When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

yeah thats what I thought but when chris asked matt said he didnt think i'td be allowed , I think he meant because theyd have to leave thier cars at some point to go the toilets and stuff

but that's no different to going to the toilets in a pub or restaurant, etc - and going shopping is waaaaay worse for perhaps briefly mixing with more than 6.

Unless they're locking everything down again there's no reason why drive-in concerts wouldn't be allowed.

Edited by eFestivals

25 minutes ago, gazzared said:

chris evans asked matt hancock about a drive in gig hes going to, matt said he doenst think it'll be allowed to go ahead but will check with the PM later today . seems strange when they wont be leaving their cars ?

If a drive in gig isn't allowed, why the fuck is that Doncaster race going ahead?

Oh wait, I think I know the answer.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

but that's no different to going to the toilets in a pub or restaurant, etc - and going shopping is waaaaay worse for perhaps briefly mixing with more than 6.

Unless they're locking everything down again there's no reason why drive-in concerts wouldn't be allowed.

yeah sounds a bit worrying, matt said things will be clarified later today. chris said the drive in gig had 8000 people attending so dont know if thats why ? anyway Ive got nothing planned apart from camping with my dog haha

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

ALL YOUR FAULT

PMSL, what a w*nker.

It's 2+ months since Hancock announced all care homes would have weekly tests, and that's still not been delivered - and now he's saying that people who think they might be infected shouldn't get tested.

Perhaps he should ask himself why he's been running those "get a test" TV ads...?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

PMSL, what a w*nker.

It's 2+ months since Hancock announced all care homes would have weekly tests, and that's still not been delivered - and now he's saying that people who think they might be infected shouldn't get tested.

Perhaps he should ask himself why he's been running those "get a test" TV ads...?

he must have been promised some cushy job by the pm aslong as he takes the blame for all the shit before he's fired

Supposed to be going to a campsite in a couple weeks with a group larger than 6, that's not gonna happen now is it 🤔

Also off to Ashcombe Farm this weekend to spend a couple days there, thankfully that should be fine! 

I hate to be negative but I’m really starting to get concerned that this crisis is going to have a permanent negative effect on our civil liberties, something that I think this country needs to start refusing to accept. I know that the government has the emergency legislation in place for 2 years while the pandemic is going on which allows them to turn on a sixpence and introduce restrictions, but I really think anyone who thinks we are going to get our full liberty back at the end of the 2 year period is naive. Will they ever be able to truly rule out a second, third, fourth wave even with a vaccine? This is something we will never be able to rule out 100%, so the government will still have reason to extend the legislation ad infinitum. If Cummings and the government see how the majority of people are adhering to the legislation, why would they want to give people back those powers when we’ve all so freely sacrificed them? Clearly when the first wave came, lockdown was necessary but we now need to really look at the evidence both of cases and most importantly deaths (deaths have stayed comparatively low while cases have increased over last few weeks) and as citizens decide whether the restrictions imposed on us are proportionate. Otherwise I fear we may never go back to enjoying the freedoms we all took for granted and now should cherish and fight for more than ever.

While of course I support introducing restrictions which will help stop the spread, it is getting more and more clear that this legislation is being made up on the spot without scientific evidence, for example quarantining Greek islands with less than half the incidence of covid than the Uk, banning gatherings indoors and outdoors, yet you can go to work, get on public transport, get on a plane, go to a wedding etc. I get that the reason for not banning going to work etc is to support the economy but surely if they are that concerned about rising cases, then ban the lot for a short period of time, regardless of the economic impact, get cases under control and then reopen. Saving Pret A Manger can’t be more important than people’s health. Does the virus not spread in the work place? Yes you could argue that people are more likely to social distance at work than at someone’s house but surely gathering outside which they have also banned for groups of 6+, is safer than going to an indoor office or wedding?

I think with last nights new legislation, we can kiss goodbye to having a proper Christmas, as I can’t see how cases are going to drop sufficiently (particularly as we get into the winter months) for them to be satisfied that the number of cases are low enough to relax the measure. The more serious the threat seems to us all, the more the fear will spread and the easier it will be for them to never return the Liberty we all once enjoyed.

Also, on a slightly different point, the cheek of Hancock this morning to blame people applying for tests who don’t need them as the reason for the testing shortage should show you how little they care about or respect us as citizens. It is HIS responsibility to ensure testing capacity is sufficient. I have read in several places that the way out of this is with mass, regular testing, symptoms or not, especially now given the spread is predominantly amongst the young, a lot of whom are asymptommatic. All they are doing is shifting the blame onto us, much like they did before by blaming ‘the science’. They are incompetent, have no clue what they are doing and it is time the general population started questioning any new restrictions that are imposed upon us

Rant over!

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Supposed to be going to a campsite in a couple weeks with a group larger than 6, that's not gonna happen now is it 🤔

Also off to Ashcombe Farm this weekend to spend a couple days there, thankfully that should be fine! 

I mean weren’t we supposed to only be meeting in groups of up to 6 anyway all this time?

Thats what I’ve been sticking to anyway?

3 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Will they ever be able to truly rule out a second, third, fourth wave even with a vaccine?

if a vaccine doesn't manage to eradicate it entirely, then eventually it becomes a virus we have to live with no differently to how we live with flu and loads of other stuff that has the potential to kill you but probably won't.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if a vaccine doesn't manage to eradicate it entirely, then eventually it becomes a virus we have to live with no differently to how we live with flu and loads of other stuff that has the potential to kill you but probably won't.

Planet Earth 1-0 Human Race

Covid19 2020’

The actual score is probably vastly in favour of the human race but the planet is certainly winning the current match. 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PMSL, what a w*nker.

Announced in HoC yesterday that the care home target has been met

11 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I mean weren’t we supposed to only be meeting in groups of up to 6 anyway all this time?

Pretty sure it's more from 2 households.

Clear as mud though and just gets better 🙂

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Unfortunately, other than smallpox, we haven't managed to eradicate anything through vaccination (Polio is mostly under control, but remains a problem from time to time in Africa and parts of the Middle East). So, it's probably unlikely that we'll get rid of it entirely. But as you said, vaccination for CoV will allow us to live with it and manage it. 

26 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

If Cummings and the government see how the majority of people are adhering to the legislation, why would they want to give people back those powers when we’ve all so freely sacrificed them?

Because it's fucking the economy and the one thing Tories care more about than control is money.

We've also seen how impossible to enforce, and how reliant they've been on optional compliance. I'd be more worried, if for instance, they'd introduced some sort of phone tracking system that was compulsory for leaving the house during the full lockdown. But we're not competent enough to develop something like that.

I think with last nights new legislation, we can kiss goodbye to having a proper Christmas, as I can’t see how cases are going to drop sufficiently (particularly as we get into the winter months) for them to be satisfied that the number of cases are low enough to relax the measure. 

There will be some hit to Christmas I think - we'll see similar rules to what they're bringing in now but a bit more relaxed - maybe maximum of 8 people from 4 households. They won't stop people seeing their families but they may want to stop the huge gatherings and mass movement that happens.

I think the new rules will backfire horrendously.

Because I think the takeaway from them will be people going "oh, we can freely meet with 5 other people indoors and out". The whole "but indoors only two households, and you still need to socially distance" bit will be lost.

Honestly I think that's the place where the rules have conflicted most with reality. Pubs and restaurants are distancing seating in groups, but if you arrive in a group with one other household (or two, or three) you're not really seated with 1-2m distance. As it's difficult to impossible to do that. Probably not much better at people's houses. If they actual made pubs and such enforce that rule though, no-one would go to them.

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PMSL, what a w*nker.

More (deliberate?) confusion. In lockdown areas we have been actively encouraged to get tested, symptoms or not - but it’s now our fault for overloading the system?

Also, once again, we are not there on the ‘world beating’ testing - point 3 on the screenshot

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/developing-nhs-test-and-trace-business-plan/breaking-chains-of-covid-19-transmission-to-help-people-return-to-more-normal-lives-developing-the-nhs-test-and-trace-service

6D8A8C0C-C319-459B-A060-5DD6784560DA.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Unfortunately, other than smallpox, we haven't managed to eradicate anything through vaccination (Polio is mostly under control, but remains a problem from time to time in Africa and parts of the Middle East). So, it's probably unlikely that we'll get rid of it entirely. But as you said, vaccination for CoV will allow us to live with it and manage it. 

Probably a silly question, but when a vaccine is found and readily available - will it require its own ‘jab’ - i.e. the elderly will be having two jabs each winter (one flu and one COVID-19), or would it be possible to bundle/package them both together into a one ‘super winter vaccine’?

Doncaster race course is literally across the road from my weekend and non-term time address. I can see the racecourse out of my bedroom window and can walk over to it in about three minutes. If St Leger goes ahead with 6000 people as has been said, we are absolutely fucked, both Donny and the country at large. Our cases up here were +19 last week compared to the week before and I’m sure it will shoot up further after the racing. 

Edited by Andre91