When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Sdsm123 said:

It’s about time something is done about China, I’m hoping India go to war with them NATO join in and destroy their country. I hate communists but I hate them for what their doing to Muslims and how their destroying Hong Kong, there a bully and needs a good few MOABS dropped on them to sort them out and put them back into the place they came from. There is one China and that’s the republic of China Taiwan not the terrorists on the mainland 

Just no!! I agree with what they are doing with Muslims and HK is bad, but to actually want to kill a largely innocent population (its folk at the top making the decisions) is crazy and really bad you even saying this out loud tbh)

This is a terrible thing to say :( 

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Just no!! I agree with what they are doing with Muslims and HK is bad, but to actually want to kill a largely innocent population (its folk at the top making the decisions) is crazy and really bad you even saying this out loud tbh)

This is a terrible thing to say :( 

I said in a further post my comments are against the communist party not against the ordinary citizen! I’m sure they all really want the CCP gone! I would love the west to save the citizens of China and implement a democratic system. President Xi needs the death penalty for what he is doing to the Muslims it’s disgusting. Their military bases in the south China see is where I would drop bombs. Just look at what their doing to India right now.

Edited by Sdsm123

1 minute ago, Sdsm123 said:

I said in a further post my comments are against the communist party not against the ordinary citizen! I’m sure they all really want the CCP gone! I would love the west to save the citizens of China and implement a democratic system 

unfortunately dropping bombs especially nuclear ones they don't discriminate and cherry pick who dies :( 

Do you actually know anyone in China, understand the culture or been there?? You'd be surprised how many people are oblivious or don't see anything different to the controls over them as lived with it all their lives.... we only hear a snippet of what goes on there or what they actually think

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

unfortunately dropping bombs especially nuclear ones they don't discriminate and cherry pick who dies :(

Do you actually know anyone in China, understand the culture or been there?? You'd be surprised how many people are oblivious or don't see anything different to the controls over them as lived with it all their lives.... we only hear a snippet of what goes on there or what they actually think

Yes I have, I’ve been to shanghai and Beijing. I’ve also been to Hong Kong and Taiwan and my auntie is from Taiwan so I understand the culture. I wouldn’t want the ordinary citizen hurt. But I wouldn’t hesitate to destroy their bases in the south China see which they have militarised. I’ve also been on a tour to North Korea and that was just shocking actually felt so sorry for the poor people 

Edited by Sdsm123

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

image.thumb.png.c37703e030933123b941317fc38bb674.pngLess tests  -  more cases today.  Deaths and hospitalizations still low. 

Last time we were this high, there was a spike in a factory somewhere, anything like that today?

So testing figures for the last week have been updated and when plotted as a ratio of tests/positive cases the trend looks like this......it's certainly on an upwards trajectory, but the rate of increase remains gradual and doesn't seem to be accelerating.  I'd rather it was going the other way though....

Screenshot_20200903-180547_Sheets.jpg

Just now, Sdsm123 said:

Yes I have, I’ve been to shanghai and Beijing. I’ve also been to Hong Kong and Taiwan and my auntie is from Taiwan so I understand the culture. I wouldn’t want the ordinary citizen hurt. But I wouldn’t hesitate to destroy their bases in the south China see which they have militarised 

Okay fair enough but as someone who has friends, colleagues and worked with around SE Asia and China for nearly 20 years (my last job my team of 6 was based there).. I don't think bombing a superpower like China and starting a war is a sensible thing to do and it's not something anyone benefits from - I'm sure you think they might be benefits but seriously I could not agree less tbh

You do realise how much stuff we buy from them? I know folk say boycott and buy British made (which would be great to see increase and revival of industries) but realistically we don't have the resource to produce the same volumes they do hence why our need for consumerism is satisfied via SE Asia - we want they provide

Businesses would not see UK as attractive option for most goods as we are simply too expensive, shit I know but that's the reality

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Okay fair enough but as someone who has friends, colleagues and worked with around SE Asia and China for nearly 20 years (my last job my team of 6 was based there).. I don't think bombing a superpower like China and starting a war is a sensible thing to do and it's not something anyone benefits from - I'm sure you think they might be benefits but seriously I could not agree less tbh

You do realise how much stuff we buy from them? I know folk say boycott and buy British made (which would be great to see increase and revival of industries) but realistically we don't have the resource to produce the same volumes they do hence why our need for consumerism is satisfied via SE Asia - we want they provide

Businesses would not see UK as attractive option for most goods as we are simply too expensive, shit I know but that's the reality

Appreciate your points, but I feel we need to be ethical about where we source our goods, is wrong that sweat shops exist.

Just now, Sdsm123 said:

Appreciate your points, but I feel we need to be ethical about where we source our goods, is wrong that sweat shops exist.

I work in quality and ethical compliance, that's basically my job and making the assumption that every factory in SE Asia is a sweat shop is a common misconception of people who don't tend to work with supply chain and factories.

I'm not saying sweat shops don't exist, but I will say in the 23 years I've worked in the industry the worst factory I have reviewed was actually in Leicester, don't be fooled by location

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hearing they’re going to do a u-turn on the “back to work” campaign. They won’t formally advise working from home again, but they’re going to row back the campaign to get people back into offices. 

Yep :lol:

11 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I work in quality and ethical compliance, that's basically my job and making the assumption that every factory in SE Asia is a sweat shop is a common misconception of people who don't tend to work with supply chain and factories.

I'm not saying sweat shops don't exist, but I will say in the 23 years I've worked in the industry the worst factory I have reviewed was actually in Leicester, don't be fooled by location

Really, that’s highly interesting, what mad the factory in lecester so bad if you don’t mind me asking 

1 minute ago, Sdsm123 said:

Really, that’s highly interesting, what mad the factory in lecester so bad if you don’t mind me asking 

It was a long time ago but it was H&S issues and the layout was very dangerous, they were also trying to hide workers and prevent access to areas which is always a warning sign... there was other stuff but can't remember it always sticked though

I will say though H&S and compliance rules and regs have really improved over the years which is a good thing as having these things in law help on implementation rather than being just best practice. This is a good thing out of the EU universal practice which minimises different rules - I dread to think how this will all change as already causing chaos now especially around chemical and safety compliance, but that's a conversation for another day...

It bugs me when people moan about H&S gone mad (especially older folk I'm afraid who remember the good ole days) but it really helps people's safety and it has reduced deaths and injuries which is the whole point

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

It was a long time ago but it was H&S issues and the layout was very dangerous, they were also trying to hide workers and prevent access to areas which is always a warning sign... there was other stuff but can't remember it always sticked though

I will say though H&S and compliance rules and regs have really improved over the years which is a good thing as having these things in law help on implementation rather than being just best practice. This is a good thing out of the EU universal practice which minimises different rules - I dread to think how this will all change as already causing chaos now especially around chemical and safety compliance, but that's a conversation for another day...

It bugs me when people moan about H&S gone mad (especially older folk I'm afraid who remember the good ole days) but it really helps people's safety and it has reduced deaths and injuries which is the whole point

Thanks for sharing, I guess all rules are there to protect the workers first

On 4/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, gizmoman said:

It's important that people get sunlight to make vitamin D, that is vital for your immune system, if you are staying at home at least sit on your doorstep and get some sunshine this weekend. Even an hour of sunshine will boost your vitamin D levels.

26 minutes ago, zahidf said:

This has been known for months, I first mentioned Vitamin D at the beginning of April, and have been going on about it since. You would think the scientific community as a whole would be moving a bit faster than this, there were papers months ago proving the benefit of vitamin D, The BAME community in particular should have been advised to take Vitamin D by the government and their scientific advisers. So here is my advice again (for any that want to listen) get out in the sun if you can, and take vitamin D supplements throughout winter to boost your immune system and ward off the effects of covid and other diseases.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

This has been known for months, I first mentioned Vitamin D at the beginning of April, and have been going on about it since. You would think the scientific community as a whole would be moving a bit faster than this, there were papers months ago proving the benefit of vitamin D, The BAME community in particular should have been advised to take Vitamin D by the government and their scientific advisers. So here is my advice again (for any that want to listen) get out in the sun if you can, and take vitamin D supplements throughout winter to boost your immune system and ward off the effects of covid and other diseases.

Got my Wellman multivitamins with 200% d3 stocked to get me to next summer! Partly to beat the rush when they finally tell people to do it and partly to avoid any Brexit supply issues!