When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Thought experiment. What about shutting literally everyone in their house for 14 days, even key workers. Everyone stock piles food beforehand and then everyone stays home for 14 days. That would mean that all clusters would die out. The big disadvantage with it obviously is that if you become seriously ill during that two weeks, it would not be possible to get medical treatment and you just need to fend for yourself 

I think the issue would be getting enough food for 14 days if everyone is trying to stockpile - we saw what happened early in lockdown with that. Plus there are certain workers that would still be needed - mostly infrastructure so communications, electricity, gas, water - you'd be stuck if those went out with no-one to fix it.

It'd be broadly doable, I think China did something like it? You just deliver essential food parcels to everyone. You'd also need some sort of global acceptance and understanding as there would be an impact on global supply chains.

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah sorry I didnt mean to insinuate you would get a positive! Only that if positives are going up overall they'll want to spread out when they're reported - you probably still have only a small chance of testing positive.

Haha no worries - I haven’t got a bloody clue what to expect. Feels like I can’t put you phone down at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

What the bloody hell is this? 

How come they can have a mass gathering but we can’t go to a normal outside gig. 

Outrageous. 

6B79DF18-8050-46FA-AE5E-0C1816FE2F95.jpeg

Apparently it's all "very well planned" with social distancing in place etc blah blah blah, but when you introduce alcohol into any such environment like this it all goes out of the window.  Simply shouldn't be happening.

22 minutes ago, Homer said:

I seem to be late to the party on this one, but Mark Francois has been stepped down as head of the ERG very quietly and is now trending on Twitter.

The same Mark Francois who is a Tory MP in his 50s? The same Mark Francois that hasn’t been seen in Parliament since the end of July? All very odd, who could possibly know what the reason for his absence is.

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Thought experiment. What about shutting literally everyone in their house for 14 days, even key workers. Everyone stock piles food beforehand and then everyone stays home for 14 days. That would mean that all clusters would die out. The big disadvantage with it obviously is that if you become seriously ill during that two weeks, it would not be possible to get medical treatment and you just need to fend for yourself 

This was one of my suggestions way back before lockdown even came in. 

The only way it would work though is if the whole world stopped at the same time. No trade or movement anywhere for two weeks. 

Yes many people would die without treatment but the death toll will probably be much lower than it is and the virus will have been eradicated as well as many other less dangerous contagious illnesses. 

It’s a logistical impossibility though. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Boris going in on Starmer ‘criticising and attacking NHS Test and Trace’. Shameless spaffer.

That’s all he kept saying in response the question of ‘is there an issue with test and trace?’ There clearly is a problem and him just responding by claiming Starmer is attacking Test and Trace is just not true. 

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

This was one of my suggestions way back before lockdown even came in. 

The only way it would work though is if the whole world stopped at the same time. No trade or movement anywhere for two weeks. 

Yes many people would die without treatment but the death toll will probably be much lower than it is and the virus will have been eradicated as well as many other less dangerous contagious illnesses. 

It’s a logistical impossibility though. 

Logistically impossible, potentially damaging in all other kids of ways (Kids Immune systems, Mental Health, the Economy, Domestic Violence etc) and ethically very dubious (“We’re getting rid of Covid but if you have a Stroke or catch Sepsis or get ill from anything caught before Lockdown unlucky, you don’t count”). One of them things that sounds good on paper.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

That’s all he kept saying in response the question of ‘is there an issue with test and trace?’ There clearly is a problem and him just responding by claiming Starmer is attacking Test and Trace is just not true. 

The trying to ‘whip up Starmer hates the NHS‘ mantra stinks of Cummings and will get through to the Tory fanboys.

Isn’t this where the speaker should step in and tell him to actually answer the question?

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

The trying to ‘whip up Starmer hates the NHS‘ mantra stinks of Cummings and will get through to the Tory fanboys.

Isn’t this where the speaker should step in and tell him to actually answer the question?

It is but I think when it’s so clear that Johnson refuses to answer questions and acknowledge the issue it’ll be seen through. Especially as at no point has Starmer said anything detrimental to the NHS at all.

Johnson clearly just doesn’t like any form of criticism. Basically like a bully he lashes out when he receives any. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It is but I think when it’s so clear that Johnson refuses to answer questions and acknowledge the issue it’ll be seen through. Especially as at no point has Starmer said anything detrimental to the NHS at all.

Johnson clearly just doesn’t like any form of criticism. Basically like a bully he lashes out when he receives any. 

Not ‘like’ a bully. He is a bully.

10 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Logistically impossible, potentially damaging in all other kids of ways (Kids Immune systems, Mental Health, the Economy, Domestic Violence etc) and ethically very dubious (“We’re getting rid of Covid but if you have a Stroke or catch Sepsis or get ill from anything caught before Lockdown unlucky, you don’t count”). One of them things that sounds good on paper.

I guess the biggest issue is how do you enforce it? You'd need people to enforce it, which immediately means you have one group of people not locked down. And since you would need 100% compliance for it to actually work for sure, it's not worth doing.

haha

It's super simple, guys. No more than 6 people. Except if you're in a pub and they're at different tables. Or in a park and sat next to you. Or for weddings, funerals and other "exceptional life events", like, er, team sports. Or at work or school. Or if your support bubble has more than 6 people in, in which case you're allowed to mix with other bubbles. Like I said, super simple. Wear your mask. Unless you don't have to or y'know, you're getting coffee or something. Keep social distancing, at 2 metres or at 1 metre if you wear a mask. Or 1.5. Jeez, can't believe I'm having to spell this all out to you. Make sure you protect your elderly relatives, but it's okay for them to go to the shop and they don't have to wear a mask if it inhibits their breathing. Stay Alert! But also support the economy by going swimming, then a restaurant, then the cinema. For more information please re-read. Super simple.