When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

It’s about time something is done about China, I’m hoping India go to war with them NATO join in and destroy their country. I hate communists but I hate them for what their doing to Muslims and how their destroying Hong Kong, there a bully and needs a good few MOABS dropped on them to sort them out and put them back into the place they came from. There is one China and that’s the republic of China Taiwan not the terrorists on the mainland 

3 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

Why should I? I’m merely stating the negatives the CCP are leading.  As an American and British citizden isn’t it about time We stand up to the global bully and put them out of action! Ww3 is coming and we need to prepare 

Honestly, purely selfish point of view I don't want to go to war personally and I would refuse if forced even if it meant jail or worse. I know it's bad what they're doing but it's not as if the UK and US are exactly innocent in the things they've done aroumd the world over the years (to muslims also) so I wouldn't assume we're on the side of good and righteous.

I get it's a bit different for you with family in Taiwan but to the average British person it isnt our job to join america in being the world police. We arent in direct danger of being taken over and invaded so it's not a WW2 situation. The only thing a war with China will bring is millions dead in the UK alone, and a destroyed planet.

The only way we'd have a chance going near China is with conscription and millions dead. 

Even if it was kept to conventional somehow, they would arm every man woman and child and we wouldn't have a chance of winning.

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

So testing figures for the last week have been updated and when plotted as a ratio of tests/positive cases the trend looks like this......it's certainly on an upwards trajectory, but the rate of increase remains gradual and doesn't seem to be accelerating.  I'd rather it was going the other way though....

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

1,735 cases today, the highest since 4th June.

We're creeping towards records from when they were mainly testing hospitalised people. But without the uptick in hospitalisations. I'm very much feeling quietly positive about things

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Got my Wellman multivitamins with 200% d3 stocked to get me to next summer! Partly to beat the rush when they finally tell people to do it and partly to avoid any Brexit supply issues! 

They won't! They've got vaccines to sell, and a covid test that is strangely called ID Now

IDNOW-LEFT-960x430.jpg

but don't worry Toilet Duck thinks it's a good idea so there's nothing to be concerned about.

Genuine question but what is so wrong with the u-turns. I personally prefer these than ploughing ahead with stuff that is just wrong. Seriously would we have not all welcomed a u-turn on the Cummings saga?

I bloody really dislike this government but fair is fair. I have no issue with them changing their mind so that we get a better outcome and by tarnishing this as bad is going to be surely worse in the long term (they may not change bad decisions due to concern about these connotations).

1 minute ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Genuine question but what is so wrong with the u-turns. I personally prefer these than ploughing ahead with stuff that is just wrong. Seriously would we have not all welcomed a u-turn on the Cummings saga?

I bloody really dislike this government but fair is fair. I have no issue with them changing their mind so that we get a better outcome and by tarnishing this as bad is going to be surely worse in the long term (they may not change bad decisions due to concern about these connotations).

for me its credibility .... They just seem like they dont have a control of anything or are able to make any decisions without people thinking that it might be changed at the whim of a Pm following a focus group .... a few u turns would be seen as acceptable but its the number that gives off a message of incompetence 

3 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

One or two and you can give a government the benefit of the doubt and say that they've 'listened to the public' etc. etc. However 12 u-turns in a relatively tiny period of political time is just a case of an incompetent government that doesn't know its arse from its elbow I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

The issue isn’t that they pull back from the terrible ideas, it’s that they have the terrible ideas in the first place, just shows terrible judgement. Bare in mind Cummings considers himself a genius!

Edited by Mr.Tease

5 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Genuine question but what is so wrong with the u-turns

One or two isn’t bad and shows that the government is listening to the people. 

Right now the government is just throwing tons of shit at the wall and if it doesn’t stick then they change their mind. 

Just proves how useless they are. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gizmoman said:

This has been known for months, I first mentioned Vitamin D at the beginning of April, and have been going on about it since. You would think the scientific community as a whole would be moving a bit faster than this, there were papers months ago proving the benefit of vitamin D, The BAME community in particular should have been advised to take Vitamin D by the government and their scientific advisers. So here is my advice again (for any that want to listen) get out in the sun if you can, and take vitamin D supplements throughout winter to boost your immune system and ward off the effects of covid and other diseases.

I’ll have a word and tell them to get a move on!😁

...more seriously though, the wait has been to produce the trial data to support it. Even hydroxychloroquine could still have legs if the inhaled trial data suggests a different route of administration could solve the problem of drug concentration in the lung being too low to show efficacy when delivered orally. But advocating these things as miracle cures without properly testing them is not best practice. 

24 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

They won't! They've got vaccines to sell, and a covid test that is strangely called ID Now

IDNOW-LEFT-960x430.jpg

but don't worry Toilet Duck thinks it's a good idea so there's nothing to be concerned about.

You caught me...I want your DNA so I can clone you! (Btw, the ID now test is a molecular test, the one we were taking about earlier is an antigen test...works on protein, no genetic data involved at all, but don’t let that knock the tinfoil hat off your head! 😜)...

edit: sorry, I’m being a bit smart. There’s nothing wrong with asking questions, it’s how we get answers. It does help if you are open to hearing the answer you get though. 

Edited by Toilet Duck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

The problem with so many U-turns is that it displays a complete lack of judgement, competency and organisation to begin with, otherwise they would have gotten it right the first time. 12/13 in such a short time is absolutely unseemly.

Change of topic: I was back to work today, teaching properly in school for the first time in 5 months. It was quite lovely to be back and was nowhere near as chaotic as I expected. From what I saw, all students were fully compliant and treated the regulations with respect. 

Teaching in a mask is bloody crap though. With me talking for pretty much an hour solid, it gets so hot and moist. It is optional at my school to wear one whilst teaching but I thought I’d try to persevere with it today as it meant I could walk around the front of the classroom a little more but after two lessons, I had to remove it. It was too much. The constant talking made the mask very wet, hot and uncomfortable. I have it a go, though! I’ll stick with wearing it everywhere outside of the classroom. 

Edited by Andre91

20 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Normally I'd be with you on this. I hate the phrase.  Changing your mind in light of new information is a good thing. But that isn't what's been happening here.  Pretty much every time it's been the case that the info is already there. But they've ignored or hidden it or deliberately misinterpreted it to fit a desired narrative. Then, when it comes out that they've hidden something, or the outcry is strong enough that even their biggest cheerleaders are turning on them, then we get the u-turn . And the fact it's happening so often isn't exactly reassuring 

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

You caught me...I want your DNA so I can clone you! (Btw, the ID now test is a molecular test, the one we were taking about earlier is an antigen test...works on protein, no genetic data involved at all, but don’t let that knock the tinfoil hat off your head! 😜)...

As you explained earlier it's linked to your mobile phone so your ID is used when presenting your test result to whoever requires it. The point is , that we have now decided to require the individual to PROVE they are fit to participate in society, there is another way, we can shield those that are at risk and  allow everyone else to continue to enjoy a free existence. If Covid 19 was as lethal has was suggested initially there may be some justification for draconian measures, but as time has gone on it has been shown to be about as lethal as the Flu, so there is no need to be requiring tests and ID to enter every public event.

In any event unless you have a robust system of identification, the system proposed won't work, tests could be faked by getting someone else to do it and swap phones, what if you have a swig of vodka before taking the saliva test? would that kill enough covid to pass? I suspect this system is less about medical safety and more about ID as the name suggests.

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

As you explained earlier it's linked to your mobile phone so your ID is used when presenting your test result to whoever requires it. The point is , that we have now decided to require the individual to PROVE they are fit to participate in society, there is another way, we can shield those that are at risk and  allow everyone else to continue to enjoy a free existence. If Covid 19 was as lethal has was suggested initially there may be some justification for draconian measures, but as time has gone on it has been shown to be about as lethal as the Flu, so there is no need to be requiring tests and ID to enter every public event.

In any event unless you have a robust system of identification, the system proposed won't work, tests could be faked by getting someone else to do it and swap phones, what if you have a swig of vodka before taking the saliva test? would that kill enough covid to pass? I suspect this system is less about medical safety and more about ID as the name suggests.

Not quite sure if you read my post, but ID doesn’t form part of the name of the rapid test at all. I don’t really know where to begin with the other stuff, but it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest (I don’t pay for gigs with laundered cash and use a fake name, so they can’t find out who I am if they really wanted to!)...when I get on a plane, they check my passport, which literally is ID, so again, I don’t see the problem. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wonder if I’m ok with this Abbott implant ? It’s linked to my phone after all !! 

81460243-9FDB-4AFA-8F0E-8FA8B9CAD6D3.jpeg

Fine as long as you requested it and it's a benefit to you, would you be happy if you had to be scanned by someone to determine your level and it was then THEIR decision wether you would be admitted to an event? Glastonbury for example? The problem with technology is who controls it and what use it it is put to.

29 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I’ll have a word and tell them to get a move on!😁

...more seriously though, the wait has been to produce the trial data to support it. Even hydroxychloroquine could still have legs if the inhaled trial data suggests a different route of administration could solve the problem of drug concentration in the lung being too low to show efficacy when delivered orally. But advocating these things as miracle cures without properly testing them is not best practice. 

What did you make of the paper I posted earlier?

Just now, gizmoman said:

Fine as long as you requested it and it's a benefit to you, would you be happy if you had to be scanned by someone to determine your level and it was then THEIR decision wether you would be admitted to an event? Glastonbury for example? The problem with technology is who controls it and what use it it is put to.

I’d be quite happy to take the rapid COVID test at home prior to, say, visiting my parents indoors. Would provide me with some reassurance that I’m not putting them at risk. There’s other practical interactions that the information would open up, rather than the sinister uses you seem to be suggesting...but anyway.

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

well in a way that happens already ... my levels are recorded and used to prove that im safe/able to drive ... so yep im ok with that ... it would have no relevance to my admission to glastonbury .... whereas a covid test would 

Edited by crazyfool1