When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Am planning on going to Sicily on 13th September for a week, one of our Glastonbury crew runs a BnB there and he's closing it for some of our Glasto mob to head over. Having been locked down in a flat on my own all summer I'd really appreciate the break away and the ability to spend a prolonged period of time with friends and with people for company in general.

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Greece added to Scotland’s quarantine list. Absolute farce. Greece’s 7 day rate per 100,000 is 14.0 (this is a decrease over the last week) whereas UK has an increasing rate of cases and hit 13.9 today.

If UK gov follow suit then it’s just bonkers, Portugal is fair enough as their 7 day average has hit 22.3 but I thought the threshold was 20.0 per 100,000 over 7 days, why are scotland quarantining Greece with a case rate of 14 just because some cases were traced back to a flight from Greece (cases will be coming back from flights from everywhere!)

Apparently Test & Protect (Scottish version of Test & Trace) has identified multiple Scottish clusters that have started by people coming back from Greece. The concern isn’t so much the infection rate in Greece but the fact that there are a lot of Scots over there bringing the disease back with them just now. They’ve acted to shut it down quickly as a precaution. 

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

The continuing contradiction of "Get to work" Vs "we must really seek to avoid a second wave as we are seeing across the continent". The whole messaging from the government is an absolute shitshow. 

Edited by reflekting

3 minutes ago, reflekting said:

The continuing contradiction of "Get to work" Vs "we must really seek to avoid a second wave as we are seeing across the continent". The whole messaging from the government is an absolute shitshow. 

It’s because many Tory voters are going to be out of pocket soon as people prefer to work from home rather than expensive trips into the city centres. 

As always personal profit is more important than public health. 

25 minutes ago, reflekting said:

yeah, I mean how can we have everyone back to work and social distancing...not sure that is possible. Most offices would need to have 50% capacity at most for this...and then there's the issue of public transport.

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Unfortunately, the 4/10 was probably the same 4/10 who were going out anyway. :P 

Nah, in all seriousness I think it's had a great effect of convincing people that it's safe(ish) to go out, and i think that was an important thing to achieve on the road back to some sort of normality. Bristol city centre was about back to normal on Saturday.

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Unfortunately, the 4/10 was probably the same 4/10 who were going out anyway. :P 

Nah, in all seriousness I think it's had a great effect of convincing people that it's safe(ish) to go out, and i think that was an important thing to achieve on the road back to some sort of normality. Bristol city centre was about back to normal on Saturday.

Yeah, a decent policy for once and one i think other countries should look at to help with their hospitality issues

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Bristol city centre was about back to normal on Saturday.

Hello mate, can I pick your brains, please?

I'm going to Bristol to meet some friends this weekend, as a replacement for EOTR 

What's the score there at the moment, do you need to reserve tables in pubs etc? Or can you just walk in, all spontaneous?

5 minutes ago, danmarks said:

You can walk in most if there's any spaces but that's the bit that can be a pain especially weekends. What part are you thinking of?

Thanks for the response. Pretty central, I guess. Staying down on the harbourside. Don't really know Bristol that well, unfortunately

Edited by Mardy
a

57 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sick of being told to "get back to work". I've worked every bloody weekday since mid March, give or take one or two, and I'm fucking knackered thanks very much. Just because I didn't get on a train to do it doesn't mean I haven't been working.

It's doubly insulting when you look at how bad they let the state of certain transport links get into. A few empty promises around election time then absolutely shafting the lot of us with price hikes, route closures and overcrowding. In may a couple of years ago all the major rail networks decided to change their timetables and it was chaos across the country for well over a month. Outside of London trying to cross travel across bus/tram/train is still mad expensive because it's all divided up between private companies. But it was fine because everyone literally had to do it, there was no other way. Now there is another way and they're crying about us not rushing back to the olden days? They can fuck off.

I've worked from home for a while now and at this point am actually looking to move into an office but it still pisses me off. Seems like such an easy way to cut carbon emissions as well.

If you are staying harbourside ish theres probably enough there that youll get in without booking. If you dont mind bit of a walk zero degrees was taking bookings (park row) and that was quite well organised. Couple of weeks ago tho so may have changed. If you do wetherspoons there's a couple in easy walking distance and they are pretty much a free for all until tables are full.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

unless it causes a 2nd wave of course...then not so good...

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sick of being told to "get back to work". I've worked every bloody weekday since mid March, give or take one or two, and I'm fucking knackered thanks very much. Just because I didn't get on a train to do it doesn't mean I haven't been working.

Yup. Preach it hun.

I feel like I’ve watched a whole summer pass and I haven’t had a break.