- Fewer hospitalisations
- Less requirement for ventilators for those admitted to hospital
- Fewer deaths
- Increase in drugs proven to help those seriously ill
- Confidence in the oxford vaccine

All sounds good to me...

Edited by JoeyT

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

more that their donors wouldn't - they'll all be insisting it gets passed onto the normal person. 

It always gets passed onto the 'normal person', directly or otherwise. 

As a small business owner whose business has been battered this year, higher corporation tax would be hugely disappointing to deal with.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Big increase of cases in the Wirral.

Wonder what all these Northern Labour strongholds are doing to spread the virus more than the rest of the country...

Sounds like Birmingham could be next, and....oh look who leads that council too...

I jest. A bit. They aren't competent enough for some grand conspiracy to test more in those areas but there is certainly a correlation in Labour and virus spikes. 

It is quite a big jump. My parents are technically Cheshire West but I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you where the border is - if Wirral council area gets locked down on its own and they don't do the one next door as well it's utterly pointless.

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wonder what all these Northern Labour strongholds are doing to spread the virus more than the rest of the country...

Sounds like Birmingham could be next, and....oh look who leads that council too...

I jest. A bit. They aren't competent enough for some grand conspiracy to test more in those areas but there is certainly a correlation in Labour and virus spikes. 

It is quite a big jump. My parents are technically Cheshire West but I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you where the border is - if Wirral council area gets locked down on its own and they don't do the one next door as well it's utterly pointless.

generally poorer areas?

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

It always gets passed onto the 'normal person', directly or otherwise. 

As a small business owner whose business has been battered this year, higher corporation tax would be hugely disappointing to deal with.

was thinking more the massive corporations who still won't be asked to pay any tax. 

As a sole trader freelancer I expect to be shafted - they've shown exactly what they think of us with the assistance scheme https://www.excludeduk.org/excluded-taxpayers  (I didn't need it thankfully) but - all the rhetoric from the government at the time was that we dodge tax anyway so I expect the upcoming hikes to affect us badly. I resigned myself to 50%+ tax as soon as I saw the extent of the furlough scheme.