe they will have more immunity. Need to remember that Sweden has had some restrictions, life isn't totally normal there.

People were very quick to criticise Sweden when in reality we still don’t actually know who’s dealt with it well overall and who hasn’t. We don’t know how long it will be with is, if and when we’ll get a Vaccine, how many people are at serious risk etc. It still sounds unlikely IMO but it may well be that Sweden dealt with it ‘better’ than a lot of other places. 

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

AFP has more on the announcement by the French prime minister, Jean Castex, not to impose a new lockdown. It quotes him as saying:

We have to succeed in living with this virus, without returning to the idea of a generalised lockdown.

Our strategy is not changing. We must fight the virus without putting on hold our social, cultural and economic life, the education of our children and our ability to live normally.

But he did not announce any major new restrictions, urging people instead to respect social distancing guidelines and use face masks.

And the quarantine period for people with the virus would be shortened to just seven days from 14, to better match “the period when there is a real risk of contagion,” Castex said.

Sounds like the French are moving a little bit towards just ‘having to live with it.’

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

People were very quick to criticise Sweden when in reality we still don’t actually know who’s dealt with it well overall and who hasn’t. We don’t know how long it will be with is, if and when we’ll get a Vaccine, how many people are at serious risk etc. It still sounds unlikely IMO but it may well be that Sweden dealt with it ‘better’ than a lot of other places. 

Maybe. Big gamble though. I mean...I wonder how many deaths we'd have had here if we hadn't locked down...

Edited by steviewevie

20 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Better hope that isn't the reason - while they kept restaurants closed we had 'eat out to help out' 🤦‍♂️

Well we're clearly not on the same path as New York at the moment.

I've eaten out enough for a while now. Back to online supermarket orders. Let's do what we can to get these cases down. 

Sadly, I think the schools are the flaw in the plan. There's very little we can do as individuals if the schools stay open and parents are fined if they keep their children away.

Is there any hope or light at the end of this dark and murky tunnel? I have been trying to avoid the news. It feels like we're going backwards and I'm honestly at my lowest depression wise than I've been. I've completely resided to the fact there will be no Glastonbury next year and a slim chance of any gigs going ahead. I fear for the small venues and touring bands if they will ever recover. Live music was my life. As sad as it sounds it's what I lived for. I'm not getting younger and my life has been put on hold with absolutely no end in sight. 

It just seems like everything is going to shit when it seems to be ebbing towards the right track. Local lockdowns every where. All focussed on cases. Why not deaths and hospitalisations? Cases could mean someone has had it recovered but still has covid present on them. it can mean levels so small its not transmittable. It can mean someone with a sniffle.

Now I've been told I need to wear a mask in my office from Monday when leaving my desk. So I can sit at my desk in an open plan office with 40 others all spaced out but still breathing the same air with no mask. Yet when I go to the toilet I have to put a mask on to walk down the EMPTY corridors and go in to the EMPTY toilet. The mind fucking boggles.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Is there any hope or light at the end of this dark and murky tunnel? I have been trying to avoid the news. It feels like we're going backwards and I'm honestly at my lowest depression wise than I've been. I've completely resided to the fact there will be no Glastonbury next year and a slim chance of any gigs going ahead. I fear for the small venues and touring bands if they will ever recover. Live music was my life. As sad as it sounds it's what I lived for. I'm not getting younger and my life has been put on hold with absolutely no end in sight. 

It just seems like everything is going to shit when it seems to be ebbing towards the right track. Local lockdowns every where. All focussed on cases. Why not deaths and hospitalisations? Cases could mean someone has had it recovered but still has covid present on them. it can mean levels so small its not transmittable. It can mean someone with a sniffle.

Now I've been told I need to wear a mask in my office from Monday when leaving my desk. So I can sit at my desk in an open plan office with 40 others all spaced out but still breathing the same air with no mask. Yet when I go to the toilet I have to put a mask on to walk down the EMPTY corridors and go in to the EMPTY toilet. The mind fucking boggles.

Doesn’t really sound like you’ve been trying to avoid anything mate tbh - sounds like you’re regurgitating every plandemic article in circulation. It completely makes sense that you wear a mask when moving about the office, because you can’t guarantee that the corridors will always be empty.

• Downvote 5