When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 hours ago, jparx said:

Fevers are rank. I had the flu (or maybe Covid...?) at the start of the year and it was hideous. Most ill I’ve ever felt. Take it easy dude. Hot bath is good if you have one!

Same, was really ill in mid Feb. Regularly woke up thinking I'd wet the bed I was sweating so much! 😂 But as soon as I took the duvet off I'd be shivering within 30 secs, had absolutely no energy as well

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Will they be getting installed in urinals? I can predict huge sales if so. 

Kind of... 

He’s been installing them in spoons toilets! 😂

So just been to the garage to sort car out and observations on following any type of rule:

• None of the mechanics wearing masks but is a very open environment so maybe that's why
  • Small reception area, only 1 person allowed, keep to the side of where the perspex screen is and wear mask
  • Old lady customer no mask, leaning over the counter on the part that doesn't have the screen chatting for Britain, touching her face, counter, keys etc..
  • Younger lady with young child no mask but keep to the screen side
  • Young bloke puts his mask on but unfortunately whilst he distanced from me outside, starts smoking one of those vape things so I pulled my mask up
  • Old bloke keeps his distance waiting for young fella to come out of reception and is wearing a mask

I'm seeing a bit of a reversal on who wears the masks, as used to be blokes who didn't now it's more likely the women.... bear in mind I'm in one of the boroughs with the highest case figs in the country :( 

14 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

So just been to the garage to sort car out and observations on following any type of rule:

• None of the mechanics wearing masks but is a very open environment so maybe that's why
  • Small reception area, only 1 person allowed, keep to the side of where the perspex screen is and wear mask
  • Old lady customer no mask, leaning over the counter on the part that doesn't have the screen chatting for Britain, touching her face, counter, keys etc..
  • Younger lady with young child no mask but keep to the screen side
  • Young bloke puts his mask on but unfortunately whilst he distanced from me outside, starts smoking one of those vape things so I pulled my mask up
  • Old bloke keeps his distance waiting for young fella to come out of reception and is wearing a mask

I'm seeing a bit of a reversal on who wears the masks, as used to be blokes who didn't now it's more likely the women.... bear in mind I'm in one of the boroughs with the highest case figs in the country :( 

Don’t worry the leader we deserve is showing us the way.

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Do the exact words matter? 

Or are people offended by the word “mask”

At the moment, yeah they do.  Consistency of messaging has been all over the fucking place. They're little individual things, but cumulative effect is everyone taking a best guess at what they think they should be doing.

I mean, it's not the end of the world here. But could do better.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

At the moment, yeah they do.  Consistency of messaging has been all over the fucking place. They're little individual things, but cumulative effect is everyone taking a best guess at what they think they should be doing.

I mean, it's not the end of the world here. But could do better.

People need to get a grip and stop being pedantic arseholes. 

The message is blatantly clear in that tweet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

People need to get a grip and stop being pedantic arseholes. 

The message is blatantly clear in that tweet. 

I work with contracts Squirrel, being a pedantic arsehole is what I'm paid for...

But mad bants aside, you're right that this isn't the biggest issue.  But given that people can't be trusted as a collective, consistency is key. We're clearly idiots as a species, and idiots need clear instruction.

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Do the exact words matter? 

Or are people offended by the word “mask”

Mask is problematic because you don’t need to wear a proper mask but you can choose to use a scarf/bandana/t-shirt etc instead.

also practically, I know a couple of those anti-mask weirdos who feel much more comfortable when asked to “cover their face” as opposed to being asked to wear a mask. Compliance will go up when we all use the much friendlier word 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

We're clearly idiots as a species, and idiots need clear instruction.

Maybe it’s time to remove warning labels. Darwin was on to something with his evolution theories. 

To paraphrase Douglas Adams Hitchhiker books: When society needs instructions on toothpicks then maybe it’s time to leave society. 

32 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Jesus I like Starmer but he’s using some problematic language here.

The correct term is “face covering”

Really? It’s not problematic at all, I know exactly what he means and so will many others. If this is your issue with everything right now you need to readjust your priorities.