When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

41 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Nieces and Nephews are the answer, best of both worlds. You get the sweetness, playtime and fun but they can back to the parent for serious stuff!

I've no chance of that, I'm an only child. My parents got it right first time 😝 (far from true, actually I was a big mistake/surprise)

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Same for vegetarianism and air travel too.

My issue is that those issues often get cited as how to make a change, and not having kids doesn't. It's too against our nature to even think about.

Honestly I'd be in favour of a law that said for each individual person: "flights, meat, children - pick two to keep"

Flights and meat please! 😂

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Makes sense as to why zerocovid strategy probably doesn't make sense

Yeah...it's about risk...but at same time this is a virus that can spread and kill exponentially...so, unless we get a decent vaccine or medical breakthrough we will always have to have some restrictions in place to stop that spread. We have vaccines for measles and flu, and we have restrictions on car use...at moment for this virus all we have is restrictions on it's spread.

Ha ha so now Boris has had his photo op, the staff clean up and he's on his way back to London... apparently tent on someone else's land!! No way was he bloody camping, probably only been there Weds/Thurs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8650799/Boriss-Great-Escape-PM-flees-tent-moves-Old-School-House-remote-peninsula.html

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Ha ha so now Boris has had his photo op, the staff clean up and he's on his way back to London... apparently tent on someone else's land!! No way was he bloody camping, probably only been there Weds/Thurs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8650799/Boriss-Great-Escape-PM-flees-tent-moves-Old-School-House-remote-peninsula.html

He’s not read the love the farm leave no trace message ... the p***k 

16 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Didn't new zealand follow a zero covid strategy? seems like a smart move, I know the Uk isn't comparable to new zealand completely, but if we aimed for a zero case before opening up, this thread would probably be pretty dead right now

Its... probably just not possible to have a zero covid strategy.  Just very good testing and keeping it manageable until a vaccine or treatment turns up 

33 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Didn't new zealand follow a zero covid strategy? seems like a smart move, I know the Uk isn't comparable to new zealand completely, but if we aimed for a zero case before opening up, this thread would probably be pretty dead right now

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Its... probably just not possible to have a zero covid strategy.  Just very good testing and keeping it manageable until a vaccine or treatment turns up 

We could've got it lower in the early days but that ship sailed months ago. Would need the sort of strict lockdown we shouldve gone for at first, now. So obviously no chance 

I hope there aren't many Labour in these cross party MPs or it could hurt them - playing up to the "hard left" narrative of forcing people to do things (in the eyes of the normal voters), which is one of the things everyone was scared of with Corbyn.

Edited by efcfanwirral