When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I really do think some Tory voters are completely stupid. 

Criticising there being a rise in infections in young people when...

you call them lazy for not going back to the office.

you open the pubs because the economy needs it

you make young people go out for dinner, shop, etc because the economy needs it.

They’ve managed to both beg young people to go out the house but now they want to criticise young people for having a higher chance of being infected. 

I honestly think some Tory supporters have 0 critical thinking skills. The inability to see the contradiction makes me want to cry.

”expose yourselves but don’t get infected”.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I really do think some Tory voters are completely stupid. 

Criticising there being a rise in infections in young people when...

you call them lazy for not going back to the office.

you open the pubs because the economy needs it

you make young people go out for dinner, shop, etc because the economy needs it.

They’ve managed to both beg young people to go out the house but now they want to criticise young people for having a higher chance of being infected. 

I honestly think some Tory supporters have 0 critical thinking skills. The inability to see the contradiction makes me want to cry.

”expose yourselves but don’t get infected”.

Some ? Should that not read all ? :) 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yep seeing examples of people from Denton where I live been told to go north Wales despite there being a test site just over a mile away from here!! :(

Wait until all the Universities go back round here?? It's gonna be a total shitshow!!

Edited by shoptildrop

At least at the university I work at, they have established their own in-house testing. Book appointment online, go to one of the labs, results in 24 hours. I'd imagine that other large universities will have similar facilities?

So I don't think the burden of students themselves is going to weigh so heavily on the national testing capacity as much as some are worried, but of course the tendency of young people/students to congregate will inevitably lead to further infections among the wider public.

6 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

I wish everyone would stop the blame game.  We are all in this shit and we are all trying to find our way through it.   We are now in "hammer and dance" mode.  This is how it was always going to be from the start.  

So we just accept ? I was doing that to start with ... giving the benefit of the doubt and hoping we would get things right ... 60,000 + excess deaths later ... I think people have an absolute right to blame ... don’t they ? 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So we just accept ? I was doing that to start with ... giving the benefit of the doubt and hoping we would get things right ... 60,000 + excess deaths later ... I think people have an absolute right to blame ... don’t they ? 

I don't know though...just leads to generalisations, and not sure if in the end helps, infacts just leads to even more divisions and anger. Like just blaming young people, or  certain ethnic minorities, or dirty mancs etc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

No we don't accept it, we plan for it.  But it isn't going away , vaccine is a mitigation but won't be available for a while.  So what do we do meantime?  Hammer and dance us the science approach has been from the start.  Protect the NHS from the tsunami,  throttle the cases to a manageable level.   You can't isolate for ever.

Full disclosure-  I am in a position to isolate and distance with limited impact personally. I am old. The younger generation have a future, don't blame them for trying to live their lifes.

Edited by Lizzim
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

No we don't accept it, we plan for it.  But it isn't going away , vaccine is a mitigation but won't be available for a while.  So what do we do meantime?  Hammer and dance us the science approach has been from the start.  Protect the NHS from the tsunami,  throttle the cases to a manageable level.   You can't isolate for ever.

Full disclosure-  I am in a position to isolate and distance with limited impact personally. I am old. The younger generation have a future, don't blame them for trying to live there lives.

Oh I’m not believe me ... there’s only one group of people getting blame here .. !! And they sit in the HOC 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

At least at the university I work at, they have established their own in-house testing. Book appointment online, go to one of the labs, results in 24 hours. I'd imagine that other large universities will have similar facilities?

So I don't think the burden of students themselves is going to weigh so heavily on the national testing capacity as much as some are worried, but of course the tendency of young people/students to congregate will inevitably lead to further infections among the wider public.

That's good to hear and I hope that is the case elsewhere

On a side note on lab capacity apparently the reason it's dropped is due to Universities need their equipment and labs back, so might be why they are struggle a bit at moment (along with increased case requirements)

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Oh I’m not believe me ... there’s only one group of people getting blame here .. !! 

I understand but in my heart of hearts I think most governments are like rabbits in headlights now. Only a very few are coping.

2 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

I understand but in my heart of hearts I think most governments are like rabbits in headlights now. Only a very few are coping.

Yep but they are the ones blaming people surely ? That’s the issue ... some humility where they make errors ... that works better with me anyway ... 

5 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

It works both ways. They didn’t have that mentality after the financial crash when governments round the world were scrambling and blamed Labour for years.