When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

How are people so blind to what Fox News are doing here?

Fox news are trying to scare their following into voting trump again. Make it look like Biden is a threat

I don’t mean to be rude but why every few weeks do you seem to panic and leap to some wild conclusion about something? You’ve done this about Trump a few weeks ago as well. Just go by the information that you can see at the current time not what you are anxiously worried might happen. 

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t mean to be rude but why every few weeks do you seem to panic and leap to some wild conclusion about something? You’ve done this about Trump a few weeks ago as well. Just go by the information that you can see at the current time not what you are anxiously worried might happen. 

4AB80E78-B920-493F-B6E0-5B30EDD89D9D.jpeg.c2224cd25cf3da82e191ebd90c92d70c.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It'd be OK if there was something to it, but just saying the polls are wrong (without properly explaining why) and that trump is 100% going to win is a little repetitive 

Just now, zahidf said:

It'd be OK if there was something to it, but just saying the polls are wrong (without properly explaining why) and that trump is 100% going to win is a little repetitive 

The polls were actually correct in 2016 within the 3% margin of error as well so if the same happened this year it’d be a Biden Presidency. 

17 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

So I want to go back to normal gigs soon as much as the next man, but just been invited to this FB group (I've declined) and I can't believe people still think like this!! current has just over 800 members :huh:

Legal 1.jpg

Legal 2.jpg

Forget the stupidity of what he’s saying... Why would anyone choose that font?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Not expecting anything else but downvotes TBH! However, to clarify I did so "almost" no effect, if you cough or sneeze while wearing the mask it will reduce the velocity and spread of the particles, having said that if you are coughing and sneezing you shouldn't be out in public anyway in the present circumstances.

Hay fever is pretty common in the UK. 

7 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Covid 19 is new but the way it is spread is not

That's really not the case. In fact the way it spreads has been one of the most surprising things about the whole virus - especially around how viral load has a big impact on the severity of the infection. 

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

So I want to go back to normal gigs soon as much as the next man, but just been invited to this FB group (I've declined) and I can't believe people still think like this!! current has just over 800 members :huh:

While not quite as bad as that, I am starting to see stuff from people who should really know better, saying that gigs "should be allowed" again, as if it's the rules that's stopping them happening, and not a deadly virus. I appreciate when it's your livelihood you might feel that way but it does seem to be missing the point somewhat.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

While not quite as bad as that, I am starting to see stuff from people who should really know better, saying that gigs "should be allowed" again, as if it's the rules that's stopping them happening, and not a deadly virus. I appreciate when it's your livelihood you might feel that way but it does seem to be missing the point somewhat.

I dont know about you but I'm seeing the same phrase such a scamdemic being used across FB which suggests same folk spreading this shit..

I'm thankful whilst case rises don't seem to be reflecting into hospitalizations / deaths in the UK, this thing is worldwide but unfortunately a contingent of little Britain forget that :(

6 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I dont know about you but I'm seeing the same phrase such a scamdemic being used across FB which suggests same folk spreading this shit..

I'm thankful whilst case rises don't seem to be reflecting into hospitalizations / deaths in the UK, this thing is worldwide but unfortunately a contingent of little Britain forget that :(

yeah, like it's some sort of conspiracy to make our lives shit by the evil overlords or something.

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

There’s that dead cat again. None of it is sticking.

it's more than a dead cat, it's an attempt to stoke up a culture war in much the same way as Trump is doing.

Spaffer did the same with statues, and did the same with backing out of May's commitment for trans self-recognition.

22 hours ago, steviewevie said:

she was answering the question asked by the news bloke.

I expect some families actually are worried about their kids.

Absolutely this. Parents are worried about their kids, to varying degrees, even knowing statistically they are far safer.

Thus the burden of parental anxiety... Our toddler goes back to nursery in the school next week. I’m pretty chilled about it, my partner is a nervous wreck. 

9 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Hay fever is pretty common in the UK. 

That's really not the case. In fact the way it spreads has been one of the most surprising things about the whole virus - especially around how viral load has a big impact on the severity of the infection. 

I mean, if the government changed tack tomorrow and relaxed all the rules on gatherings, would you go to non socially distanced gigs? I think I would. That’s how much I miss them. 

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I mean, if the government changed tack tomorrow and relaxed all the rules on gatherings, would you go to non socially distanced gigs? I think I would. That’s how much I miss them. 

I know you didn’t ask me but I wouldn’t. I’m not doing much at all even those restrictions allow. Partly due to personal fear but partly as I don’t know if it’s the right thing to do. 

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Not a chance. I don't think most people would either - at least not enough to make it economically viable.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

At the moment, no. As much as I want to, no.  Two of my favourite things are rugby and live music.  The guidance on what we can do at training has changed, but I'm not comfortable with it against what the world looks like right now and the health of those around me, so I'm still keeping my distance and doing my own thing. As much as I'd love to join in properly, it's just not the top priority right now.

Same applies to gigs. It's killing me, but I'd rather wait and be able to do it properly than go in, enjoy a couple of gigs and then go back into lockdown or end up as a transmission vector to someone vulnerable I care about :(

31 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I'm under extra restrictions in the North so I wouldn't. But if I was in Cornwall which has no cases then I probably would. 

It'd depend on the risk factor of the area i5 live in.