When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Mate you're the one who had a massive tantrum about being downvoted the other day. You really need to learn to take what you dish out. 

I don’t class having to call my mental health crisis team a tantrum

7 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Topic getting a bit hostile so I have a question instead to change the mood.

Does anyone know if wearing glasses/sunglasses reduces risk of getting corona? I’ve heard somewhere the infected droplets can go into your eyes, and weatherspoons we’re providing it’s staff with goggles, so I was wondering whether wearing glasses would help reduce the risk at all should cases spike again? 😅

Good idea.

It can technically enter by your eyes. but seems to be dramatically less likely than through your nose or mouth.

So no, don't wear sunglasses. Focus on better handwashing, social distancing and maskwearing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Get the feeling this is going to get massively trumpeted then it will transpire in the second weekend of November that it can’t be distributed for safety reasons. But it will have done its job of electing Trump by then. 

It genuinely terrifies me that enough people will vote based on Trump "delivering" a vaccine as if he's the scientist that created it, when he's just rushed through on emergency powers without the proper tests, risking killing or permanently damaging a lot of people. It is the most transparent thing ever and it will work like a dream for him. I doubt it'd even work over here, which says a lot about his target audience....

Biden seems like a terrible choice too - it's almost as bad as our election last year, and will likely have the same result but a little closer. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Sdsm123 said:

You're not the only one with mental health issues so as others have said countless times maybe just don't be so antagonistic with people and you will have an easier time here. If it's really having a bad effect on your mental health probably best take a break.

2 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Interesting article here on exactly how covid operates once in the body and why it's becoming viewed as a vascular disease rather than a respiratory one. 

https://elemental.medium.com/a-supercomputer-analyzed-covid-19-and-an-interesting-new-theory-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63

Wow great article and very scary at the same time. Can't believe way back I thought it was just like the flu 🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

Be less hostile / and take the advice given / it’s usefull stuff often / I can attest to that and from a mental health point of view all of the above helps ... I’ve given as much help as I’m able and some you won’t know about with backup where I could . A new account will be the same so posting on here will be no different  ... you will still not like the anti Tory posts ... I wish you luck in sorting your issues but stopping being an asshole to others should be the first thing on your list ... that’s not a mental health issue that’s a fundemental choice , respect is a word that is very much needed in these tough times 

5 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Should I get a n95 mask if I’m taking public transport this Sunday and where do I get one?

No, and you wouldnt properly use it anyway. Health care workers get trained and have to go through a pretty strict test to make sure they know how to use an N95. You cant just purchase one in whatever size thats supposed to fit and think its going to work like a charm.  

So yeah, if youre that concerned over being in close quarters maybe dont used public transport or just double mask yourself, get a faceshield and gloves if youre that worried. Might end up looking like you're overdoing it but if you need to feel that safe, might as well go overboard.

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Am I missing something or is that article from May? 

Oh that's strange, I heard it on the radio this morning so I googled it and that was the result that came up from 1 hour ago , so don't know what's happened 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just now, gazzared said:

Oh that's strange, I heard it on the radio this morning so I googled it and that was the result that came up from 1 hour ago , so don't know what's happened 🤷🏼‍♂️

Haha don't worry, just found reference to it in this Guardian article:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/02/mass-weekly-covid-19-testing-of-population-to-be-trialled-in-england?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

So it is very definitely still a thing 🙂

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Haha don't worry, just found reference to it in this Guardian article:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/02/mass-weekly-covid-19-testing-of-population-to-be-trialled-in-england?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

So it is very definitely still a thing 🙂

Thanks sozza about that haha 🤦‍♂️

I only caught half of the BBC News interview with him this morning, but Hancock seemed more bullish and spiky than before. They seem to have come back from the break trying to appear more ‘assertive’?

He was asked how he’d feel/what he’d be saying if Corbyn had won the election and performed 12 u-turns. He just laughed and said ‘that would be awful’.
41,514 deaths so far in the UK.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53990068

"People with symptoms living in London are being directed between 50 and 135 miles away, including to testing sites in Cardiff and the Isle of Wight"

Hard to see how they'll get to testing everyone weekly...

I gather it's by using different tests. I don't think they'll be doing the PCR test on everyone weekly, there just isn't the capacity to do it...the rapid tests do make repeated, frequent testing a possibility though (and something I have thought for a while was the necessary route back to normality in the absence of a vaccine or a blockbuster treatment). Interesting to see this finally getting some traction (and it raises my confidence yet again that we'll be sipping cider in Somerset next summer!). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

"People with symptoms living in London are being directed between 50 and 135 miles away, including to testing sites in Cardiff and the Isle of Wight"

It's not just Londoners, someone I know up here in Edinburgh was told to go to Inverness for theirs.

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Eyesight in the country will never have been tested as much though. Swings and roundabouts...

Just now, mcshed said:

It's not just Londoners, someone I know up here in Edinburgh was told to go to Inverness for theirs.

Meanwhile in sleepy Taunton we have 2 test centres for a population where cases are low and we have a comparatively low population compared with some of the U.K. cities !!