When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

LOL

I've said earlier in the thread it's probably not spreading in offices because people aren't working in them. The ones that are are keeping capacity low and/or rotating staff in shifts to keep capacity low

I wish they would stop this push that we all need to get back to office hell, especially if you can do same job from home!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Having seen your posts over time, assuming then that you vote tory, can I ask why? What policies are important to you?

Keynesian economics, low Immigration or immigration of skilled labour only, Brexit policies and low taxes as I believe the lower rates of tax will lead to an increase in tax revenue. 

6 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Keynesian economics, low Immigration or immigration of skilled labour only, Brexit policies and low taxes as I believe the lower rates of tax will lead to an increase in tax revenue. 

We wouldn’t be the country we are if not for immigration. Everyone on this island is either an immigrant or descendants of immigrants. It’s who we are. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

If you are referring to the point i highlighted that a lot of folk in this country are racist and xenophobic, then yes it's a sorry state of affairs IMO 😕

You think it isn't?

I don't know anybody who "hate immigrants, hate foreigners and thinks everyone on benefits is a scrounger" for sure there are ass holes in this country as there are in every other population but I think the majority in this country are decent people.

Obviously, if you have data that shows otherwise then I'll unhappily concede that I am wrong... there may be vocal minority but their hatred is not representative in my opinion.

Edited by Barney McGrew
  • Upvote 1

I for one am grateful that we have those foreign workers in the care industry that have been on the frontline during the pandemic oh and those farm workers doing the jobs that the British don’t seem to want to do ... I think they come under the unskilled category ? But actually what is that ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I for one am grateful that we have those foreign workers in the care industry that have been on the frontline during the pandemic oh and those farm workers doing the jobs that the British don’t seem to want to do ... I think they come under the unskilled category ? But actually what is that ? 

usually means they are poorer.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

not a fan of previous tory govts who weren't keynsian at all then?

7 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I was just going to say this, did he vote for austerity Tories too?

Just to play mediator a wee bit, it's very rare that someone on these boards is (a) openly Tory and (b) open to having the conversations about it.  Let's try and keep it all civil and avoid the pass agg a bit eh? ;)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just to play mediator a wee bit, it's very rare that someone on these boards is (a) openly Tory and (b) open to having the conversations about it.  Let's try and keep it all civil and avoid the pass agg a bit eh? ;)

bollocks

actually interested as the keynsian thing is kind of new for the tories...and in practice not sure how long it will last.