When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

20 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Not like I can submit without getting mass downvoted hounded for being a Tory works a few ways buddy 

I don't think you're a troll, but you could make life so much simpler if you didn't downvote people for criticising the PM. Downvote them for calling you a troll, downvote them for starting a thread entitled "Daft Punk Headlining" that asked if anyone thinks Daft Punk will headline, downvote them for being antisocial or laughing about drowning kittens, but downvoting someone for criticising Boris Johnson gets nobody anywhere.  Apart from anything else, read the room man!

And don't downvote Ozanne, you both seem to be both strong minded and sensitive and just make each other unhappy whenever you interact.

By all means debate us and build a case for the PM, but recognise that downvoting is generally for when someone is not arguing in good faith, not when they've made arguments you don't believe can be substantiated.

I absolutely believe you're in good faith here, but you just need to tweak the way you're interacting. I welcome some counter points to the prevailing wisdom on here, even if I'm largely on board with the leftie sentiments.

2 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

I’m making a new account fresh start and not coming out as Tory or gay as to not offend the stalins on this group

Or you could address any of the points some of us have made to you this evening, instead of replying with irrelevant, inflammatory trolling.

10 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

I’m making a new account fresh start and not coming out as Tory or gay as to not offend the stalins on this group

Your missing the point entirely and now your trying to act like the victim 🤷🏼‍♂️

Upvotes downvotes turn the beat around votes. Who cares ppl.

As much as I disagree with @Sdsm123 on politics, if your self esteem is informed by the votes you accrue on your posts on a forum about a music festival that didnt even happen this year you gotta take a break man. Enough of this ’cyber bullying’ drivel. Nobodies bullying anyone. Crack on @Sdsm123. I think variety is the spice of life and I enjoy a shit stirrer. I even miss jimbarkanoodle tbh.

19 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Because I’m avoiding this forum as it’s full of communists 

P.S. Wait until you see what goes on at glastonbury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Upvotes downvotes turn the beat around votes. Who cares ppl.

As much as I disagree with @Sdsm123 on politics, if your self esteem is informed by the votes you accrue on your posts on a forum about a music festival that didnt even happen this year you gotta take a break man. Enough of this ’cyber bullying’ drivel. Nobodies bullying anyone. Crack on @Sdsm123. I think variety is the spice of life and I enjoy a shit stirrer. I even miss jimbarkanoodle tbh.

P.S. Wait until you see what goes on at glastonbury.

Finally someone understands it’s a bloody forum not a Masonic meeting in the grand lodge

4 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Finally someone understands it’s a bloody forum not a Masonic meeting in the grand lodge

It's the fact that for month's and month's you always single out the same person with downvotes , even though everyone posts comments which not everyone agrees with which is great because everyone then debates/discusses et etc so don't try and now twist everything around .... Bloody hell 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, gazzared said:

It's the fact that for month's and month's you always single out the same person with downvotes , even though everyone posts comments which not everyone agrees with which is great because everyone then debates/discusses et etc so don't try and now twist everything around .... Bloody hell 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Because said person has the strongest opinion and sees it one way only, I’ve had numerous private messages of support critiquing said person as being obnoxious when it comes to politics.. like said before it’s a forum if you can’t handle being downvoted then perhaps make less degrading comments. 

reminds me of east Berlin when Stalin enters the room and everyone claps then the baker stops clapping and gets shot for doing so!

Edited by Sdsm123
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Because said person has the strongest opinion and sees it one way only, I’ve had numerous private messages of support critiquing said person as being obnoxious when it comes to politics.. like said before it’s a forum if you can’t handle being downvoted then perhaps make less degrading comments. 

reminds me of east Berlin when Stalin enters the room and everyone claps then the baker stops clapping and gets shot for doing so!

Downvoting is booing, not failing to clap. Debate him! And not in a Monty Python "no it isn't" way!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Downvoting is booing, not failing to clap. Debate him! And not in a Monty Python "no it isn't" way!

This very point has been explained and spelled out to him by other members over and over again but he still downvotes for no good reason. 

Topic getting a bit hostile so I have a question instead to change the mood.

Does anyone know if wearing glasses/sunglasses reduces risk of getting corona? I’ve heard somewhere the infected droplets can go into your eyes, and weatherspoons we’re providing it’s staff with goggles, so I was wondering whether wearing glasses would help reduce the risk at all should cases spike again? 😅