When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

So general consensus is cases up, no major increase in hospitalizations or deaths?

Well, sounds like there are more people on ventilators, which isn't a great sign, although I'm not sure by how much.

I was quoting an account that explicitly attempts to cherry pick good news, even if they do try to ensure accuracy.  I wouldn't rely on them for a balanced view of how the data is changing.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Well, sounds like there are more people on ventilators, which isn't a great sign, although I'm not sure by how much.

I was quoting an account that explicitly attempts to cherry pick good news, even if they do try to ensure accuracy.  I wouldn't rely on them for a balanced view of how the data is changing.

you need to post tweets from "Cornavirus Bad News" for balance.

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

82 on ventilator beds up from 69.

6 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Has there been any rises of this size recently or is it an increase to keep an eye on? 

Highest its been for about a month....looks like mainly driven up by an increase in Wales over the past week.  England figures reasonably stable and if anything down on past few weeks.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wonder what all these Northern Labour strongholds are doing to spread the virus more than the rest of the country...

Sounds like Birmingham could be next, and....oh look who leads that council too...

I jest. A bit. They aren't competent enough for some grand conspiracy to test more in those areas but there is certainly a correlation in Labour and virus spikes. 

It is quite a big jump. My parents are technically Cheshire West but I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you where the border is - if Wirral council area gets locked down on its own and they don't do the one next door as well it's utterly pointless.

Yeah we had none last week , I follow this tracker and we've had quite a lot of positive tests this week but with restaurants packed Mon,tue,wed and Cheshire oaks absolutely heaving it's to be expected.

https://phe.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=47574f7a6e454dc6a42c5f6912ed7076

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Just watched PMQs (was busy at lunchtime). Jesus, Johnson didn't spend his month off practising/coming up with any new schtick did he?

It's probably the worst one yet!! They don't seem to care as the "right" titbits get shared on social media to put down the opposition as doomsters :( 

32 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s being said this was one of Johnson’s worst PMQs. He was made to look very foolish by the Speaker and Starmer is just much better at this than him. Starmer is gaining in confidence all the time as well. 

😝😝😝

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s being said this was one of Johnson’s worst PMQs. He was made to look very foolish by the Speaker and Starmer is just much better at this than him. Starmer is gaining in confidence all the time as well. 

Upvoted to cancel out the sad troll 👍

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Should the pm not be open to being analysed then ? Isn’t that something he signed up to ? 

No he should but not every minute of every day.. plus it’s just a biased opinion anyway but we are made to believe it as fact 

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

No he should but not every minute of every day.. plus it’s just a biased opinion anyway but we are made to believe it as fact 

So what were the standouts of his performance ? In my biased opinion I also thought he was dreadful today opinion seen as fact ? Surely opinion by definition is just that 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

It’s a fact. If you don’t think he comes across as a bumbling idiot you’re biased.

1 minute ago, Sdsm123 said:

Boris Johnson is a lazy, self obsessed liar who has consistently failed upwards until ending up as Prime Minister of this country, a role for which it is increasingly apparent he is wholly unsuited. 

That is my biased opinion. My unbiased opinion is that Ozanne was being much fairer. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Sorry what? I’ve barely commented on the PM in days. Others have criticised the PMs performance today, so why just downvote me?

I thought we had covered this and you weren’t going to troll? The cycle continues.

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry what? I’ve barely commented on the PM in days. Others have criticised the PMs performance today, so why just downvote me?

I thought we had covered this and you weren’t going to troll? The cycle continues.

Because I found your comment unfair with no substance