When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sick of being told to "get back to work". I've worked every bloody weekday since mid March, give or take one or two, and I'm fucking knackered thanks very much. Just because I didn't get on a train to do it doesn't mean I haven't been working.

I agree totally! 👍🏻
think I’ve worked harder from home than when being based in the office!! On the phone is much harder than doing face to face home visits and sessions! You are completely reliant on what they verbally tell you and can’t you use any of the other skills like body language, observation and smell! The fall out from this within our job is going to be huge!!! 
I take my hat off to anyone who is over the phone based at work!! It’s not easy!!! 

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

Nicola Sturgeon putting herself under lockdown, can’t see any tories doing that. 

https://twitter.com/nicolasturgeon/status/1301059332675637248?s=21

Except our great and noble Prime Minister, who has spent huge swathes of this year isolating himself from any form of accountability or responsibility.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Unfortunately, the 4/10 was probably the same 4/10 who were going out anyway. :P 

Yeah. I just checked opentable’s data - germany and ireland have also seen big rebounds in restaurant bookings in the period despite not having that scheme.

12 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Greece added to Scotland’s quarantine list. Absolute farce. Greece’s 7 day rate per 100,000 is 14.0 (this is a decrease over the last week) whereas UK has an increasing rate of cases and hit 13.9 today.

If UK gov follow suit then it’s just bonkers, Portugal is fair enough as their 7 day average has hit 22.3 but I thought the threshold was 20.0 per 100,000 over 7 days, why are scotland quarantining Greece with a case rate of 14 just because some cases were traced back to a flight from Greece (cases will be coming back from flights from everywhere!)

Looking at these figures doesn't really make sense in this situation.

The decision to add countries to the quarantine list needs to take into consideration the rate of infection (or best estimate) within tourist hotspots.

Across the entire country of Greece, the rate of infection may not be that high but in tourist hotspots, like Zante, Rhodes, etc, it could be high enough to warrant quarantining. 

Comparing countries' nationwide figures in respect of quarantining tourists doesn't paint the full picture.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Excellent point. You would hope that as we continue to go through this the regional approach internationally  (I.e. the travel corridors the Portuguese speak of) will come in for some consideration soon. May be a logistical nightmare and understand that it requires a lot of thought but appetite to travel at the moment must be very low given recent quarantine measures.

Regional quarantines might make sense for those travelling to France by car, but seem pointless for anywhere else. Yes, you stayed in a region with very few cases but you went to the same airport and got the same plane as people who had gone clubbing in the capital.

The only marginally sensible way would be do it via airport of origin, but then you will get people travelling half way across the country to avoid quarantine by flying from a different airport.

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Regional quarantines might make sense for those travelling to France by car, but seem pointless for anywhere else. Yes, you stayed in a region with very few cases but you went to the same airport and got the same plane as people who had gone clubbing in the capital.

The only marginally sensible way would be do it via airport of origin, but then you will get people travelling half way across the country to avoid quarantine by flying from a different airport.

With any of the measures there are loopholes. It’s about bringing down the general rate of infection and minimising imported cases, not catching every single imported case. 

13 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Am planning on going to Sicily on 13th September for a week, one of our Glastonbury crew runs a BnB there and he's closing it for some of our Glasto mob to head over. Having been locked down in a flat on my own all summer I'd really appreciate the break away and the ability to spend a prolonged period of time with friends and with people for company in general.

Nice. Whereabouts? I absolutely love Sicily

MP: What should I say to all the people in industries that can't go back to work, creative, hospitality etc etc. 
Boris: We've helped the creative sector with 1.5 billion pounds. They will be more appy and better off if the uk economy recovers from people going back to work. 

A. I wish they could follow questions. How does the the injection into music venues and theatres, help the employees of those sectors.
B. Boris is literally telling people who have no chance of going back to their own jobs, simply to go back to work as if it's up to them. 

He is wishing unemployment on people.