When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, eFestivals said:

perhaps not, but he'll be asking for identical things and using the available leverage he has to the same advantage as Trump.

The idea that a Biden victory somehow saves the UK from some of the worst aspects of brexit is very wrong.

yeah, I don't think it will make any difference to brexit...and any US trade deal. He is probably just a bit more reliable than Trump, more predictable. Must be a nightmare having to deal with Trump. But...we still don't know how Biden will act globally, in terms of Europe, UK, China etc etc.

Just now, eFestivals said:

perhaps not, but he'll be asking for identical things and using the available leverage he has to the same advantage as Trump.

The idea that a Biden victory somehow saves the UK from some of the worst aspects of brexit is very wrong.

We're past the point where anything saves us from the worst aspects of Brexit.

Up the swanny without a paddle, to deliberately mix metaphors.. "Fucked" more succinctly

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, I don't think it will make any difference to brexit...and any US trade deal. He is probably just a bit more reliable than Trump, more predictable. Must be a nightmare having to deal with Trump. But...we still don't know how Biden will act globally, in terms of Europe, UK, China etc etc.

He'd definitely be more pro NATO and EU. With China he'd probably amp up the stuff against the Muslim concentration camps as a way of continuing their cold War. Trump isn't, because he agrees with the camps and has told China its the right thing to do

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It will make a big difference as the Dems - who are traditionally the party of the Irish apparently - have already said that they won't sign a deal that doesn't respect the Good Friday Agreement. So that throws it all up in the air.

59 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is 5 coffees a day even healthy?! 

5 skinny soya decaf latte’s? 😀

They have to be collected at least half hour apart though so no one is gonna have 5 a day! 

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

It will make a big difference as the Dems - who are traditionally the party of the Irish apparently - have already said that they won't sign a deal that doesn't respect the Good Friday Agreement. So that throws it all up in the air.

I thought we were respecting GFA...no border on island of Ireland, but extra border restrictions between NI and GB?

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

He'd definitely be more pro NATO and EU. With China he'd probably amp up the stuff against the Muslim concentration camps as a way of continuing their cold War. Trump isn't, because he agrees with the camps and has told China its the right thing to do

All true, but Biden's likely pro EU stance will crush us poor fuckers just as much as Trump's supposed pro UK (USA first) stance .

Devil and Deep Blue Sea.

All our fault at the end of the day.

I'm going to live in Barbados.

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I thought we were respecting GFA...no border on island of Ireland, but extra border restrictions between NI and GB?

Good point - you may be correct. I've stepped back from reading it all recently/given up - I think my sub-conscious decided it would be handy for my sanity!

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The Germans at least had the excuse that under the Nazis they were all high as fuck on Meth when they built their concentration camps. The Chinese think they are in the ascendancy towards world domination and I think they are high on that alone. Quite why populations acquiesce to this is anybody's guess.  Trump loves authoritarians like Putin and Xi Jinping and if he could get away with it, he'd have his own camps. Thankfully, you would not get away with the sort of shit that goes on in China and Russia in the US or UK. There are enough of us left to oppose it, for now.

I was never advocating murder, I was saying it’s about time We bomb their illegals bases in the south China see and destroy the CCP and cripple its economy so we can liberate the Chinese people and install a democratic government.. not hate speech just what we should do a view shared by a lot of people. Anyway you can’t handle that because you support communism.

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Excellent round-up! The biggest news over the last couple of days was that the GSK/Sanofi clinical trials have started. If this generates a good immune response, then they are home and hosed as most parts of it have been in humans for years, so safety profile should be less of a worry. Be really interesting to see more data on the Moderna and Pfizer RNA vaccines, I've a mate who has seen it and says it's really impressive (I do trust him, he's hard to impress, but I'd still like to see it myself!). 

• Upvote 1