When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Thanks- sounds great. There’s a beach in winterton (I think) with seals which looks amazing- I’ve put it on the list!

Winterton is absolutely gorgeous, I can definitely reccomend the north Norfolk coast too and areas like Sheringham and Cromer, both are perfect for tourists and haven't been too busy so far 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Winterton is absolutely gorgeous, I can definitely reccomend the north Norfolk coast too and areas like Sheringham and Cromer, both are perfect for tourists and haven't been too busy so far 

hopefully all he will catch at cromer is crabs ... :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

To the east coast. Great Yarmouth, lowestoft, maybe down to southend as well. We haven't booked yet but it's with a friend and we have made a plan so fingers crossed. Hope it's not breaking the rules 😅😂 guess its only 2 households though haha.

Will be my first time in a hotel, eating out etc, the lot so it's a big step for me. I'm hoping it won't be too busy. It's mainly on the coast so don't want the crowded beaches like on the news, but hopefully will be a bit quieter. 

It will be the eat out to help out thing too so guess I will be going to some restaurants! Which is a big step, but rather that than crowded pubs! 

Lovely, you are lucky to get anywhere this late, most places are fully booked in the area. As someone who was born and bred in Lowestoft and has lived in Norfolk for over 20 years, I can suggest a few lush places if you need recommendations. Where are you staying, and how many days are you staying for? The east coast is surprisingly big, Southend is a good 80 miles from lowestoft so I woudln't go there on a day trip tbh, try Southwold which is lovely and home to the Adnams brewery. If you can get there the North Norfolk coast from Cromew westward is lush, there are some of the most beautiful beaches and harbours along that coast, especially Wells-next-the-sea and holkham (so much so we have two weeks there this weekend, and we live only 20 miles from it!) Lowestoft has a great clean sandy beach, and Outlton Broad, a couple of miles to the west is lovely if you want a pint overlooking the gateway to the broads. Its a wonderful part of the world, very chilled, very beautiful, no stress, always seems very safe, you cant beat it. But then I am biased I suppose!

44 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I have had loads of hand sanitiser now for months ha!

I’ve got two  litres of Ethanol (industrial spirit) which is basically pure alcohol.  Mixed with aloe Vera or glycerol and a few drops of a perfume makes good sanitiser.  Also got eight 300ml packs of commercial sanitiser and loads of the little pocket sized packs. Just seem to pick one up every visit to the supermarket! At least we are prepared for Glasto next year! 

18 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

My Glastonbury box needs restocking for next year!!! 
I need work to order some to replace what I’ve used out of the box for work purposes!! Being allergic to alcohol is having a strange effect wen using!!! 

Must admit in the early days of the lockdown and the empty supermarket shelves we raided the Glasto box for sanitiser but as you see from above post that’s been replenished. The home made stuff is ok as long as the mix is of correct proportions.  Boots sell rubbing alcohol and aloe Vera but it looks as if there is plenty sanitiser now in the shops. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Must admit in the early days of the lockdown and the empty supermarket shelves we raided the Glasto box for sanitiser but as you see from above post that’s been replenished. The home made stuff is ok as long as the mix is of correct proportions.  Boots sell rubbing alcohol and aloe Vera but it looks as if there is plenty sanitiser now in the shops. 

Endless supplies it’s everywhere ... we have some outside our staff entrance which is very liquid ... every time I enter I get a puddle in my hands and smear all over the entrance door handles ... I’ve then enough left to rub into my hands 

There are some alcohol free ones tht seem to work!!! After plenty of investigations!!! At the beginning of all this it was a nightmare I was having reactions to it beI guess used Everywhere!! Especially the supermarkets where they were wiping down everything but I seem to be a little more tolerant It now which may be the antihistamines or environments are being less vigilant!!! I would hope it’s the antihistamines! 

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

no idea why they post these in the media, don't think the report mentions T-Cells once and it might be the majority who have the disease do not actually have antibodies because they do not need them.

7 minutes ago, pryce said:

no idea why they post these in the media, don't think the report mentions T-Cells once and it might be the majority who have the disease do not actually have antibodies because they do not need them.

Results came from testing, and is just interesting on how many have had covid19. We still don't know enough about immunity.

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This could be a painful day for the government and of course loads of students!

The DM has been fairly ruthless against spaffer and co this year over things such as this and Cummings gate. If you’re losing support from one of your biggest media supporters, how are you going to cope with the public in general?

20 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

The DM has been fairly ruthless against spaffer and co this year over things such as this and Cummings gate. If you’re losing support from one of your biggest media supporters, how are you going to cope with the public in general?

Sadly The Sun and Telegraph still support him, but yeah the DM has been pretty hostile to a Tory PM for their standards. 

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sadly The Sun and Telegraph still support him, but yeah the DM has been pretty hostile to a Tory PM for their standards. 

unfortunately I don't think it makes much difference. An election is a long way away, plenty of time for these things to be forgotten.

If anything is going to skewer Spaffer at the Hate Mail it's going to be Brexit. No matter what the outcome at the end of the year, there's just so much opportunity for the Mail to go with the line "this isn't the brexit we voted for" - which is odd, because I've heard that all brexiters knew exactly what they were voting for and Spaffer would deliver it.

Add-in a bit of silly-season generated rage about migrants in small boats and they might start to realise they were giving up control and not taking it back.

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Only in singular instances though really when it would look bad in the news stands among the others, the overall support is still there.

Its also amusing to see the online comments on these articles where all the comments are angry that the DM is now a leftie luvvie PC paper.

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

unfortunately I don't think it makes much difference. An election is a long way away, plenty of time for these things to be forgotten.

If anything is going to skewer Spaffer at the Hate Mail it's going to be Brexit. No matter what the outcome at the end of the year, there's just so much opportunity for the Mail to go with the line "this isn't the brexit we voted for" - which is odd, because I've heard that all brexiters knew exactly what they were voting for and Spaffer would deliver it.

Add-in a bit of silly-season generated rage about migrants in small boats and they might start to realise they were giving up control and not taking it back.

Trust me I share your cynicism (or is it realism? 😉) but this A level results business could do some real harm to the government at least in the short term.